When Owen died or When Eddie died?

Options
Serious Juice Mayne
Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
Did you cry?

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    no that Raw is Owen was heartfelt tho.

and when Eddie died nope I remember that day or the following day i went outside and played football no ? given

R.I.P both tho
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I cried when dolemite died
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No cause i didnt know them personally. I heard they died ans was like "Oh ? " and went on about my business
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Owen died a ? cried ... I was like 7 I think
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. I was sad when owen died though, when eddie died I was a bit older and wasn't as ? up over it.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    was watchin the ppv and was a kid when owen died, so it was a bit more traumatizing
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was in denial over the Owen death a bit. People had me thinking it was a work like when The Giant fell off the roof in WCW. Didn't realize ? was real until real news started reporting it and I saw the PPV tape with Jeff Jarrett and Debra looking all ? up backstage.

Just remembered being sort of floored by the whole thing.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope. Owen's death scared the hell out of me though. ? was ? up.
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i remember i woke up as a teen in 99 the day owen died, i was watching the local news and they just were going to commercial and this said "coming up, a wwf wrestler dies at an event" and they showed jeff jarrett and debra walking down the aisle and owen was behind them, barely seen, so i assumed it was jarrett and hope it was, but when it was owen, i was like damn
  • dandctt
    dandctt Members Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    i remember i woke up as a teen in 99 the day owen died, i was watching the local news and they just were going to commercial and this said "coming up, a wwf wrestler dies at an event" and they showed jeff jarrett and debra walking down the aisle and owen was behind them, barely seen, so i assumed it was jarrett and hope it was, but when it was owen, i was like damn

Similar to this.

I remember i was watching some made for TV movie about Jesse The Body Ventura the night of Over The Edge '99 and during the commercial the news break came on and they said a professional wrestler died in the ring.

Even though I was 10 years old and didnt know much outside of WWF and WCW, i figured it was an unknown/independent wrestler or something and they said it was Owen Hart i was liked damn, they whole next day at school was weird too.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope when Damien died when Earthquake sat on him.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    I never cried when Hart died, but I prolly will when The Rock does
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Owens death was touching because they did the tribute show the very next day. they showed all the wrestlers talking about him and their best memories of him. I was watching it with my wife, and that was the hardest hold-back-tears ever because she was itching to laugh if i got senimental. we were a comedian couple.

I almost lost it when mark henry spoke because he was pouring with tears. Then the rock, who was a heel at the time, came out to face val venis. the rock grabbed the mic, got on the turn buckle and said that the match was for owen. he was like " If you want me to kick this rootie poo...... and the whole building screamed out CANDY ASS!!! and the rock had his eyes closed like he was taking it all in, and i fought back the ? . she was looking at me. i could feel her eyes. all i said was " that was cool of him."

that match was quick. straight to the rock bottom and a pin. Last but not least, stone cold came out and gave the beer salute and i felt better, but i was not going to give that ? the pleasure to rib me. i mean, ive been at funerals of people i hardly knew and i shed tears.

But with Eddie, idk. didnt really care too much. cared more about the woverine. always felt he laid the whole MEXICAN thang on too thick. kinda insulting. like how we feel about k-kwik i mean r-truth.