anyone surprised? andrew bynum now OUT INDEFINITELY

Options

Comments

• Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh ...Demarcus Cousins just took Andrew Bynums spot...
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Look at the ? again.

Next year (13/14), they'd only be on the hook for $47 million, which leaves $13 mil to do ? with....and that's considering they bring Kwame's ? ass back.

Plus between Bynum's 16 and Brand's 16, for 13/14, that's 15 mil less that they have to pay ? .
    you forgot about jrich's contract also. sixers got plenty of money this off season.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmfao @ this thread, this is why i fuxxx with the I.C
  • TheBossman
    edited November 2012
    Options
    lmfao @ this thread, this is why i fuxxx with the I.C

the two bynum threads could be merged tho... @Peagle05
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ^You cats don't know wtf you're talkin about.I posted their salary cap so u can see it yourself and simple ? still got it all fucced up
    Look at the ? again.

Next year (13/14), they'd only be on the hook for $47 million, which leaves $13 mil to do ? with....and that's considering they bring Kwame's ? ass back.

Plus between Bynum's 16 and Brand's 16, for 13/14, that's 15 mil less that they have to pay ? .

Nah Duke

YOU look at it again, sixers on the hook for 47 mil wit only 9 players signed and the salary cap is 58 mil not 60

You'll have 11 mil to spend to sign 6 players and maybe a mid level exception
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Millsap is a solid player but he's not that type of Presence in the paint , he's a undersized 4 that plays damn near like a 3 .... he has quality numbers across the board but he's not someone that can take a team over the top ..

Teams that go all the way or get taken over the top have unique players....Millsap wouldnt change this team much at all.

Jrue and Bynum would have been a problem.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    ^You cats don't wtf you're talkin about.I posted their salary cap so u can see it yourself and simple ? still got it all fucced up
    Look at the ? again.

Nah Duke

YOU look at it again, sixers on the hook for 47 mil wit only 9 players signed and the salary cap is 58 mil not 60

you really need to get ALL your info before posting cuz. you right, the sixers salary next season will be around 46-47 mil and the cap is 58 mil, but what you forget is ALL TEAMS GO OVER OVER THAT AMOUNT, THE CAP CEILING IS 70 mil. anything after that is hitting the luxary cap, that includes players with player contrats who stay with the same teams, but have a higher salary aka "bird rights". that goes towards teams like the lakers who have a salary of over 100 mil. so in essence the sixers have 23 million to spend before hitting the cap ceiling. that's a slightly less than max player and resigning bynum if they choose to do so. that's like when the heat got lebron, but they couldn't sign him to a max deal, it was less than that with less years. so if the sixers went after a chris paul type (for example, they have a pg now) they could sign him if they trimmed some fat with trades, i.e. brown, jrich, and moultre, or just trade holiday, which would make it alot easier.

NBA salary cap for 2012-13 season set at $58.044 million

By Official Release
    Posted Jul 10 2012 9:13PM

NEW YORK -- The National Basketball Association today announced that the Salary Cap for the 2012-13 season will be $58.044 million. The tax level for the 2012-13 season has been set at $70.307 million. Any team whose team salary exceeds that figure will pay a $1 tax for each $1 by which it exceeds $70.307 million.

The Salary Cap and tax level, both of which are unchanged from 2011-12 amounts, go into effect at 12:01 a.m. ET on Wednesday, July 11, when the league's "moratorium period" ends and teams can begin signing free agents and making trades.

The minimum team salary, which is set at 85 percent of the Salary Cap, is $49.337 million for the 2012-13 season.

The current Collective Bargaining Agreement provides for three different mid-level exceptions depending on a team's salary level. The non-taxpayer mid-level for this season is $5.0 million, the taxpayer mid-level is $3.09 million and the mid-level for a team with room under the Salary Cap is $2.575 million.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/07/10/nba-salary-cap-release/index.html

do research before posting bruh.....
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Knee Collector Cometh.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You won't be eligible for any exceptions besides the mid level exception like I originally said, the sixers wont be over the 70 mil mark after july 1st

You'll have 46 mil invested in 9 players wit 11.5 available.IF you sign anyone and take up the lil money you have then you'll have the mid level exception
    The current Collective Bargaining Agreement provides for three different mid-level exceptions depending on a team's salary level. The non-taxpayer mid-level for this season is $5.0 million, the taxpayer mid-level is $3.09 million and the mid-level for a team with room under the Salary Cap is $2.575 million.

