If you could create your own comic book superhero/villain...

Options
Sour-Cream
Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
Birth name and Alter Ego name:

Male/Female:

Hero, Villain or Nuetral:

Would you give him a weakness?

Powers and Abilities:

Fighting style:

City/Country/State:

Quick description of Origins:

Did he/she grow up broke, rich, single, married?

How did that ? get his powers?

Any of y'all ? artist, you can post up a drawing. I know how to draw and paint but I'm not doing that ? .

Comments

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour wrote: »
    Birth name and Alter Ego name: Calvin Young/Lojik

Male/Female: Male

Hero, Villain or Nuetral: anti-hero

Would you give him a weakness? No

Powers and Abilities: Psionic, li ght speed (comparable to surfer)
    Invulnerability, super strength comparable to Thor supes and surfer. Taps into characters souls the logical assessments based their behavior patterns and character traits.

Fighting style: Will engage anyone in hand to hand. Hand to hand skills are on par with
    Hercules.

City/Country/State: Los Angeles, California USA

Quick description of Origins: Got his powers through encounters with the earths truest genius. He defeated him in a game of chest and the government took him in for extensive testing. With their desire to go to war and fight fairly they used Calvin who was governed only by logical rights and wrongs. He was the most supreme of all super soldiers enhancing him intelligence and giving him psionic powers and light speed to go with incredible duper strength.

Did he/she grow up broke, rich, single, married? He grew up middle class. His parents were marries before he was taken away.

How did that ? get his powers?

Any of y'all ? artist, you can post up a drawing. I know how to draw and paint but I'm not doing that ? .

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Birth name and Alter Ego name: Israel Black

Hero, Villain or Nuetral: Nuetral

Would you give him a weakness? None

Powers and Abilities: Black Tattoo Art covers his entire body which he can manipulate into any shape similar to the Green Lantern and Raven. Since the art is a part of his body, he can use it to push himself to light speeds, even teleportation, super strength and can also produce shadowy clones of himself. His tattoos shield him as a protective barrier against telepathy, energy projections hotter than the sun and can even allow him to survive in any type of atmosphere including space. He can summon his body art to drain one of their powers or even eat them whole and obtain a new ability although this ability takes time.

Fighting style: none

City/Country/State: Blackpool, London

He's an artist that grew up on the streets of London. Lower class citizen with no family and a lady's man. He was killed by politicians of the British parliament but in order to hide their heinous acts, they put his body in a coffin on a spacecraft and sent it off to another planet where aliens found him and were able to bring him back to life with new found powers called astrial manipulation.

I forgot to add race/ethnicity, my character is African-American and a drifter that grew up in London.

• DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Birth name and Alter Ego name: Donte Farrowe/Black Pharoah

Hero, Villain or Nuetral: Neutral

Would you give him a weakness? No

Powers and Abilities: Powers given by the Egyptian gods. Goes from Thor levels to Upper Herald/Thanos levels all the way to Skyfather. Eventually can use all of them at once and gets to Abstract level. Includes Super Strength, Super Speed, Immortality, Invulnerability, Regeneration, Healing, Resurrection, Control over snakes, Control over the Sun/solar energy, control over tides/the moon, control over Death, and other powers of Egyptian gods.

Fighting style: ? Some kind of combat taught to and by high level Egyptian warrriors

City/Country/State: Los Angeles/USA/California

Did he/she grow up broke, rich, single, married? Middle-Class and is single

How did that ? get his powers? Deemed worthy by the Egyptian Gods to be their avatar and champion, got training, and own set of powers, can defeat gods to gain their powers

• Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm working on a characters for a graphic novel.
    I want to put a nice superheru spin on the
    genre.

@Drmindbender122 great minds think alike.
    There's not enough of black greatness represented.
    Gotta change that ? .

Anybody remember Milestone comics?
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I always wanted to write a hero as an updated look on Superman.But nothing silly and ? whack like Prime or Supreme.

I like Supes but I think they made that character too godlike and innocent and all the years theyve had to update the ? ,they keep him the same.

My dude would be:Late teens-early 20's,suburban white boy,huge truck ? ,mutant/born with powers.Super Strong,super fast,leap/almost fly(like the hulk),near invulnerable,slow aging.

A new take on a white bread super man type hero but in modern times.Dude was captain of the football team,? like a rabbit,no secret identity,works with the feds and leads a superteam(reluctantly) for a paycheck,likes being a celeb.

But refuses to ? people,brutalize people no matter what.At the end of the day an egotistical ? but deep down a noble ass ? when push comes to shove.

Recurring themes:Boy coming of age,metaphors on real life issues and events,pop culture of the day,fame and celebrity,being a role model,a true look at good and evil and a subtle critique super hero comics..More action than anything else though..

