The Dark Knight Rises was flippin trash, b

Options
CallMeWelvin
CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Lets be honest for a minute. I know a lot of you were caught up in the Batman/ Bane hype but it has been 5 months since the release so I expect honesty.

The plot was everywhere. They tried to fit too much into the story and a lot things really didn't make sense.

Bane voice was terrible. A lot of people glorified that megaphone Irish accent bs.

Christian Bale had yet another wack performance as Batman.

Wack mini plot twist at the end with Bruce's ? being evil.

The fight scene with Batman and Bane was wack as ? . Really ? you have all these gadgets and all you do is use smoke bombs? Wackest fight scene ever.

I watched the movie in June and hated it and was like maybe I missed something... rewatched it yesterday and it was still the same ? overhyped movie. Bane had a few hot quotables and Catwoman was cool...everything else was eh.

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can not agree...I would say that I may have been too gassed to give a true opinion when I saw it...its no 10/10,,,and also, Dark Knight >>>

But I thought Bane was DOPE up until they told us he was a simpin' punk...Like another IC ? said, Miranda Tate was unnecessary...could have just made it that Bane was Ra's son...Also...Bane's death was a lil anti-climatic...

And its too long...

Other than that, its a quality film...8/10
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosgin every CelLLar-DooR said...only thing truly wack about the movie was when Batman's back broken and he was rehabbing and trying to climb out of the prison IMO
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Lets be honest for a minute. I know a lot of you were caught up in the Batman/ Bane hype but it has been 5 months since the release so I expect honesty.

The plot was everywhere. They tried to fit too much into the story and a lot things really didn't make sense.

Bane voice was terrible. A lot of people glorified that megaphone Irish accent bs.

Christian Bale had yet another wack performance as Batman.

Wack mini plot twist at the end with Bruce's ? being evil.

The fight scene with Batman and Bane was wack as ? . Really ? you have all these gadgets and all you do is use smoke bombs? Wackest fight scene ever.

I watched the movie in June and hated it and was like maybe I missed something... rewatched it yesterday and it was still the same ? overhyped movie. Bane had a few hot quotables and Catwoman was cool...everything else was eh.

Shut the ? up, every time there always has to be some clown to be Mr. Contrarian Attention ? . It wasnt the best of the trilogy but only a clown would call it wack. This is the same ? who said Spiderman would be better movie before TDKR even came out. You were the same clown who tried to piece together some idiotic opinion on how bad the movie WAS going to be before it even came out. You were biased before the movie even came out.

Lol wtf are you talking about ? . I've never said anything like you said on your post.

Stop making up ? just to hide you were one of the ? hold Nolan's nuts.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    The plot was horrible. Bane not killing Batman and the reason he gave for not killing him was wack. Having your back broken and rehabbing and climbing out of a cave with 5 months max was wack. I could go on and on.

It's hilarious how people will defend this movie to no end and call people attention ? for not ? riding that boring movie. Movie was honestly a 6/10 imo.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH dare to be different ass ? man. Nosign bruh. Nosign
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Dare to be a follower ? .

A boring Batman movie is you ? definition of a great movie?

Lol the dialogue wasn't even good enough to say it was more than just an action flick.

Was the plot everywhere yes or no?

Bane's voice wack?

A lot of ? made no sense?

Oh I get it I get it.. Its Christopher Nolan and it's Batman so it's great automatically. My ? you dudes are followers.
  • CallMeWelvin
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's hilarious that no one can debate this ? ... all they can say is you're trying to be different or naw bruh the movie was great but no one can say exactly why. Lol the movie was so great that you can't say why.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    debate what your ? ass opinion i'll pass I liked the movie . They incorporated no man's land,dark knight return's,and nightfall . They portrayed bane as something more than a muscle head. They destroyed batman all the way I think that was first story where he went broke. I actually liked Talia in story because I didn't see that ? coming. ? was entertaining ,they went left with it with bruce basically retiring forever and marrying cat woman ? was cool a few plotholes here and there but ? ? ain't got 4 hours to watch a movie.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    It's hilarious that no one can debate this ? ... all they can say is you're trying to be different or naw bruh the movie was great but no one can say exactly why. Lol the movie was so great that you can't say why.

The story was great I thought. The fact that Batman was no longer needed and was a wanted man fit well. Bane was shown as his superior in intelligence and strength. The fight scene was supposed to be wack in order to demonstrate Bane's superiority. Now granted, it would have been a completely different story had Heath Ledger lived, but this movie lived up to the hype
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    some people jus like to take the opposite stance of what is popular.
    and
    some people jus like to hop on the bandwagon.

i say people should jus enjoy movies however they can.
    if you get too caught up in the details,u can eventually ruin it for yourself.

sure,
    i wonder on the regular how in the hell he made it back to America from that prison with no money,
    then made it to gotham and made a giant bat signal of gasoline and jus happened to be on the ice at the right time
    BUT HEY
    its a ? comic book movie
    cheer for the good guy,enjoy the actions scenes,eat your swedish fish and go home
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options

The story was great I thought. The fact that Batman was no longer needed and was a wanted man fit well. Bane was shown as his superior in intelligence and strength. The fight scene was supposed to be wack in order to demonstrate Bane's superiority. Now granted, it would have been a completely different story had Heath Ledger lived, but this movie lived up to the hype

The story was great? Lol no ?

I highly doubt they wanted the fight scene to be wack...don't make excuses.

The story went all around the world for no reason.

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    some people jus like to take the opposite stance of what is popular.
    and
    some people jus like to hop on the bandwagon.

i say people should jus enjoy movies however they can.
    if you get too caught up in the details,u can eventually ruin it for yourself.

sure,
    i wonder on the regular how in the hell he made it back to America from that prison with no money,
    then made it to gotham and made a giant bat signal of gasoline and jus happened to be on the ice at the right time
    BUT HEY
    its a ? comic book movie
    cheer for the good guy,enjoy the actions scenes,eat your swedish fish and go home

I think dude had about 2 to 3 weeks to get back and ? how did he get to asia in the first movie with no money
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ? tom brady on turkey day. go JETS!!!

#PleaseDontFireRex
    #2013JetsDraft
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nosign just watched it again last week...bane was that ?
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew feelings would be caught from this thread. Movie did not live up to the hype, but it was enjoyable.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still havent seen it. Honestly, I have no desire to see it. I had my suspicions it was more hype than substance.

• earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it had plotholes and the acting was subpar from half the cast. But it was still the best time I had in the movies this year.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    it had plotholes and the acting was subpar from half the cast. But it was still the best time I had in the movies this year.

Wow, that's sad.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fuuuuuuck. That. Avengers was the ? .
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Batman Rises was great. You must be having a hipster kind of mood or something.

When I watch a movie I want to see conflict and triumph in the face of adversity. Batman delivered that, and it delivered it well. Unlike other super hero movies (like that ? Green Lantern flick) where the hero never appears to be inches away from defeat, Batman Rises had me at the edge of my seat thinking he was going to die. The first half of the movie is basically Bruce's fall from greatness. He gets his back broken, he gets thrown into a massive hole, every one hates him... ? goes to hell and it looks hopeless. Then he comes back, in spite of impossible odds, and it doesn't come off looking too forced or unbelievable. That is a good movie. The ride from beginning to end is consistent, with the plot rises and falls being well placed to allow for maximum enjoyment.

The revealing of Robin was awesome too. Did not see it coming personally.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? stay winning
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing I can consign is banes voice....should have kept it south American
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't a fan of that movie either.