WHO GOT THE BEST NEW ALBUM? MIGUEL: Kaleidoscope Dream OR THE WEEKND: Trilogy

Comments

• real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    MIGUEL: Kaleidoscope Dream
    Weeknd can't sing. Dude whines and curses all through his songs and it really downplays his music. Miguel surprised the hell outta me with Kaleidsocope Dream. The incredible sound and vibe he created here is one thing, his vocal skills and lyrical talent are best suited to complete the psychadelic sound of the record. Kaleidoscope Dream is modern-day classic.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Weeknd makes great songs, but I don't get when people say he has a great range, especially when compared to Miguel. How does he have a great range when you've only heard him in one?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Weeknd's content is a bit dark for my tastes.

I love me some Miguel...love his sound.

He wins.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Weeknd can't sing. Dude whines and curses all through his songs and it really downplays his music. Miguel surprised the hell outta me with Kaleidsocope Dream. The incredible sound and vibe he created here is one thing, his vocal skills and lyrical talent are best suited to complete the psychadelic sound of the record. Kaleidoscope Dream is modern-day classic.

And Miguel's Mexican ass don't be saying ? and making songs like "? Is Mine"
  • blackrain
    The Weeknd's content is a bit dark for my tastes.

I love me some Miguel...love his sound.

He wins.

Weeknd's content is great...take "Wicked Games"...ain't too many songs like that, especially from a male perspective....most are just superficial "We in the club, back to the crib, look at ice, i'll buy you a car" type Trey Songz/ The Dream ? ...
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay I said for my tastes...and Wicked Games is extremely dark!

I prefer to listen to things that take my mind to a positive place, that ? had me feeling depressed and ? ..lol.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE WEEKND: Trilogy
    I don't even consider the trilogy a "new album" but I still voted for it. The weeknd dropped so much fire the last couple years and the vibe he creates is crazy. Miguel's album has the same problem a lot of r&b albums have now, it's very hit or miss. The good songs are really good and the bad ones you have to skip...
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i only deleted one song off the new miguel album but i cant remember what it was
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackrain wrote: »

Miguel's moms is black
  • R.D.

Miguel's moms is black

father Mexican
  • blackrain
    Okay I said for my tastes...and Wicked Games is extremely dark!

I prefer to listen to things that take my mind to a positive place, that ? had me feeling depressed and ? ..lol.

Lol I never said it wasn't dark, it's just different from the normal male themed r&b songs you get. Yeah it's dark, but it's honest as hell and coming from a place alot of guys try to ignore or pretend doesn't exist. It really is a song that can let some females into how some dudes minds operate when dealing with women
  • blackrain
    edited November 2012

Miguel's moms is black

I know he's only half mexican, ? was just funny that you mentioned The Weeknd cussing like Miguel doesn't do it to. I mean "? Is Mine"...ain't even a way to make a clean version of that lol
  • bkkbully
    i will say that i'm looking forward to hearing more of The Weeknd and see where they evolve to
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    weeknd ? is trippy and i like trippy ? sooooo..
  • real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

It's one song. It's not like throws "? " and "? " in every ? verse, which is the case with Weeknd soft ass.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like House of Baloons, but other than that, The Weeknd boring as ?

Miguel dropped two dope albums
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I prefer Miguel.

Although The Weeknd has good songs, his voice is barely tolerable and some his lyrics are kind of wack,
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Miguel is dope, but u cant compare his album to 3 ? mixtapes from the weeknd, which has some of the best rnb songs to be released in a longgggggggggg ? time.

Miguel´s album was cool, the first 3 songs are 10 out of 10, then the next 3 were mediocre imo.Then the ones after were above avg. But The Weeknd has TOOOOOOOO many classic songs on the Trilogy for this to even be a fair comparison.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YoungGoldie What were your top picks off Trilogy?
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    IMO, ¨House of Ballons¨ vs ¨Kaleidoscope¨ would have been more of a fair comparison.. Cuz it would have been one body of work compared to another. So whoever says Miguels project trumps 3 Weeknd projects ,hasnt heard all 3 weeknd projects or is just hating imo...

These songs alone ? on Miguels album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NID-2orTN8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9PuAm7d0PA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FE-Pwm2cyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGCVhhUxnp8
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this dude Weeknd loves white women don't he?

every Weeknd song sounds the same to me, i fall asleep everytime i listen to the House of BAllons mixtape, i had to delete it off my itunes
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only Weeknd song I don't like is Initiation.. everything else is butter..
  • R.D.
    Was just playing "Same old song"

that ? is sooo tough
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been playin Miguels album for like a month straight. The Weeknd is alrite, he has some really great songs, but at the same time I think he's just a lil overrated.
  • bkkbully
    Only Weeknd song I don't like is Initiation.. everything else is butter..

Initiation is actually one of my favorite Weeknd songs. Storytelling on that is amazing. Feels like I'm right in the room with them ? before they run a train and ?