THE CERTIFIED,WHERE BROOKLYN AT?: 2012-2013 BROOOOOOOKLLLYN NETS THREAD. IS BROOKLYN IN THE HOUSE?!

Options

Comments

• ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    those two teams are as tough as it gets its put up or shut up time for Deron he got to be that dude if they expect to get past those teams but we'll see where they're at like ya said
  • 2 Drawlz
    2 Drawlz Members Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? Joe, it must be January ? be stepping his game up every Janaury tryna make that all star bid.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was the nets team I was hoping would show up the whole season. Still don't understand the 3rd quarter slump
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont understand that 3rd quarter ? either. Its really disturbing. If you count every game they blew a 3rd quarter lead and ended up losing thats about 10 games. Their 17-15, right now, do the math.
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even with that 3rd quarter slump, I was impressed with how they reacted in the 4th quarter. Normally, when they start slumping it continues throughout the whole game. Success all starts with DWill. We need him to consistently bring a positive, up-tempo energy and be the floor general that he can be. JJ needs to be our go-to scorer with Brook Lopez taking some of that load off of him. & the box score shows thats exactly what happened last night. Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries just need to play with that blue-collar "go get it" mentality and fill in the blanks. I still think we have a chance for a decent play-off run.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    I'm starting to think PJ has figured this ? out lol and thats unfortunate for Avery, cause Avery BEEN should have known the blueprint for our success. What PJ has done has made JJ the #1 scoring option and you see how the offense runs through him now. Brook is the 2nd option that takes the load off JJ. D-Will quarter backs those ? with pick and rolls and iso-break downs and he hits them for the assists. Which ends up opening up better floor spacing for him and better shots.

THIS is what they should have been all along. Avery was having Joe & Deron play the "If I get the ball I go ham if you get the ball you go ham" all the while their #1 scoring option was Brook. Idk how that ? even came about and why Avery thought that ? would work. That ? lead to JJ disappearing offensively many times late in games and Deron getting his shots in bad spots. It ONLY benefited Brook.

What PJ is doing creates way better ball movement and has the 3 of them in a fluid offensive rhythm and that has also opened up the floor for the other guys as well. Sucks to be you Avery!
  • 2 Drawlz
    edited January 2013
    Options
    shout out to Joe Jizzle, that's how he should have always been playing. The Nets ain't goin nowhere without Joe Jizzle aggressiveness.

and with that said. y'all ? wily wildin right now. n need 2 keep it 1000 with your selves. we won that game cause of the Refs.
    1st half, we was in command. Courtesy of Joe Johnson n Brook Lopez.. 2nd half, we had a whole lotta help from the refs.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    So the refs cheated for us? The 17-15 nets? Dawg ima just tell you kindly to stop.
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    THIS is what they should have been all along. Avery was having Joe & Deron play the "If I get the ball I go ham if you get the ball you go ham" all the while their #1 scoring option was Brook. Idk how that ? even came about and why Avery thought that ? would work. That ? lead to JJ disappearing offensively many times late in games and Deron getting his shots in bad spots. It ONLY benefited Brook.

Word.. I used to call it the "your turn/my turn" offense. That won't cut it for the supposedly best backcourt in the league. Too many ISO plays and no off-ball movement. You can't expect to win if you don't make the defense rotate.

It's still too early to say that win against the Thunder was any indication of progress.
  • eyes low
    Options

Word.. I used to call it the "your turn/my turn" offense. That won't cut it for the supposedly best backcourt in the league. Too many ISO plays and no off-ball movement. You can't expect to win if you don't make the defense rotate.

It's still too early to say that win against the Thunder was any indication of progress.

It is still too early to tell our next 10 games should show us where the nets are

imagefzod.jpg

The next two games should be wins. The last four should really show us where the nets are especially since 3 of the 4 are away games
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »

It is still too early to tell our next 10 games should show us where the nets are

imagefzod.jpg

The next two games should be wins. The last four should really show us where the nets are especially since 3 of the 4 are away games

yea were still a work in progress the next 2 games should be gimmes got some tough away games @Phila @Hawks @ KNICKS. Hopefully the Nets build some motivation of what thy can do vs OKC. Hopefully they play more like a team like @Sage Wonder said the offense was so stagnant too many iso's the Blatche iso was driving me crazy it was the same thing give Andray, DWill or JJ the ball and let them go to work while everybody was standing around.
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    After the timberwolves, we face the grizzlies and then the heat. Pretty much the end of January is going to be a test of character for this team. Let's hope they can get their swagger back by then.

#BROOOKLYYYNN!
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Smh at allowing 55 points in the 1st half to the WASHINGTON WIZARDS
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    That game was too close against a weak wizards team, gives some concerns. But then again, this was the wizards that beat the heat not too long ago. Any team can get an upset win on a good night, can't look at static records and expect an automatic win. The league is not that black and white. A convincing win against the thunder followed by a sketchy win against wizards... Still too early to tell.

