The Dark Knight Rises was flippin trash, b

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avengers was wack imo
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bane's voice was the ? . FOH. Still got dem quotables stuck in my head.

"OF COURSE!"

imho biggest mistake they made was spoiling the stadium scene before it came out
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Avengers was wack imo

I mean them cats had no sense of urgency for almost the entire ? movie . An ancillary character had to die for them to kinda give a ? about an alien invasion and losing a object of unfathomable power . Them ? was cracking jokes and ? the whole time like ? was cool .
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Batman Rises was great. You must be having a hipster kind of mood or something.

When I watch a movie I want to see conflict and triumph in the face of adversity. Batman delivered that, and it delivered it well. Unlike other super hero movies (like that ? Green Lantern flick) where the hero never appears to be inches away from defeat, Batman Rises had me at the edge of my seat thinking he was going to die. The first half of the movie is basically Bruce's fall from greatness. He gets his back broken, he gets thrown into a massive hole, every one hates him... ? goes to hell and it looks hopeless. Then he comes back, in spite of impossible odds, and it doesn't come off looking too forced or unbelievable. That is a good movie. The ride from beginning to end is consistent, with the plot rises and falls being well placed to allow for maximum enjoyment.

The revealing of Robin was awesome too. Did not see it coming personally.

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Lets be honest for a minute. I know a lot of you were caught up in the Batman/ Bane hype but it has been 5 months since the release so I expect honesty.

The plot was everywhere. They tried to fit too much into the story and a lot things really didn't make sense.

Bane voice was terrible. A lot of people glorified that megaphone Irish accent bs.

Christian Bale had yet another wack performance as Batman.

Wack mini plot twist at the end with Bruce's ? being evil.

The fight scene with Batman and Bane was wack as ? . Really ? you have all these gadgets and all you do is use smoke bombs? Wackest fight scene ever.

I watched the movie in June and hated it and was like maybe I missed something... rewatched it yesterday and it was still the same ? overhyped movie. Bane had a few hot quotables and Catwoman was cool...everything else was eh.

[img]http://almostdumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/? -is-you-serious.gif[/img]
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I watch a movie I want to see conflict and triumph in the face of adversity. Batman delivered that, and it delivered it well. Unlike other super hero movies (like that ? Green Lantern flick) where the hero never appears to be inches away from defeat, Batman Rises had me at the edge of my seat thinking he was going to die. The first half of the movie is basically Bruce's fall from greatness. He gets his back broken, he gets thrown into a massive hole, every one hates him... ? goes to hell and it looks hopeless. Then he comes back, in spite of impossible odds, and it doesn't come off looking too forced or unbelievable. That is a good movie. The ride from beginning to end is consistent, with the plot rises and falls being well placed to allow for maximum enjoyment.

/thread.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cosign, that ? was wack and bane sounded like Dr Evil with a megaphone, I couldn't stop laughing at that ? b.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol didn't the same Batman fails then triumph thing happen in the Dark Knight... It's the same script different villian.

Ol I'm gonna stay hidden in my house for 7 years and Batman stays away for seven years but no one notice we reappear at the same time ass ? .

Ol I knew you were Batman because of the face you put on at my orphanage ass ? .

Ol we'll fight terrorist in other countries but won't in our country ass ? .

Ol im coming back from a broken back within 4 months without surgery ass ? .

Ol I broke your back but im not going to ? you even though youre the only that can stop me ass ? .

Ol I've been gone for 4-5 months but I know exactly how long we have before the bomb explodes ass ? .
  • CallMeWelvin
    If any other movie had that many plot holes and bad scenes ? would ? it but since It's Batman I'm a hipster attention ? lol.

If we were talking about Twilight everyone would ? this movie.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Sour wrote: »
    Cosign, that ? was wack and bane sounded like Dr Evil with a megaphone, I couldn't stop laughing at that ? b.

Man at one point I was thinking if this suppose to be a campy movie. That voice was terrible. Cosign Dr. Evil with megaphone. ? wasn't menacing at all.
  • Sour-Cream

Man at one point I was thinking if this suppose to be a campy movie. That voice was terrible. Cosign Dr. Evil with megaphone. ? wasn't menacing at all.

Word, if a ? tried to approach me sounding like that, I'd smack the ? outta him b.

• CallMeWelvin

Word, if a ? tried to approach me sounding like that, I'd smack the ? outta him b.
    ? was saying Bane's voice was great so I said ? it and watched the movie... I had the wtf face.... ? sounded like a mix of Simon from American idol and Bill Clinton.
  • Sour-Cream

/thread.

No sign bruh

Robin was a ? ? with no fighting skills in the movie and his name ain't Robin, it's ? Grayson.

