Take away The Rock's mic skills and...

AK.aPHillYisILL
AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
You pretty much got a jobber.

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    he also had the look (marketable) size athleticism can have great matches with great finisher, great signature... I mean Stone Cold needed his mic skills too to elevate himself... Austin 3:16.. so...
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    he also had the look (marketable) size athleticism can have great matches with great finisher, great signature... I mean Stone Cold needed his mic skills too to elevate himself... Austin 3:16.. so...

^^^^^
  • AK.aPHillYisILL

True true... The Rock has GOAT mic skills and (no ? ) he's got the looks and etc but that's all he got. His wrestling skills are average at best...

• Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you dont need to have the wrestling skills of bret hart to put on good/great matches
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? was still a good in ring performer. Can't say he was worse than Hogan & Cena!!!
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been thinking this for the longest. Ya'll think it's great just because he made you laugh. He wasn't the best or worst but like he said, without taking ? he'll just be an average wrestler.
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sabu>The Rock

Mr botchamania ? ...nah son
  • DOPEdweebz
    The rock was an amazing overseller/ seller also. Just cuz his stunner, pedigree, and sharpshooter especially sucked doesnt mean he didnt provide other intangibles in the ring minus the mic work...
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    The rock was an amazing overseller/ seller also. Just cuz his stunner, pedigree, and sharpshooter especially sucked doesnt mean he didnt provide other intangibles in the ring minus the mic work...

http://youtu.be/WJqhGATgxek
  • genocidecutter
    As matter of fact

Rob Van Dam>The Rock
    Ultimo Dragon>The Rock
    Great Sasuke>The Rock
    The Great Muta>The Rock
    Jushin Lyger>The Rock
    Bret Hart>The Rock
    Shawn Micheals>The Rock
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mic skills are what separate the Main Eventors from the Mid carders . That's a known fact if you can't talk on the mic and have no personality you are not going to draw money . So being average in the ring and great mic skills >>>>>> then being a great mat techincan and not being able to cut a promo .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    The attitude era missed out on plenty of epic wrestlemania matches
  • AK.aPHillYisILL

You know, I was thinking this myself... There were amazing matches during the Attitude Era but there could of been even more BIGGER potential matches. But the Attitude Era was the GOAT era with no questions asked. I haven't watched much wrestling in quite sometime... Probably since 06' was the last time I stopped checking for RAW, SD and PPV's... Wrestling got so dull and boring, I lost interest. I only keep up with what's going on, on the internet. But I know enough to know that wrestling is garbage nowadays.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator

You know, I was thinking this myself... There were amazing matches during the Attitude Era but there could of been even more BIGGER potential matches. But the Attitude Era was the GOAT era with no questions asked. I haven't watched much wrestling in quite sometime... Probably since 06' was the last time I stopped checking for RAW, SD and PPV's... Wrestling got so dull and boring, I lost interest. I only keep up with what's going on, on the internet. But I know enough to know that wrestling is garbage nowadays.

Imagine if the rock or steve austin or both were able to take on the streak

Steve Austin vs HHH @ WM in their prime would have been epic
  • genocidecutter
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same with Austin.

Look at his WCW career, he was a good wrestler but sucked otherwise. In the WWF, he soon became Stone Cold Steve Austin and his dgaf attitude and mic skills skyrocketed him. Take away that, you also have a jobber.

The WWF was always WWE, it's an entertainment business and has been since Vince took it over. WRESTLING has been dead for years, it's all about the total package.

You can take away the same things for today's stars and they would job.
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    Um and then look at Steve's career when he went to ECW after WCW... His promos and his mic skills were top notch in his ECW days. So no Austin had mic skills way before his WWF days.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rock was more than just mic skills, wasnt the best in the ring, but far from a slouch, had PLENTY of top quality matches
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    lol @ he got the looks and the mic skill but thats all he got......? thats damn near all u need..its entertainment

and the rock was far from horrible in the ring btw
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um and then look at Steve's career when he went to ECW after WCW... His promos and his mic skills were top notch in his ECW days. So no Austin had mic skills way before his WWF days.

Okay?

I'm not saying he didnt, but he knew to be on the top, he needed to have the whole package and he became STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN in the WWF.

He was "Superstar" Steve Austin and during his ECW, even though he could cut a promo, he didnt have the package to gain super stardom.

My point is about "SCSA" as a package, just as "The Rock" is a package. Both CAN wrestle, but without the rest of the skills (mic, image, character) they would've done nothing. Look at Austin in WCW and ECW, he wasn't a main eventer until became SCSA.

This goes for anyone who has the whole entertainment package.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    WWF missed out on having HHH vs Rock Vs Austin at Mania
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Please. Rock has 5 or near 5 star matches with HHH, Steve Austin multiple times each, Hogan, and others. Rock had the best match with Goldberg, no one else. Rock always entertains. He even had an entertaining match after years of hiatus with Cena.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

Imagine if the rock or steve austin or both were able to take on the streak

Steve Austin vs HHH @ WM in their prime would have been epic

i know hhh vs. austin for the undisputed title was considered for WM18
  • DOPEdweebz
    Meh Austin vs Triple H in Summerslam, No mercy 99, and 3 stages of hell was good enough for me.

I think one time Triple h from 99-01 was my favorite of all time, b4 it became a stale routine with him.