Bullied 14 year old Utah junior high school student commits dat in front of classmates

Options

Comments

• b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good for those kids that witnessed it

they need to know what it looks and feels like to watch somethin like that live and in person and totally unexpected

i been thru way worse...

get acquainted children
  • elementalP
    elementalP Members Posts: 202
    Options
    "Verbal abuse"? Back in the day we craccked on each other religiously and when that didn't work we went with the hands. End oof story.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So cats really offing themselves for being punked? Where is the tough, keep pushing resolve? Thank you, youtube and society.

"You know dead rappers get better promotion"
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    it's actually not all that weak if you think about it. dude scarred them kids for life.

we used to tease this ? the school bus relentlessly back in middle school and i still think back to it from time to time and wish i could go back and not be just a follower and as far as i know she got over it and moved on and had a good life.

if she had blown her own brains out one day in front of all of us i'd be damaged goods.

Yep. I was a bit of an a@@hole in elementary but by high school I wasnt on that.I regret it. But i was never that bad. Part of growin up. This kid did what he did. We dont know what was goin on in his mind and judgin and insultin him aint very mature. I guess growin up didnt effect everybody like it did me.Or maybe some aint quite grown yet. Sometimes its just a messed up situation. To me the answer is to reduce the bullying not "f@ck that kid!" Just my opinion.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    these ? need to learn how to ? jokes back or learn a good type of fighting style and ? these bullies up, most them bullies is ? when u fight back, them no parent having foster home ass ?
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh. Parents of the IC, PLEASE teach your child better than his parents taught him.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options
    I agree with everything you said except the last part @ShiveDreadz. But yea, american citizens are softer than Charmin
  • b@squ1@t redux
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    But yea, american citizens are softer than Charmin

laughable over-generalization

? around get bodied with that thought process

• Dr.Chemix
    Options

Hysterical close minded assumptions. I dont ? around...I know how to move where the lions feast.

And compared to other countries, yea, Americans are softer than charmin.
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What ever happened to shooting the people that bullied you? When I was kid dudes in the hood was bullying this kid I knew. He shot up the house party they were at killing 2 of them and paralyzing the other for life. He didn't go to jail cause no one ratted, but no one bullied him ever again.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What ever happened to shooting the people that bullied you? When I was kid dudes in the hood was bullying this kid I knew. He shot up the house party they were at killing 2 of them and paralyzing the other for life. He didn't go to jail cause no one ratted, but no one bullied him ever again.

Word. Another case of 'no snitching' keeping psychopaths on the streets

We wouldn't have to be so protective of our daughters if we did a better job raising our sons
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think they need to stop publicizing this suicide ? . I fail to see how mass awareness of these kids knocking themselves off is actually helping, imo it seems to be increasing, maybe the awareness is in fact making the reality worse; "look their only escape was death, might as well commit that too"
  • ayyubam2002
    ayyubam2002 Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »

Word. Another case of 'no snitching' keeping psychopaths on the streets

We wouldn't have to be so protective of our daughters if we did a better job raising our sons

Actually dude is not a psychopath, he works for Exxon to this day. He's a good dude with a family.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    most of these suicides are from soft ass lil white kids
  • b@squ1@t redux
    Options

Hysterical close minded assumptions. I dont ? around...I know how to move where the lions feast.

And compared to other countries, yea, Americans are softer than charmin.

where you from internet tough guy?
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And people say we arent living in a matriarchal society.

Back in the day you went home and told your parents bout beinf bullied, they told you stop being a ? and gave you a whippin for whining. But that parepared you for how harsh the real world is.

Now, everyone getting cuddled and counselled, all some fantasy novel ? . But reality going to get yo ass sooner or later.

Might be a good thing he killed himself now, who knows he might have been the next columbine or movie theatre shooter. That is what coddled victims grow up to be.

This is true. My grandma was telling me how to defend myself against these two boys who stayed bullying me in 4th grade. Everything from tell the teacher to kicking them in the nuts to picking up the closest object to me and hitting them with it lol. It sucked, it hurt my feelings but suicide never once crossed my mind ever. Now its just a distant memory. School is such a small fraction of your life which is what these kids fail to realize.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I'd hate if any of ya'll worked with kids....they'd be even more ? up than they are now...ya'll keep thinking you can raise your kids like the world is the way it was when alot of us were growing up...they going to be right there killing themselves too for not being prepared for the world as it is not as ya'll want to try and remember it as
  • lighthearted26
    Options
    I get what you saying, the whole internet phenomenon but I feel like a few kids commit suicide so its an acceptable reaction now. "well that kid in Baltimore offed himself and that other girl in missisdippi offed herself so I'm gonna do it too" because of these bullies and twitter and ? . How do you go from being bullied straight to suicide? What about all the steps in between like say, switching schools or home schooling. Is that any more drastic than hanging yourself in your bedroom?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I get what you saying, the whole internet phenomenon but I feel like a few kids commit suicide so its an acceptable reaction now. "well that kid in Baltimore offed himself and that other girl in missisdippi offed herself so I'm gonna do it too" because of these bullies and twitter and ? . How do you go from being bullied straight to suicide? What about all the steps in between like say, switching schools or home schooling. Is that any more drastic than hanging yourself in your bedroom?

I'm not even talking about solely the influence of the internet on bullying, though that ? is very understated even though even on the IC we see how the internet can affect your life offline by people you've never even met before so I don't understand how so many on this site specifically say the internet has no link. Switching schools won't work unless you talking about changing your whole identity. These hacking ass kids out here today will follow you from school to school. Hell think about how fast these stories spread now. 15, 20 years ago this ? wouldn't be national news, but it is because of the internet.

What I also think is this...I'm a firm believer that there's a ? load of folks walking around with mental issues that haven't been diagnosed. I'm not even talking about for the purpose of putting them on medication, but folks got to realize everybody's brain isn't wired the same. It's some real nutty ass people walking around out there, those with little to no emotions and those with very little control over their emotions.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont know whats making these kids so soft...but they need some parents that will get in thier ear about standing up for urself (like mine did)...then they need to put the remote, chip and the xbox down and actually go outside and play ball...to get thier confidence up then maybe some one can show these lil ? a robocop, rocky or a jean claude van damme flick (that ? used to get me pumped as a kid)....ion give a damn them 80s action heroes showed me how to stand up for urself
  • lighthearted26
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

I'm not even talking about solely the influence of the internet on bullying, though that ? is very understated even though even on the IC we see how the internet can affect your life offline by people you've never even met before so I don't understand how so many on this site specifically say the internet has no link. Switching schools won't work unless you talking about changing your whole identity. These hacking ass kids out here today will follow you from school to school. Hell think about how fast these stories spread now. 15, 20 years ago this ? wouldn't be national news, but it is because of the internet.

What I also think is this...I'm a firm believer that there's a ? load of folks walking around with mental issues that haven't been diagnosed. I'm not even talking about for the purpose of putting them on medication, but folks got to realize everybody's brain isn't wired the same. It's some real nutty ass people walking around out there, those with little to no emotions and those with very little control over their emotions.

I can agree with the bolded