A mix of the classic superman,70's hulk,and the "hero for hire" luke cage.

• Paul Hate.
    Options
    I would like to do a Pyro character one day.

They are always fun from Torch to Sunfire.The have an easy power to work with.

Again mutant/born power maybe a pyrokenetic.

White boy,mid to late teens.Bad upbringing,dude raised by super-criminals(I don't think that's been done before)decide his people are basically terrorists and turns on them.So now he has all the villains on earth PLUS heroes and the government down to off him.

So he takes up a "hero" mask and changes his whole identity.Doesn't neccesarily wanna stop "crime" but doesn't let innocent people get hurt.Involved in big boy battles for the most part(no bank robbers and pimps,stupid ? like that).

Statement on teen anger and anxiety.Anti-hero,big mouth,goes over the edge alot of times,willing to terminate villains if he deems necessary.

Powers grow stronger w/time and he has power boosts when he gets angry like the hulk.

I would explore male teen issues with him(school,money,dating problems),violence,moral issues,and even rage and mental/emotional problems.

Have him go "rogue" and evil from time to time.

Like this dude wouldn't agree with letting a super-powered ? go,he would try to ? him or neutralize him and this brings him into conflict w/the government and other heroes a lot of times.

• Paul Hate.
    Options
    Yo real talk most minority characters are not that appealing as heroes to me.They always come off as racist or just weak.

The social commentary ? is lame when it comes to minority characters as well.I'd do it but only seldom.Rather make the characters feel more ethnic in regards to dialogue,attire,mentality,etc..

Only Cage,W.Machine and Spawn to me feel unforced as major black characters IMO!

If i was to do one.I'd basically do a flipped form of Luke Cage.I'd keep the "Hero for Hire" angle as a possibility though.(I love that idea,makes sense).

Instead of a prison background i'd do a super soldier type working for the feds type story.Basic themes would big brother,patriotism,political corruption,espionage,blacks ops type work on regular and super beings.Dude straight up kills people on follows orders rarely question unless it's some heinous ? .

Smash em bash em,shoot em up type,spy and advanced tech type ? .He'd also be part of an elite black ops team.Hate super powered people that are not regulated by law.

Early 30's character,military,mostly a straight arrow,real military type,but loses his temper,foul mouthed as ? ,always has or is looking for a love interest.Has a evil sibling/relative that eventually becomes super powered and antagonistic supporting cast except for mother and girlfriend.

Basically a black cap,mixed with punisher,a dash of cage.Difference here is with my guy how many comics have the hero follow goverment orders w/o question?My dude would go home and be ? about it or complain.That's about it.It would be more interesting to see how he deals w/things instead of the typical "rogue" one day back in the fold the next issue ? they do with Cap.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I design characters all the time...I'm in a phase where I put everyone in a hood...I don't usually give ? powers though...
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    My hero(male) would be forever youthful(17-21) with no weakness.
    From NYC, with Super Strength/Intelligence. Supernatural eyesight.
    He got his powers from getting a mutation through blood transfusion.
    Grew up super rich.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I design characters all the time...I'm in a phase where I put everyone in a hood...I don't usually give ? powers though...

Post those up player

• indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a character that i made up in junior high. you guys can steal it if you want to.

Birth name and Alter Ego name: The Paralyzer

Hero, Villain or Nuetral: Hero

Would you give him a weakness? He only have the ability to paralyze people with rays coming from his hands

Powers and Abilities: Paralyze people with rays coming from his hands

Fighting style: None

City/Country/State: New York

Quick description of Origins: Undeveloped

Did he/she grow up broke, rich, single, married? Undeveloped

How did that ? get his powers? Undeveloped

:)

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Already made own. Check out my deviantart page
    genocidecutter.deviantart.com/
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Birth name and Alter Ego name: Unknown and Evil Eyes

Hero, Villain or Nuetral: Neutral

Would you give him a weakness? Other than his powers he's a normal human with all the same weaknesses and limitations. His "Optical Flares" mode damages his eyes and will cause temporary blindness with a duration dependent on how long he was in the mode. Part of they psyche of whoever dies under his control will be stuck in his mind. The more people he kills in this manner the greater the strain caused by the remnants of those he's killed.

Powers and Abilities: His eyes have a number of powers of unknown origin including.

Telescopic and Microscopic vision
    Can perceive energy across the whole EM spectrum
    The clarity of things in his peripheral vision is on par with that of a normal person's primary vision.
    Photographic memory
    His eyes can heal from any damage.

If someone can see his eyes, but he can't see theirs:

He is able to implant hypnotic suggestions into their mind. These can be resisted by those with strong enough minds.

If he can see their eyes, but they can't see his:

He can read their minds.

