Let's Talk About: Demonic Possession & Exorcisms

Options

Comments

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Movies like "The Exorcist" and "The Possessed" were supposedly were inspired by a real life event of demonic possession, but in that case they found out the boy (named Roland Doe) had a severe case of Tourette's syndrome.

But when you have people doing psychotic serial killings with no remorse and numerous sexual deviant acts that's in the WTF/SMH category, then it's something to think about...

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No. It's supernatural
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you are looking to experience the supernatural look on the dark side, open your mind and body to evil entities and they will come to you. you will get an answer quicker and easier from satan than you will from ? .
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    you will get an answer quicker and easier from satan than you will from ? .
    Oh well that's reassuring, thanks ? for leaving me hangin.
  • zombie
    Options
    .IRS. wrote: »
    you will get an answer quicker and easier from satan than you will from ? .
    Oh well that's reassuring, thanks ? for leaving me hangin.

What i really mean to say is that the PARANORMAL works of evil are easier understood and experienced by man than the works of good.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Man what the good ? !? it ain't nothin godly to know being bad is the easier choice, got nothing to do with paranormal. Being good is hard work, and humans is laaaaaazy.
  • zombie
    Options
    Man what the good ? !? it ain't nothin godly to know being bad is the easier choice, got nothing to do with paranormal. Being good is hard work, and humans is laaaaaazy.

YES I know being bad is easier what i am trying to tell you is that if you want to experience the reality of ? , angels demons satan and other things of that nature then is would be easier to start by looking into the evil side aka open your self up to demons.
  • Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i dont know.. just a theory of mine. the power of belief is crazy. you believe ? and Jesus, demons will pursue you more persistent than a non-believer cuz they dont really have to work on them since they already dont believe. but i dont think the possession has anything to do with trying to bring that person down, just think they felt like getting some attention or something. dont know and dont have a theory.. but i do know the power of belief with spirits is nothing to play with.

and i see some atheists talking about souls.. i thought that was against your train of thought being a atheist? souls and body become separated when you die, so you really dont die, your body does (1st death).. so where does your soul go when you die?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2012
    Options
    When ? flooded the earth, why did he ? all the humans? Wouldn't it have been easier to get rid of the demons and satan, the ones that are easily called upon? But he didn't, because the evil resided in the hearts and mind of humans. The problem exists within man. Not some demon I've opened myself up to. The devil? Satan? That bad ass adversary, its your own damn mind working against you going against every good bone in your body.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Ok babe in christ, time to go get you some of that milk.
  • zombie
    Options
    When ? flooded the earth, why did he ? all the humans? Wouldn't it have been easier to get rid of the demons and satan, the ones that are easily called upon? But he didn't, because the evil resided in the hearts and mind of humans. The problem exists within man. Not some demon I've opened myself up to. The devil? Satan? That bad ass adversary, its your own damn mind working against you going against every good bone in your body.

I am of the school of religious thought that believes that the flood story is allegory. but even if the flood was real it would not ? a demon. demons are not alive like we are and cannot be drowned. Most evil is done by man you will get no argument from me there but demons exist and sometimes interact with man in this world.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    While your looking for those outward demons, I'm gettin on the work of eviction.
  • Demarco27
    Demarco27 Members Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    100 Prime wrote: »

so where does your soul go when you die?

Where was it before u were born? Do u remember?
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2012
    Options

I am of the school of religious thought that believes that the flood story is allegory. but even if the flood was real it would not ? a demon. demons are not alive like we are and cannot be drowned. Most evil is done by man you will get no argument from me there but demons exist and sometimes interact with man in this world.
    Yet still, it seemed more godly logical to rid the humans than satan. Gotcha.
  • Demarco27
    Options
    All these ? beliefs are based on people seeing things they cant explain.
    ? is ? and goofy

YES I know being bad is easier what i am trying to tell you is that if you want to experience the reality of ? , angels demons satan and other things of that nature then is would be easier to start by looking into the evil side aka open your self up to demons.

And ? how exactly do u do this? and how do u know?or are u just guessin
  • zombie
    Options

Yet still, it seemed more godly logical to rid the humans than satan. Gotcha.

Most of the humans at the time of the flood were so evil that they were just like the demons but unlike demons we can die by drowning.
  • Premeer
    Options
    Demarco27 wrote: »
    100 Prime wrote: »

so where does your soul go when you die?

Where was it before u were born? Do u remember?
    i dont remember but it was in heaven. now you can talk about that and laugh at it and question it all you want.

thats home.. some will make it back home, some wont.. but thats why we are here now.. its a test to see where we will go.

• BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    @Demarco There is a lot good things to learn in the bible, not so much if you read it all literally imo. But if you seek out the allegorical and metaphorical implications, ? there. Its like learning the moral of something through a story, story isn't anything real, but the message or moral of the story is there.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • Premeer
    Options
    ? is ? and goofy

im not going to lie.. i was dumb a few years ago i got curious. i talked to demons thinking they were family. i made a pendulum and connected 3 paper clips and a key at the end to swing around the alphabet to spell the words.. demons are real... thats all i will say. spirits are real.. no denying that. i dont recommend you play with it but if you think its a joke and funny then go head and make 1 yourself. but play at your own risk.

im telling you, you dont want to play with that tho.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2012
    Options

Most of the humans at the time of the flood were so evil that they were just like the demons but unlike demons we can die by drowning.
    And here we are, in the same ? boat, lotta good that did, shoulda just got rid of that damned devil.
    Biggest and quickest moral of the biblical story? Be a good person, stop treating your neighbor like ? and stop coveting ? that's gonna end up in the garabge dump next year when you buy new ? .
  • zombie
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ? is ? and goofy

I know because i have first hand knowledge of it, look the world we live in is only just one layer of existence there are more. you can experience these things if you really want too, demon possession, astral travel out of body experiences all these things are real but most people are smartly too scared of evil to do so and the people who hold to ? don't have too.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    edited November 2012
    Options
    And who said ? had to drowned the devil? He's ? for ? 's sake, throw that little bastard in the lake of fire already! What it aint made yet? How long it take to make? ? made the whole shibang in 6days!!
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    I know why, cuz ? ain't got up from his rest yet, after that 6th day, he passed the fuuuuck out.
  • Demarco27
    Options
    @Demarco There is a lot good things to learn in the bible, not so much if you read it all literally imo. But if you seek out the allegorical and metaphorical implications, ? there. Its like learning the moral of something through a story, story isn't anything real, but the message or moral of the story is there.

I agree wholeheartedly. Good stories, notto be taken literally. But i grew up in thinking those things were no tto be questioned until i took the blinders off and realize that ? encourages irrational thought.