Let's Talk About: Demonic Possession & Exorcisms

123457»

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. What makes m theory or string theory ? ?
    2. Mathematics and science co exist
    3. Regardless of what theory is true, I believe there was existence b4 the big bang and most if not all current scientific theories point to that.

it's getting late i will answer # 1 tomrrow because it would take to long.

something can be mathematically possible and not exist science has to be testable and repeatable and observable. that is one of the main problems in string theory.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Regardless of what theory is true, I believe there was existence b4 the big bang and most if not all current scientific theories point to that.
    i had to lol.. so you are telling me you are once again changing your beliefs because science is changing theirs. great .. like i said, you are unstable lol.

a fool puts his faith in man.. a wise man puts his faith in ? .

/thread
  • Premeer

James 1:6
    But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. for he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea drive with the wind and tossed

that scripture...... YOU fit it to a "T".. i had to quote it again.

meaning.. you are basically tossed around aimlessly cuz you have no stable spiritual foundation. you put your faith in man and man is not certain of anything. you change as much as mans mind and that makes you a fool for putting your faith in mans hands.

clear cut and dry.
  • Bodhi
    edited November 2012
    oo, I said regardless of what theory they say is true, my belief stays the same. That is, unless someone or something can prove otherwise, I.e. creationism, meaning if creationism was proven tomorrow, I would then change my view which btw is wise. It would be ridiculous for someone to hold onto old beliefs for the sake of old belief and deny hard evidence. Could you imagine someone who refused to believe the earth was not flat? That is the problem with most ppl; they become addicted to beliefs and suffer because of it in the long run, like an alcoholic or drug addict. The only thing imo that matters is how we live in relation to nature including each other and I believe that answer is harmony, respect, and peace. I dont see that changing anytime soon.

I thought you were done talking.

And Disciplined Insight, it would be refreshing to hear some original ideas from you as opposed to the usual piggybacking anything and anyone who disagrees with me.
  • Bodhi
    edited November 2012
    My faith is not based on man but on truth. Many mediums can show the way to truth, including the teachings of man.
    Did man not write the Bible? It seems to me that your faith is placed in the hands of man so maybe by your standards you are more foolish than I am.
  • Demarco27
    Demarco27 Members Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Prime wrote: »
    and i see some atheists talking about souls.. i thought that was against your train of thought being a atheist? souls and body become separated when you die, so you really dont die, your body does (1st death).. so where does your soul go when you die?
    @100prime
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hGiNnMO-Fo&feature=related
    from 3:30

Genesis 2:7 hebrew for living soul: nephesh. basically saying the bible says SOUL= living being, not Immortal soul
  • Bodhi
    and i see some atheists talking about souls.. i thought that was against your train of thought being a atheist?

Atheism is only concerned with belief in gods or deities, the definition of atheism being the rejection of such beliefs but that does not include anything else. An atheist can believe in souls, reincarnation, spirit possession, psychic abilities, ghosts, etc. etc.
  • Premeer
    Demarco27 wrote: »
    and i see some atheists talking about souls.. i thought that was against your train of thought being a atheist? souls and body become separated when you die, so you really dont die, your body does (1st death).. so where does your soul go when you die?
    @100prime

Genesis 2:7 hebrew for living soul: nephesh. basically saying the bible says SOUL= living being, not Immortal soul
    thats his interpretation.. but you gotta be careful because, well... here, read:
    1 John 4:1
    Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from ? , for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Matthew 7:15
    Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

2 Peter 2:1
    But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

etc, etc...

now, here:
    Matthew 10:28
    And do not fear those who ? the body but cannot ? the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

now, justs for the record, the soul and spirit is 2 different things.. read:
    Hebrews 4:12
    For the word of ? is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
    And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to ? who gave it.