What I do get from this game, however, is that even though they put themselves in bad situations early, they held their heads and got it done. 10 point deficit after 1st quarter, they gradually and consistently make up for it each quarter after. A quick 6 point deficit in 1st OT, they made up for it. The nets with Avery Johnson would have their heads down, droop their shoulders and give up on the game.

Also, I was happy to see they are picking up the pace on offense. That last possession in the 4th quarter was excellent. Use JJ to bait the double team, swing the ball out to the weak side, ball movement to make the defense work and get a high percentage shot. At the end of the season, nobody cares about point differential, as long as you got the W. We'll take this one.
  • 2 Drawlz
    Options
    Shout out Brook Lopez ,that ? has been our best player hands down
    , ISO Joe with only 14 attempts, in TWO overtimes. smh
    He needs to be more agressive.
    Great in the clutch tho.
    So the refs cheated for us? The 17-15 nets? Dawg ima just tell you kindly to stop.

What does being 17-15, now 18-15. have anything 2 do with the refs helping us in the 4th of THAT game?

Word.. I used to call it the "your turn/my turn" offense. That won't cut it for the supposedly best backcourt in the league. Too many ISO plays and no off-ball movement. You can't expect to win if you the defense rotate.

imagefzod.jpg

yea were still a work in progress the next 2 games should be gimmes

? are sleeping on the Kings.
    They're @ the final stage of an up coming team. Great @ home ,bad on the road.
    They've been good the last 2 weeks , Kings ain't gonna be no walk thru.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Lol clearly my question went over your head.
  • Sage Wonder
    Options
    2 Drawlz wrote: »
    Shout out Brook Lopez ,that ? has been our best player hands down
    , ISO Joe with only 14 attempts, in TWO overtimes. smh
    He needs to be more agressive.
    Great in the clutch tho.

What does being 17-15, now 18-15. have anything 2 do with the refs helping us in the 4th of THAT game?

Word.. I used to call it the "your turn/my turn" offense. That won't cut it for the supposedly best backcourt in the league. Too many ISO plays and no off-ball movement. You can't expect to win if you the defense rotate.

imagefzod.jpg

yea were still a work in progress the next 2 games should be gimmes

? are sleeping on the Kings.
    They're @ the final stage of an up coming team. Great @ home ,bad on the road.
    They've been good the last 2 weeks , Kings ain't gonna be no walk thru.

Did you watch the game? Joe Johnson was double teamed mostly. Don't be a box score observer & come here saying irrelevant ? .
  • 2 Drawlz
    Options
    So are all the other guys , getting 100 mill.
    He also was doubled in the OKC game ,where he had 20 1st half points.!!!!!!!

The difference is , aggression ? . Prior to the game winning shot , he didn't have an attempt in 16 minutes. So miss me with that

The Nets got him cause they wanted another playmaker and a Guy who can take over games . 14 attempts in a 2 overtime game is not getting it done. Again miss me with that.
  • eyes low
    Options

The difference is , aggression ? . Prior to the game winning shot , he didn't have an attempt in 16 minutes. So miss me with that

The Nets got him cause they wanted another playmaker and a Guy who can take over games . 14 attempts in a 2 overtime game is not getting it done. Again miss me with that.

This isn't Atlanta we don't need him to score 20 every night if its not in the flow of the offense.
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    Options
    Beal and the Wiz almost stole one Johnson coming thru in the clutch Lopez is getting better by the game The Nets are playing more poised the Wiz played a great game even though the gave the game away Bradley Beal is gonna be tough once he gets it
  • eyes low
    Options
    I'm glad mirza got some meaningful minutes. He can be a key part of this team because of his shooting
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Mirza is trash IMO, this is the dude we gave all that money to and passed on JKidd for?
  • 2 Drawlz
    edited January 2013
    Options
    LMAOOOOO my ? Brooks
    i know Avery Johnson watching at home Salty as ? .
    #FrontingOnTheYouthAssNigga

This isn't Atlanta we don't need him to score 20 every night if its not in the flow of the offense.

wrd 2 those 3rd quarter droughts*
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Mirza is trash IMO, this is the dude we gave all that money to and passed on JKidd for?

I take this all the way the ? back lol
  • Sage Wonder
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Mirza is not trash, he just had a rough start. He was an overseas baller and supposedly one of the leading scorers over there, but 3pt line is a little further in the NBA so I think that plus some nerves had him on a rough start. He can be instant offense just as much as Marshon Brooks can.

I'm glad PJ is giving these young men some decent play time to develop. Marshon and Mirza might make a big difference off the bench come play off time.