Man of Steel will set up Justice League movie, hints director.

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
If-the-cape-fits---Henry--010.jpg

Zack Snyder, the director of the upcoming Superman reboot, has hinted that Man of Steel could be used to set up proposed superhero ensemble movie Justice League.

Speaking to the New York Post, Snyder suggested studio Warner Bros "trusted" him to "keep them on course" for Justice League, which will feature Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman uniting in a single cause and is due in 2015. The film-maker's comments have been widely interpreted as a clear sign that Warner will use Man of Steel as a launchpad for a series of linked movies set in the DC Comics universe, just as Disney's Marvel Studios did with its selection of films (beginning with 2008's Iron Man) that set up this year's $1.5bn blockbuster The Avengers.

"I don't know how Justice League is going to be handled. Honestly, I don't," Snyder said. "But Man of Steel exists, and Superman is in it. I don't know how you'd move forward without acknowledging that."

Asked if he and Warner had discussed integrating Man of Steel into a larger superhero universe, Snyder then added: "Um, how can I answer that? I can't really say anything to that, because that's a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course."

Man of Steel, which stars British actor Henry Cavill as Superman with Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Russell Crowe as Jor-El and Kevin Costner as Jonathan Kent, is due in cinemas for June next year. Michael Shannon plays villain General Zod and Laurence Fishburne is Daily Planet editor Perry White. Production is being "godfathered" by Christopher Nolan, who has just completed his own highly successful series of Batman films with this year's The Dark Knight Rises.

Despite hinting that Superman, and Cavill, might be back in Justice League, Snyder said the film-makers were not yet thinking about further solo outings for the character. "We approach the film as a single endeavour," he said. "There are a lot of gears that have to turn in the world of commerce and the world of the mythology we create to facilitate more adventures for this character. We'll see what happens."

Not a whole lot of info, but im still stoked for MoS and anxious to see how Justice League will start gaining momentum.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/nov/26/man-of-steel-justice-league-movie/
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Who will play Batman I wonder
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Rumors are Joseph Gordon Levitt tbh.

When it comes to comic book movies, you can always count on rumors to surface before any official announcements. It's strange that you don't often see casting rumors as often for movies in other genres. There has been some talk lately about Warner Bros.' plans for Superman, Batman and the Justice League.

One question has been whether or not Zack Snyder's Man of Steel will lead into a Justice League movie as Marvel did their movies. Snyder had vaguely addressed this when speaking to the New York Post.

I can't really say anything to that, because that's a big spoiler. I will say, yeah, they trust me to keep them on course.
    It's also been said that whoever plays Batman in the Justice League movie will carry the Bat-franchise on in solo movies as well. The latest rumor suggests that Josephe Gordon-Levitt will be that actor.

Hitfix exclusively reported that according to "sources," Josephe Gordon-Levitt will "absolultely be appearing in Justice League as the new Batman."

Of course, there is no mention of what these sources are but Hitfix isn't a site that simply throws rumors around for the sake of starting rumors.

The speculation continues that Gordon-Levitt could be suiting up before Justice League and make a cameo in Man of Steel. If he is the one to take on the mantle, it would make sense to try to have a connection start in next summer's film. This would also tie the movies into Christopher Nolan's Batman universe.

Justice League is set for release in 2015. Man of Steel will be released on June 14, 2013. You can bet people will be watching Gordon-Levitt to see whether or not he visits the Man of Steel set anytime soon. Then again, if this is true, perhaps he's already filmed something which may have been the source of this news.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/batman-and-justice-league-movie-speculation/145583/

Again just rumors tho.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I think if they let Geoff Johns Write aquaman in the movie universe, he could be hella ? bad ass. Aquaman has dope land skills too. Can't fly but he can power jump. or have lantern carry him lol.

