Thursday
    Echoes of silence

Are the three to look for.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    THE WEEKND: Trilogy
    Was listening to these joints earlier on the ipod and started smh.... The Weeknd is a better artist than Miguel and its not even close imo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asH4fb73Zns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBGbYagI6G4
  • NewMoonWearWolf
    NewMoonWearWolf Members Posts: 1
    Options
    There is no doubt in my mind that Trilogy is better than kaleidoscope dream. Trilogy includes 30 freakin' songs. The value is just off the charts. However, I do recognize that Trilogy is a compilation of the Weeknd's three mix tapes. The problem that remains for Kaleidoscope Dreams is that any single mix tape from the Weeknd is superior. Sonically, the Weeknd adds a whole new dimension to R&B. it's cool that Miguel likes to keep is OG at times, but it's no comparison to a fresh perspective in the R&B space. The Weeknd makes seductive music; it puts you in a mood when you listen. Miguel makes all kinds of music, from lounge to pop. Miguel does have one seductive track on Kaleidoscope Dreams, but it doesn't hold a candle when it comes to content. It's a sub-three-minute fun-sized song. Though, it's blunt, it doesn't stack up well to a healthy track like, "What You Need."

Oh, and by the way, everybody saying that Trilogy is only a compilation and nothing else is wrong. A lot of the tracks have been tweaked to either add more depth, or fix some loose ends. In short, Trilogy does have a different vibe from the three separate mix tapes, though only die-hard fans will notice.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The weeknd, dude music is just different from everything else out right now IMO
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    MIGUEL: Kaleidoscope Dream
    Just noticed K.Dream didnt have a single feature on it
    thats impressive considering all the label politics involved with creating albums....him and his team must of had the execs convinced
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    Options
    seriously?? the weeknd???? LLOOOL. This thread cant be real... SMH...
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like both albums,but i listen to miquel when i have a chick over.