How is it possible for people to be so religious and yet know so little about human history

Options

Comments

• BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sour wrote: »
    My simple mind is obviously befuddled by this statement so I'm gonna take this is an insult and tell you to watch your mouth or I'm gonna knock you the ? out b.
    (:|
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    > receive Christianity from Europeans

> claim atheism is the white man's "ideology"
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this a christianity or religion bashing thread?
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
  • BoldChild
    edited November 2012
    Options

neither.

It's a 'people who don't know certain bits of history' bash thread.

Like the people who think atheism is a white mans thing.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Yogis don't feel their beliefs are being bashed when things are brought into question *shrugs*
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Must be the lack of attachment.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why?

It would be foolish not to. How else are you gonna debate your faith when someone contests it?

Cause I don't care about human logic to study ? 's reasoning bruh. In my eyes, he a real ? that sees beyond ? I can know on my own.

Ain't that the same ? Satan told Adam, eat a fruit, learn that ? on your own b.

True, but to understand the true spiritual essence of the faith you walk have to study it at all aspects whether the people involved in it put a positive effect or a negative effect on it.

The Most High gave us a brain as well + faith we have in him to use it.

• BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    Thread sucks
    So do you, but we ain't pointing it out....wait...nm
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

neither.

It is. Strictly Greco-Roman/Euro.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    All i am asking is how can you believe in something without fully researching the ? . Are people that ignorant or lazy?

1 aint religious so i cant help you there, 2nd go search for yourself if you aint searched for the answer you asked you aint going to get your answer........

• waterproof
    Options
    .IRS. wrote: »
    HAHAHAHA!

If believers did extensive research about the bible, the ability to uphold its veracity becomes increasingly difficult.

i call your ? , i researched for years done some soul searching and everything pan out...........
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    why?

It would be foolish not to. How else are you gonna debate your faith when someone contests it?

Cause I don't care about human logic to study ? 's reasoning bruh. In my eyes, he a real ? that sees beyond ? I can know on my own.

True, but to understand the true spiritual essence of the faith you walk have to study it at all aspects whether the people involved in it put a positive effect or a negative effect on it.

No sign bruh, If he's the great "I AM" or the vine and I'm the fruit, I find it pointless in branching out on my ? to seek further explanation b.

? 's deeper than me.

• BoldChild
    edited November 2012
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

neither.

It is. Strictly Greco-Roman/Euro.

A very small amount of philosophers in ancient Greek society entertained the concept of atheism, but they weren't atheist, they were primarily a polytheistic society.

Atheism was never accepted in ancient Rome, they were always largely religious, at first they were mainly polytheistic, and as they incorporated more civilizations in their culture, they begin to accept and tolerate other religious beliefs before eventually becoming primarily Christian. If anything, The Roman empire is partly responsible for Christianity being as big as it is now.

^ What I remember from history of religion classes. Took them so long ago.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    i call your ? , i researched for years done some soul searching and everything pan out...........
    Have fun with that.
  • waterproof
    Options
    .IRS. wrote: »
    waterproof wrote: »
    Have fun with that.

i already did, enjoyed every moment of it...wouldnt trade that experience in the world
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options
    why?

No sign bruh, If he's the great "I AM" or the vine and I'm the fruit, I find it pointless in branching out on my ? to seek further explanation b.

? 's deeper than me.

I agree with everything you said, but you're still missing my point.

When a non believer/atheist comes with the usual excuse to why they don't believe and tries to throw their "facts" about what they supposedly don't believe in you'll have the ammo to nullify and debunk that ? .

Prime example: Atheism is not a White man thing, when historically it originated with Greco-Roman philosophy and science and emerged in the European Enlightenment era.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do ? really believe that we have different languages because of incident involving a ladder?
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Do ? really believe that we have different languages because of incident involving a ladder?

But I had your moms speaking in tongues the other night. I got snap shots of her ? on your pink camera.

• Disciplined InSight
    Options

Do ? really believe in Charles Darwin?
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    why?

? 's deeper than me.

I agree with everything you said, but you're still missing my point.

When a non believer/atheist comes with the usual excuse to why they don't believe and tries to throw their "facts" about what they supposedly don't believe in you'll have the ammo to nullify and debunk that ? .

Prime example: Atheism is not a White man thing, when historically it originated with Greco-Roman philosophy and science and emerged in the European Enlightenment era.

Na, everyone is an idiot but them and I don't wanna be the dog chasing it's tail.

Faith to walk forward >> Self knowledge into confusion
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do ? really believe in Charles Darwin?
    Dodging the question.
  • BoldChild
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Atheism has been around as long has humans have been around, it may have not been called atheism, but it has always been around, as long as there was someone who did not believe in any ? (s).

In fact, here is an Atheistic tribe from the Amazon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirahã_people

the Pirahã have no concept of a supreme spirit or ? [11] and they lost interest in Jesus when they discovered that Everett had never seen him. They require evidence based on personal experience for every claim made. [5] However, they do believe in spirits that can sometimes take on the shape of things in the environment. These spirits can be jaguars, trees, or other visible, tangible things including people.[12] Everett reported one incident where the Pirahã said that “Xigagaí, one of the beings that lives above the clouds, was standing on a beach yelling at us, telling us that he would ? us if we go into the jungle.” Everett and his daughter could see nothing and yet the Pirahã insisted that Xigagaí was still on the beach.[13]

Yes, they are still atheist despite the bolded.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still don't feel bad about being a Christian.