Sean Taylor 5 years later...

_Menace_
_Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
5 years ago Sean Taylor was killed when some one broke in his house and shot him..

Dude was only 24 years old and was already killin it... He easily could've been a top 10 safety off all time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t5fgtnMwK6s#!

1065111_o.gif

sean-taylor.gif

167078_o.gif

752843_o.gif

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sean had a great short time but chilll out..
  • _Menace_
    Chill out?

bruh check his stats

Just in 2 1/2 seasons.....

Tackles 299
    Interceptions 12
    Forced fumbles 8
    Quarterback sacks 2.0
    Touchdowns 1

2× Pro Bowl (2006, 2007)
    All-Pro (2007)
    Washington Redskins Ring of Fame
    80 Greatest Redskins
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Chill out?

bruh check his stats

• Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    aka Michael Lewis. Skins fans swear Taylor was goat when he died b
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    I can't speak of what he could have done in the NFL had he lived, but he's a Canes legend down here.
  • infamous114
    edited November 2012
    Tyrann Mathieu ‏@TM7_NewEra

Sean Taylor is the most naturally gifted football player I've ever had the privilege to watch #Greatnessgonetoosoon

Jon Beason ‏@jonbeason

R.I.P Sean Taylor.... #thebesttoeverdoit!

Robert Griffin III ‏@RGIII

Never got the chance to meet Sean Taylor, but his legacy is embedded in our franchise. Because of that...We play with him every game.
  • infamous114
    edited November 2012
    Being a Cane is like being fam, it's a brotherhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-prk3cgARA
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still sucks. coulda been great. unfortunately he hadn't matured and his life outside of football caught up with him. but in his defense, he probably wasn't living too much differently that alot of other athletes his age. his legacy should be to show how the safety position should be played and also as a wake up call to younger athletes to leave that street life behind
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    matt- wrote: »
    still sucks. coulda been great. unfortunately he hadn't matured and his life outside of football caught up with him. but in his defense, he probably wasn't living too much differently that alot of other athletes his age. his legacy should be to show how the safety position should be played and also as a wake up call to younger athletes to leave that street life behind

i thought he got killed by some kids who wanted to rob him. is there more to the story??
  • infamous114
    edited November 2012

i thought he got killed by some kids who wanted to rob him. is there more to the story??

That is exactly what happened...idk what Matt's talking about. They planned on burglarizing the house thinking he wasn't home.
  • Matt-

yeah it was a robbery turned murder by some teenage thugs. some of the details of it are still unknown
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP, i was a fan of dude.

i remember on draft day, the talkin heads on tv were so surprised Joe Gibbs selected him over Kellen Winslow Jr.
  • Matt-
    from what i remember there was some events that happened at that house before the murder that may or may not have been related. but you'd be a fool to believe that he didn't have his fair share of enemies due to his lifestyle. they said he had turned it around, but who knows. nobody will ever know. thats why i said it should be a wake up call for athletes that they shouldn't wait on something to happen in their life, i.e. a child, a marriage, reaching a certain age before making a change.
  • _Menace_
    from what i remember there was some events that happened at that house before the murder that may or may not have been related. but you'd be a fool to believe that he didn't have his fair share of enemies due to his lifestyle. they said he had turned it around, but who knows. nobody will ever know. thats why i said it should be a wake up call for athletes that they shouldn't wait on something to happen in their life, i.e. a child, a marriage, reaching a certain age before making a change.

the 4 that where suspects where ? young....the oldest was about 22-23 i think...
  • Matt-
    edited November 2012
    and even if the burglary was just totally random and was totally separate from his past transgressions, the ? he was caught up in should still be a wake up call. you have to look at his life in its totality. In doing so, younger players can realize that a lesson about how to conduct your life as a young man in the NFL is as important as how you play your position on the field
  • infamous114
    And they still haven't gone to trial....
  • _Menace_
    Chill out?

bruh check his stats

didnt say he was the goat or top 10...

I'm saying just by his stats in 2 1/2 seasons imagine if he kept playing like that?

he couldve been top 10
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator

nahhhh ... i mean i guess i can google and try to look back on some ? i may have forgotten about him. but his death had nothing to do with his lifestyle besides him having money. you saying it like it was a drug deal gone bad. and they caught the kids who did it so why wouldnt the kids say that they were doing dirt with him and decided to rob him etc?? i mean the first thing ppl do when they get caught in situations like this is make sure they point out that the victim wasnt with out sin.
  • Matt-
    http://youtu.be/480upwOT8wg

• infamous114
    edited November 2012
    He killed it at Gulliver Prep...I'll always remember that UM-FSU game in the rain in Tallahassee. Interceptions, recovering fumbles, stuffing the run. Dude was EVERYWHERE.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad waste of talent. Strange too. Didn't he die from a gun shot to the leg?

Even the Knee Collector don't approve of that fuckery.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He'd be the James Harrison of defensive backs.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012

I believe some folks had stolen some atv's from his house. he then was arrested going after them dudes. I thiink he had a gun on him. but it was unrelated.

the folks that robbed him had visited the house a few weeks before but he didn't even know the dudes. He just let them in b/c they was with some other dude he knew. That's when they thought of the plan to rob him b/c they found out he didn't even have any alarm or they weren't working. then they broke in when they thought he wasn't home. He heard some ? grabbed his machete to check it out and them dudes shot him.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man lost his life for nothing, all because some ? was too lazy to work for what he got. Life ain't fair, RIP!
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaRon Landy had a couple good years. Eric Berry had a phenomenal rookie year. Bob Sanders was the man for a year or two.

Look how those Safety's have turned out so far.

Even Troy Polamalu to an extent has had a shortened career. And Ed Reed seems like a part-time player these days.

The truth is, Safeties get injured more than any other position. Who knows what Sean Taylor wouldve become.