Alicia Keys ? Fire

Options
blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
Album leaked today...great album...? Fire does an injustice to how good the rest of it is...standouts to me are "That's When I Knew" ,"101", "Fire We Make", "Not Even The King'....she came back real nice with this one

Comments

• real_hh_rep
    real_hh_rep Members Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Good to know yo! Seems like a case with her last 2 albums. I hated No One and Doesn't Mean Anything, her leading singles, but the rest of material on both albums was on point.
  • BlackNeji971
    BlackNeji971 Members Posts: 311 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for me it's not as good as "Diary" but her album is better than the last by far!
    "101", "Fire We Make" and "When It's All Over" are on point. I was suprised by "LimitedLess", Not the best tracks, but it's a different style.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard Brand New Me today..sooo much better than ? Fire.
  • soulatlantic
    soulatlantic Members Posts: 346
    Options
    I'm not feelin it aside from Brand New Me and Fire We Make with Maxwell. I was expecting more from her...
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally downloaded it. Gonna check it out now. I'm hoping it's a lot better than her last effort.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok I played the album. At first I was thinking it was trash but it got better for the second half. I'll definitely say this is superior to The Element of Freedom. Obviously the Maxwell track is the standout. I also liked "Not Even the King"..

But I'm accepting the fact that we'll never get the old Alicia back. Vocally she isn't as good as she used to be and has even slipped musically. I don't feel like I'll play this album a lot but maybe that'll change.