• Sour-Cream
    "Aye ? , yo back protruding, lemme fix that ? b, nh"

How that frail ass indian ? fix bats back with one punch, FOH b.
  • CallMeWelvin
    "Aye ? , yo back protruding, lemme fix that ? b, nh"

How that frail ass indian ? fix bats back with one punch, FOH b.

Lololol Aye Bruh I know youre in a deep ass cave but you still gets basic cable.
  • Sour-Cream
    edited November 2012
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the voice was original and different, I just wish the film would have showcased his intelligence more. The twist at the end was pretty good too, but all in all this movie is deeply flawed and boring, and now i'm hearing stories about how Nolan was rushed to put the film out.

Aside from the plot holes, the biggest problem I had with this film was the ? fighting choreography and the horrible editing. The first hour of this movie was cut like a trailer, music was too loud and each scene was jarringly short and had no cohesiveness from one to the next.

If I ever watch this film again it'll be because of Bane and how interesting the character was, not much else worth going back to.
  • CallMeWelvin
    I thought the voice was original and different, I just wish the film would have showcased his intelligence more. The twist at the end was pretty good too, but all in all this movie is deeply flawed and boring, and now i'm hearing stories about how Nolan was rushed to put the film out.

Aside from the plot holes, the biggest problem I had with this film was the ? fighting choreography and the horrible editing. The first hour of this movie was cut like a trailer, music was too loud and each scene was jarringly short and had no cohesiveness from one to the next.

If I ever watch this film again it'll be because of Bane and how interesting the character was, not much else worth going back to.

I agree with this 1000%.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Gordon gets captured and taken to Bane and he escaped by jumping into flowing water in the sewer. The prisoner exclaims there is no way to know which water way he will wash up through and end up at. However, Officer Blake who has no idea he even jumped into the water seemingly acts on a hunch and knows exactly where to find Gordon. 

After Gordon is at the hospital he is adamant about searching the sewers to hunt down Bane exclaiming there is an army in the sewers. The problem with this is he was mostly unconscious until he reached Bane in the sewers. All he saw was a couple guys and a masked man, hardly Bane and an Army in the sewer.

Why did we only see Batman a total of like 10-15 minutes during a 3 hour long film?
  • CallMeWelvin
    edited November 2012

Why did we only see Batman a total of like 10-15 minutes during a 3 hour long film?

nolan said he wanted to focus on the story of bruce wayne
    Should of called it Bruce Wayne Rises then.

All bridges except one into the city were destroyed and it is the middle of winter yet somehow Bruce Wayne is able to slip back into Gotham undetected.

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? was cool except trying to decipher wtf Bane was saying half the time
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    movie was good but I agree about the fight choreography last fight was pretty anticlimactic
  • CallMeWelvin
    Should of called it Bruce Wayne Rises then.

you do understand chris nolan trilogy has been more about the man in the suit rather than the suit, since batman begins

nolan has strongly stated this since jump

BB and TDK. Had way more Batman ans weren't as boring as TDKR. I can continue on and on about the horrible plot and plot holes.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Always thought this was vastly overrated the story line makes no sense whatsoever. But to be fair it is a better conclusion then lets say...Matrix Revolutions. That's not a complement though. I thought Skyfall and Prometheus were better than this. And Avengers is a much better comic book movie.
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    I kind of agree with PimpMVP but I wouldn't call it wack. I think Nolan tried to give too many shoutouts to the source material, which is a rare critique for a comic book adaptation. Some things I would've changed:

-Don't actually break Batman's back, I know it happened in the comics but it was silly even then, and anyway he had more time to recover there. Instead just have Bane sprain his back or something. This makes his recovery a lot more believable.

-Allow Batman to escape instead of having him get captured and shipped halfway across the world. This eliminates the implausibility of how he managed to get back in the Gotham in the time he did when the city was on total lockdown. Even for a ninja in a comic book movie that ? was a stretch. Especially considering how much trouble Nolan went through to make the trilogy realistic.

Instead Batman escapes and recovers in the Batcave or one of his other spots. Have visions of Ra's Al Ghul and maybe his father take the place of the old dude in the pit who provides encouragement. or ? even Alfred. You can still do the whole man overcoming adversity thing only he does it in Gotham city. Also by allowing him to escape this eliminates the James Bond villain trope of Bane keeping him alive considering how dangerous he is (took down the leader of the League, etc.). Bane was on point all movie and makes a amateur blunder here.

-Either axe Miranda Tate or flesh her out more. I'd probably axe her; it'd be easier. Again I know she's a character from the comics (Talia Al Ghul) yadda yadda, whatever. She was such an empty character her revelation in the final act had no impact and added nothing; actually it took something away. Which brings me to another point...

-Make Bane the brains. He wants to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's vision, period.

There's more but this is all I felt like typing. Like I said this movie wasn't wack but it had the potential to be so much better.