You dont get ALL 3 exceptions You shoulda did your research before u posted that cuz you just sonned ya self

It don't matter tho you'll learn next summer the hard way,philly lost
  • TheBossman
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You won't be eligible for any exceptions besides the mid level exception like I originally said, the sixers wont be over the 70 mil mark after july 1st

You'll have 46 mil invested in 9 players wit 11.5 available.IF you sign anyone and take up the lil money you have then you'll have the mid level exception

You dont get ALL 3 exceptions You shoulda did your research before u posted that cuz you just sonned ya self

It don't matter tho you'll learn next summer the hard way,philly lost

i didn't even mention exceptions, the article i posted did. the fact that you went through all those replies and didn't know the cap ceiling mean.... "you just sonned ya self"
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nope

http://youtu.be/5VPwcYWDNIQ

• Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I posted the sixers cap for next year effective july 1st(cuz thats when expiring contracts come off the teams books) and based ya'll dough off that #, you had to go google that info

You clearly don't know how an nba salary cap works
    TheBossman wrote: »
    ^You cats don't wtf you're talkin about.I posted their salary cap so u can see it yourself and simple ? still got it all fucced up
    Look at the ? again.

Nah Duke

you really need to get ALL your info before posting cuz. you right, the sixers salary next season will be around 46-47 mil and the cap is 58 mil, but what you forget is ALL TEAMS GO OVER OVER THAT AMOUNT, THE CAP CEILING IS 70 mil. anything after that is hitting the luxary cap, that includes players with player contrats who stay with the same teams, but have a higher salary aka "bird rights". that goes towards teams like the lakers who have a salary of over 100 mil. so in essence the sixers have 23 million to spend before hitting the cap ceiling. that's a slightly less than max player and resigning bynum if they choose to do so. that's like when the heat got lebron, but they couldn't sign him to a max deal, it was less than that with less years. so if the sixers went after a chris paul type (for example, they have a pg now) they could sign him if they trimmed some fat with trades, i.e. brown, jrich, and moultre, or just trade holiday, which would make it alot easier.

do research before posting bruh.....

The bolded and underlined is why you sonned yourself.
  • TheBossman
    Options
    you STILL dont realize what i typed do you? ? it, im done.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? it, Man. Sixers knew what they were potentially getting when they brought Bynum to town.

No need in crying over spilled milk. We're still a potential playoff team; a 6-seed at the very best and with some good luck.

We (Sixers) fan don't really have a choice but to chuck this missed home run attempt up as yet another chapter in the curse of Philadelphia sports ? ups.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *Walks in thread* "Philly Lauce" *Walks out thread*
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I could see Bynum retiring from the game so he can backpack through Europe or some stupid ?
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    so much for that 'young, humble, ready' thread.. but you know. it was all good on paper

? . The thread lives on. They are a playoff team WITHOUT Bynum. And they get a whole bunch of money off the books. AND Jason Richardson's play has made up fro his absence. AND, this gives them the leverage if they want to sign this dude to a deal next year.

tumblr_mdqzw4Gz3U1rsuyhco1_500.gif
    dealwithitlakers1y7pnr.gif

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, ? Bynum. I knew some ? was going to happen. Only a matter of time.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The sixers Lost

"But.....but...We SAVED A bunch of money!!!" -Typical misinformed sixers fan.

The hawks,rockets,mavs and jazz will have a bunch of cap space to sign multiple free agents next summer YOU WON'T
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone who thought Bynum was going to be healthy for an extended period of time, doesn't watch Basketball, he's brittle, Sixers got fleeced.
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Sixers took a gamble on Bynum and lost this year. If his knees are done long term we (Sixers) gave up Iggy for nothing. I don't know what they knew but if the doctors said it was a gamble then it is what it is. Sometimes you have to gamble on the second best center at the time to make your squad better. Oh and next years free agent class, I would like to get Milsap, David West, Joe Smith or Jefferson if Bynum is not back. The reality is these players will more than likely stay with their team maybe not Jefferson though. This team is need of a post player to balance out what we have.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thagame wrote: »
    Sixers took a gamble on Bynum and lost this year. If his knees are done long term we (Sixers) gave up Iggy for nothing. I don't know what they knew but if the doctors said it was a gamble then it is what it is. Sometimes you have to gamble on the second best center at the time to make your squad better. Oh and next years free agent class, I would like to get Milsap, David West, Joe Smith or Jefferson if Bynum is not back. The reality is these players will more than likely stay with their team maybe not Jefferson though. This team is need of a post player to balance out what we have.

Times can't be that rough dog, is it?

joe_smith.jpg

• P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's too bad, I was interested in seeing what they could do with a healthy bynum, doug collins stay getting shafted lol
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    one of the few good choices the cavs made. to pass up on the trade.