WAS MARK CUBAN letting go of Steve Nash The Worst move by a franchise in the last 10+ years?

Options
P swayze166
P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
cuban let nash walk thinking he was done, nash goes on to not only win 2 mvp's but re define the modern era of basketball (along with d'antoni etc)

how many championships could the mavs have won if they kept him?

share any other moves you think were detrimental to a franchise that in hindsight crippled an organization's ability to win

bulls of the late 90's is obv the worst maybe of all time, by not bringing it all back so no need to bring that up.

But most of all, I'll never forget the phone call in the summer of 2004, urging me to get down to the arena for a sneak preview. Nash had rejoined the Suns, and the first few workouts were prompting jaws to hit the floor.

"You better check this out," then-General Manager Bryan Colangelo said at the time. "What we have is pretty pure."

I was jaded and skeptical. The Suns were coming off a 29-win season. But soon, they were blowing opponents off the court, on their way to a 62-win season and Nash's first MVP trophy.

Colangelo was right, even though nothing pure ever lasts in professional sports.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2012/07/10/20120710look-back-steve-nash-time-phoenix-suns.html#ixzz2DZxCXiEt