Johns currently writes Aquaman's comic and its one of my fave series'
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cool ? i never read any of these comics but aquaman was the ? on the cartoon
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JGL is 5' 10", he's a little short to be The Batman, unless they totally disregard the fact Diana is a suppose to be a tall ass white girl, there should be a noticeable height difference between Supes, The Batman, and Diana. That's one of the things that bothered me about the X-Men films, they got Storm and Logan's height wrong. Logan was suppose to be about Halle Berry's height and Storm has the height of a super model.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry DC, Marvel got this ? locked at the moment.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JGL would be ? amazing as Batman. He is a fantastic actor, and would body this role. ? really need to get of this nonsense about the actors being the same look as COMIC BOOK heroes. DC lists Batman at 6'2 and 210. How in the world is this dude 210lbs???
    bat-man.jpg

The only thing that matters is how well the actor can fill out the character.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a long ways off. They need a flash, wonder woman and a better GL movie. Then they have to reboot Batman to fit into the comic universe.
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like the way DC is trying to turn things around but I don't agree with JGL as Batman, he'd be better suited in a Robin role. He fits that character perfectly
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    This ? about to smash them Avangers records
  • AK.aPHillYisILL
    AK.aPHillYisILL Members Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Other then Batman, nobody gives a flying ? about that Superman dude... Zack Snyder needs to be more focused on how this "Man of Steel" movie is going to do before he even thinks about a Justice League movie. He better hope this ? don't flop like that last Superman movie of a dud that came out in 05'/06' whatever the ? year it was that movie came out... I remember when Superman was the face of DC... But then Batman pulled a White Ranger on em' and took the lead.
  • rage
    Options
    A JL movie without Aquaman will do average numbers, conversely a JL movie WITH Aquaman would be some SERIOUS numbers.
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    so ? telling me a JLA movie wont outsell a Avanger movie at the boxs office when it comes out
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    lol at no.

If a Batman movie can do close numbers a movie with Bats & Supes will crush no to mention add WW,Flash etc
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so ? telling me a JLA movie wont outsell a Avanger movie at the boxs office when it comes out

Nope because Batman is the only one that is popular now. No one cares about super man on the big screen anymore.

LOL@ Aquaman being popular. Nobody gives a ? about Aquaman.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem is simply the characters for JLA. C'mon, Aquaman? Flash? Wonder Woman and the truth whip? lol @ Martian Manhunter.

The only characters that interest me are Batman and Superman (superman not so much so tho)

It's like Marvel beat DC to the most interesting characters or something.

But I will say what no one else will say...The Avengers movie was horrible. That script was absolutely terrible. But we were just wowed to see the Avengers happen..
  • Still Cool Beans
    Still Cool Beans Members Posts: 462 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »

Nope because Batman is the only one that is popular now. No one cares about super man on the big screen anymore.

LOL@ Aquaman being popular. Nobody gives a ? about Aquaman.

I'm quite certain those sentiments will change when that MOS trailer drops in a couple weeks.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Unless Christopher reeves is about to fly out the grave in a wheel chair wearing a red and blue suit, then no one really checking for supes like that anymore. Superman returns killed any chance for people to move past the 80's movies.

Batman is like an anti hero people love anti heroes.

Movie looks ok from what I seen but supe needs better villains on the screen.

GL would need a redo and flash and ww need movies to introduce the to the public. Disney beat dc to the punch and it may not work out for them
  • rage
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Flash, WW and Aquaman are all getting lead up movies.

http://screencrave.com/2012-06-08/warner-bros-developing-flash-woman-aquaman-films-precede-justice-league/

Last I heard Leo was interested in producing the Aquaman movie.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I dunno if they will have enough time to do the solo movies first. If MoS is part of the JL movie universe, that will be 1/6 done, with no announcements for the other movies yet. Theyd have to do 5 movies for 2014/early 2015. A lot of the movies like this dont even stop filming for like a year and a half. Then they got all the editing to do.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Well then again i guess they could push back JL. Dammit.
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    If-the-cape-fits---Henry--010.jpg

Why Superman look like one of Al Capone's goons.