reading these last few scriptures, you can see clearly, we are made up of a body, spirit, and a soul.. only ONE dies HERE on earth,

now, who are you going to trust, Gods word, ^^^^^ you read it for yourself.... or a man, ONE man, that ? even warned you about in the 1st few scriptures i posted.
  • Premeer
    My faith is not based on man but on truth. Many mediums can show the way to truth, whether it be the teachings of man or simple observance of the natural world.
    Did man not write the Bible? It seems to me that your faith is placed in the hands of man so maybe by your standards you are more foolish than I am.
    look how cute.. 1 idiot co-signs another idiot. you are a man, no? and you dont trust "your own" teachings? you lean on science, cuz clearly, you said many scientists have been leaning toward "said theory", if you didnt trust them, then you wouldnt have never brought it up.

you lost again smh...
  • Premeer
    there is no "illogical logic" that ? doesnt address in the Bible, thats the great thing about our ? . he makes everything clear. all you have to do is look, or ask, whole heartedly (without wavereth, like He said) and He will show you, teach you..

or you can stay in the dark and trust another man who knows NO MORE than you.
  • Bodhi
    My faith is not based on man but on truth. Many mediums can show the way to truth, whether it be the teachings of man or simple observance of the natural world.
    look how cute.. 1 idiot co-signs another idiot. you are a man, no? and you dont trust "your own" teachings? you lean on science, cuz clearly, you said many scientists have been leaning toward "said theory", if you didnt trust them, then you wouldnt have never brought it up.

you lost again smh...

Yes, I am a man but that is neither here nor there; the point was that I dont follow man blindly or without exception. I follow truth; I am a truth seeker. Truth is what I follow, whether spoken by man or realized by way of my own consciousness.
  • Premeer

you lost again smh...

Yes, I am a man but that is neither here nor there; the point was that I dont follow man blindly or without exception. I follow truth; I am a truth seeker. Truth is what I follow, whether spoken by man or realized by way of my own consciousness.

smh... that is hard to read and take seriously..
  • Premeer

you lost again smh...

how many times do i have to address the same thing.......................

• Bodhi

you lost again smh...

smh... that is hard to read and take seriously..

Sounds like a personal problem.
  • Bodhi

you lost again smh...

how many times do i have to address the same thing.......................

I'm not asking you to. I'm only trying to help you understand.
  • Demarco27
    Demarco27 Members Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    @100prime

now, here:
    And do not fear those who ? the body but cannot ? the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

For the word of ? is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to ? who gave it.

reading these last few scriptures, you can see clearly, we are made up of a body, spirit, and a soul.. only ONE dies HERE on earth,

now, who are you going to trust, Gods word, ^^^^^ you read it for yourself.... or a man, ONE man, that ? even warned you about in the 1st few scriptures i posted.

I'll skip the false prohet part since (if u watched the vid he q
  • Premeer
    @100prime

now, here:

@100prime
    I'll skip the false prohet part since (if u watched the vid) he quoted scriptures.

But here's a few that say otherwise:
    Ecclesiastes 3:19-21
    19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath[a]; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. 20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. 21 Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”

English Standard Version (ESV)
    23 And it shall be that every soul who does not listen to that prophet shall be destroyed from the people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od9s-AgtelE&feature=related
    Ecclesiastes 9:5
    or the living know that they will die,
    but the dead know nothing;
    they have no further reward,
    and even their name is forgotten.
    Ecclesiastes 9:10
    0 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

of course you will skip the false prohet part since it is valid. you have to know satan to know his tricks. hes decieving / manipulative. that man just gave his "interpretation".. much like how atheists will pick and choose different scriptures and twist them. like how you just interpreted that scripture yourself.. somebody who doesnt know better would have been tricked.

all that scripture is saying that when we die, here, all our bodies go back to the earth. and our spirits / soul goes up. i had to pull out my Bible just to know cuz you looking up watered down scriptures. ive seen people pull up scriptures that were so watered down that a few words changed the whole degree of the scripture.

but yea.. any way.. you answered to Gods scripture and refuted it and i gave you scripture about souls and spirits.. and you still telling ME IM wrong.. when all idid was answer your post with Gods word.. so i guess ? is wrong about himself then, huh.