So yall just gonna ignore the fact Rondo missed history becuz he wanted to keep it real

2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://clnsradio.com/2012/11/28/rajon-rondo-assist-streak-ends-at-37-games-after-ejection/

Rajon Rondo’s streak of games with 10 assists or more has ended at 37 after a fight with Brooklyn Nets power forward Kris Humphries resulted in his ejection just before halftime of Wednesday’s matchup between the Atlantic Division rivals at TD Garden. The 37 game streak will officially go into the record books tied with John Stockton as the second longest in league history, just nine games short of Magic Johnson’s 46 game streak.

The scuffle between Rondo and Humphries broke out at the end of a physically contentious first half in which the Nets shot 17 free throws to the Celtics’ two. A hard foul by Humphries on Kevin Garnett led Rondo, who was visibly upset after a non-call minutes earlier in which Humphries pushed him to the floor after blocking a layup attempt, to shove Humphries three rows deep into the floor seats behind the Celtics’ basket. A full blown scrum ensued involving players from both teams as well as Celtics coach Doc Rivers, who jumped into the chaos to keep players separated. The scuffle resulted in the ejection of Rajon Rondo as well as the Nets’ Kris Humphries and Gerald Wallace. Kevin Garnett also received a technical foul for his involvement in the altercation.

League officials will most certainly review footage of the altercation. Given Rajon Rondo’s history further disciplinary action could likely be handed out later this week. As always CLNS Radio will provide updates as more details emerge.

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    fukk that dumb ? ....missing history because you cant control yourself.

this is when keeping it real goes wrong...

but i am sure he will find a reason to say it didn't matter.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody ignored it cause it was talked about all last night
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He still will break it this season..all he did was step up for his teammate that he thought got a hard foul
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    He still will break it this season..all he did was step up for his teammate that he thought got a hard foul
    Humphries barely touched KG. Come on now, Chris ? Humphries aint trying to get aggressive with anybody.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did kg ice grill him?

Somebody drop that gif
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Humphries barely touched KG. Come on now, Chris ? Humphries aint trying to get aggressive with anybody.

Everybody bashed rondo because Allen left for Miami, they blamed rondo for being a bad teammate and now they bashing him for doing the opposite sticking up for his teammate that he thought was done wrong.

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't think it was really keeping it real. i doubt he was thinking, "? this record, imma stand up for my teammates" i just think he lost his damn mind and reacted without thinking at all
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    If you watched the game you would know Rondo was pushed by Humphries to the floor the previous play he let emotions get he best of him....shout out to Doc Rivers for calling out his squad though.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rondo been doing ? like this for a while though i remember he pushed Artest
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol @ throwing a streak away over kris humphries...

Thats like lebron throwing a streak away over darius morris
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH @ KG ? is always on some Court Thuggin' ? but you get fouled and the smallest cat on the floor and simp of the yr Kris with a K and the K stands for Kardashian go harder than you

What was the tech for being black in a non-black zone?

? KG...I hate KG like USMarine hates Kobe
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He can start a new streak. He's young. Plenty of opportunities. He lost his temper, don't know why you ? actin like it's the end of the world.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    He can start a new streak. He's young. Plenty of opportunities. He lost his temper, don't know why you ? actin like it's the end of the world.

see this is the type of thinking that dont get people anywhere

think about it....if he gets hurt this season then what? What if causes him to be forced into retirement?

why not be professional at all times and not have to worry about it.

no one is guaranteed anything in the league. you cant be loyal to teammeates an fukk up a shot at history becuz those same teammates may be on the opposing side next week and you blew history for a ? who now is pushing you to the floor with a hard foul.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7ft Kevin Garnett needs a 6'2 gaurd to stick up for him against Kris Humphries. Foh, I woulda knocked his little ass out if I was on the Nets. I ? wit Rondo goin back to his days at UK but he does a lotta ? ? out on that court sometimes.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is that the foul didnt warrant that overreaction from Rondo. The Nets were thumping the C's and Rondo tried to get tough. The biggest ? is of course KG, dude is such a fake tough guy. Soon as he found out that it was Wallace that he was squaring up with he went back to the brawl.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rondo been always keeping it real...i remember him sayi.g he doesnt give a ? about the olympic team b/c be wants to rest
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    rage wrote: »
    The problem is that the foul didnt warrant that overreaction from Rondo. The Nets were thumping the C's and Rondo tried to get tough. The biggest ? is of course KG, dude is such a fake tough guy. Soon as he found out that it was Wallace that he was squaring up with he went back to the brawl.

Lol...after he shoved the ? out of wallace and wallace didnt do nothing back?

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of posters said in the official NBA thread that they were disappointed in Rondo and that the overration was unnecessary . He's hurting his team with his actions. Here's was the write up on nba.com about the situation

There’s a reason why many NBA executives hesitate when they’re asked if Rajon Rondo is the point guard they’d trust holding their franchise in his hands.
    It’s not about his ability to slash, drive and get to the rim to finish. It’s not about those quick hands that can disrupt plays. It’s not even about his streaky jump shot.
    It’s all about Rondo’s personality, his composure.
    Everybody wants their front line players to battle and scrap. But no one needs them crossing a line and picking fights that could be costly in the standings.
    Rondo already missed the second half of Wednesday’s loss to the Nets and now with the struggling Celtics a game over .500 (8-7), he’ll miss the next two games after getting suspended by the league for fighting with Brooklyn’s Kris Humphries.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/11/29/rondo-gets-two-game-suspension/
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Dont know what sports yall play but if you disrespect, you get checked...even in baseball, you show someone up, you get a fastball high and tight. These teams play in the same division and its only one game out of 82..people were writting off the Cs last year . Rondo had to send a message, they were getting beat up on.
  • blu197
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    bigrizz wrote: »
    Dont know what sports yall play but if you disrespect, you get checked...even in baseball, you show someone up, you get a fastball high and tight. These teams play in the same division and its only one game out of 82..people were writting off the Cs last year . Rondo had to send a message, they were getting beat up on.

Your best player doesn't do that ? , get one of the dudes at the end of the bench to do it now they gon lose 2 games . and be under .500 and still be 4th in their division and no one thinks the C's are tougher after this including their coach .
  • 2stepz_ahead
    you show your toughness by kicking their ass on the court with your skill not with violence that will remove you from the court.
    I dont hes all that good anyway
  • blu197