If he makes eye contact with someone:

He can take complete control of that person's mind. With this he can enslave them, cast illusions that they cannot escape, read all thoughts and memories, and even control ? functions by controlling the brain's functioning. His control is absolute and cannot be resisted except by the greatest of telepathic minds and even then it would be a struggle. His influence will remain unless he purposely releases it or if it is cleared out by a sufficiently powerful telepath. He can control multiple people at once but each mind weakens his control somewhat so there is a limit to how many he can actively control at one time though it is currently unknown. Though there is no limit to how many minds he can infect with a dormant control.

Optical Flares: Under extreme conditions his eyes will glow brightly. Anyone who sees the light will instantly be under his control and subject to whatever commands he issues. In this mode, he has no limit to the number of people he can control and his commands are issued too quickly to be resisted. This mode strains his eyes resulting in temporary blindness. The longer he remains in this mode, the longer the blindness will last.

Fighting style: He knows some rudimentary boxing techniques. His fighting skill is supplemented by an exceptional ability to read his opponent's movement and an ability to react instantaneously to what he sees. His skill with firearms and other projectile based weapons is unparalleled due to his perfect aim and ability to analyze conditions based on visual cues.

City/Country/State: United States, nothing else is certain.

Quick description of Origins: He was born to a drug addicted woman on the streets of a city even he does not know. His mother quickly discarded him thinking he was a demon due to the strange nature of his eyes. He was found by an eccentric man that saw his eyes and believed they were the sign of something special. He was raised by this man until the age of 12 frequently moving around the country. Eventually, the man was caught by some enemies and killed. At this time, Evil Eyes' powers manifested for the first time and he was able to ? his surrogate father's murderers. Since then he has been on his own honing his abilities and devising a plan to punish humanity for its vileness.

Did he/she grow up broke, rich, single, married? His surrogate father had wealth, but they lived like transients. He has since used his powers to acquire substantial wealth, but he does not use it to live a rich lifestyle. He is single and has no real friends or family.

How did that ? get his powers? Unknown to him and anyone else. (However, they are the origin of alien genetic engineering. An attempt to make the perfect living weapon.)

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    Grew up super rich.

this ? ? sounds WOAT
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grew up super rich.

this ? ? sounds WOAT

I don't know. Most people just catch AIDS through bad transfusions. He got superpowers. That's impressive.

• earth two superman
    Options
    Thats how she-hulk got her powers though. ? ass ? wants to be the male she hulk.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    =)) @ the Male She-Hulk
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Some ? I drew up skivin' offa work

IMAG0403_zpsa5ac1950.jpg

IMAG0402_zpse9920a49.jpg

IMAG0399_zps0f42ee82.jpg

IMAG0398_zps1bc2bdba.jpg
  • PK_TK_187
    Options
    Thats how she-hulk got her powers though. ? ass ? wants to be the male she hulk.

i dont follow She-Hilk or any female heroes
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm a former role player, so I've created many heroes and villians in my day. My favorite was Vampire The Masquerade. Played as a PC and ST for years. Then life happened and I just ain't had time for it anymore.

Was more into being the villian, so I was usually a Sabbat. Although, World Of Darkness games tend to blur the line between good and evil. My most memorable character was a sabbat shovel head. A street ? forced into being a vampire that eventually became a Ductus(general in vampire army). With hopes of achieving a position in the black hand(the special ops of vampire army).

Once he did that, I was gonna retire the char. Played that char for 4 years. His story was epic, bruh. WOD games you really have to take on the role and be the char you created in the world your ST sets for you. Your character creates their own story cause you're actually acting it out. And if you had good ST's, and/or group to play with, ? could be better than any comic or novel you've read.

This particular char I had went out very anti-climatic like. I imagined his death being a blaze of glory decorated in gore to the sweet sounds of violence in the jyhad.

But noooooo, the fool got killed in some random encounter with flunky vampires that my ST sprung on me out of no where. To this day I wonder if the storyteller was just trying to get pay back from a disagreement we had prior.
  • earth two superman
    Options

u dont follow females in real life either, u frank ocean ass ?
  • PK_TK_187
    Options

u dont follow females in real life either, u frank ocean ass ?

thats because they follow me you Supercock sucker
  • earth two superman
    Options
    youre an admitted bi. that is a fact.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    I don't usually give ? power coz its difficult to explain. If you have the X-Men, its cool. Everyone is born that way. Or in One Piece (which, as far as stories, planning, political and social themes and foreshadowing are concerned, is GOAT) eat a Devil Fruit and ya got a power.

• PK_TK_187
    Options
    youre an admitted bi. that is a fact.

i could still ? your ? if it wasnt your hand.
    i probably still could cuz we know you like ?