Capcom Announces Street Fighter x Mega Man. Yes, Seriously. And It’s Free.

Options
2»

Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hopefully this reaches the vita
  • RespectedGENlUS
    RespectedGENlUS Members Posts: 53
    Options
    I knew they didn't care about Megaman when they put the fat one in SF X Tekken.
  • s_a_m_r_i_o
    s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sick of this 8 bit Megaman ? . They need to come out with a new game look similar to MegaMan X8 or better.
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll take 16-32 bit Megaman over 8bit or 3D megamab any day. not sure why evrryone like 8bit so much
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man

Today marks Mega Man's 25th anniversary and to celebrate that, Capcom has just released Street Fighter X Mega Man, a fan made free PC game.

Mega Man will face 8 new bosses each of which are characters from the Street Fighter series such as Ryu, Rose, Blanka, Dhalsim and more. Upon defeating bosses, Mega Man will receive powers that pertain to each Street Fighter character. Some of the examples shown are Ryu's Hadouken and even Urien's Aegis Reflector.

Having fought countless robot masters over the years, Mega Man is ready to lay back, relax and enjoy his 25th Anniversary. Getting wind of this, Ryu and his fellow Street Fighters want one last battle before they let their own anniversary finish. Charge up your mega busters and stretch out your lightning legs, this is Street Fighter® X Mega Man®!

A true collaboration between Capcom and its fans for Mega Man's and Street Fighter's 25th Anniversary, Street Fighter® x Mega Man® was created and developed by Singapore native Seow Zong Hui (aka "Sonic"), with an original soundtrack by Luke Esquivel (aka "A_Rival") and with support provided by Capcom. Street Fighter® X Mega Man® stars the Blue Bomber as he goes toe-to-toe with some of Street Fighter's most beloved characters complete with their own individual themed stages and boss battles. Jump, shoot, and use your special new Street Fighter abilities to defeat your foes and become the world's strongest robot!

You can go download the game now over on Capcom-Unity. Tips sent in by YoraiDragon and an anonymous reader.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    Would been a whole lot better if they used mega man x graphics.....those are still the best looking Megan man games
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Today marks Mega Man's 25th anniversary and to celebrate that, Capcom has just released Street Fighter X Mega Man, a fan made free PC game.

Mega Man will face 8 new bosses each of which are characters from the Street Fighter series such as Ryu, Rose, Blanka, Dhalsim and more. Upon defeating bosses, Mega Man will receive powers that pertain to each Street Fighter character. Some of the examples shown are Ryu's Hadouken and even Urien's Aegis Reflector.

Having fought countless robot masters over the years, Mega Man is ready to lay back, relax and enjoy his 25th Anniversary. Getting wind of this, Ryu and his fellow Street Fighters want one last battle before they let their own anniversary finish. Charge up your mega busters and stretch out your lightning legs, this is Street Fighter® X Mega Man®!

A true collaboration between Capcom and its fans for Mega Man's and Street Fighter's 25th Anniversary, Street Fighter® x Mega Man® was created and developed by Singapore native Seow Zong Hui (aka "Sonic"), with an original soundtrack by Luke Esquivel (aka "A_Rival") and with support provided by Capcom. Street Fighter® X Mega Man® stars the Blue Bomber as he goes toe-to-toe with some of Street Fighter's most beloved characters complete with their own individual themed stages and boss battles. Jump, shoot, and use your special new Street Fighter abilities to defeat your foes and become the world's strongest robot!

You can go download the game now over on Capcom-Unity. Tips sent in by YoraiDragon and an anonymous reader.

the link is here its only like 33 megabyte anybody playing yet?
  • cassette
    cassette Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Options
    Haven't played it much, but it's tough as ? . Only been able to beat the Chun Li stage. I got to Blanka on his stage, but couldn't beat him.

I suck at platformers, though.
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    cassette wrote: »
    Haven't played it much, but it's tough as ? . Only been able to beat the Chun Li stage. I got to Blanka on his stage, but couldn't beat him.

I suck at platformers, though.

What r u playing it on?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to play it but I don't have a controller for my computer. Hopefully they put it on PSN.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lol yall know you can plug your ps3 controller into your usb and use it right?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL, didn't play
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    360 controllers work on pc too
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    lol yall know you can plug your ps3 controller into your usb and use it right?

I never tried. I didn't know if the drivers would install or not. Might have to check this out tonight. lol
  • Bcotton5
    Options

I never tried. I didn't know if the drivers would install or not. Might have to check this out tonight. lol
    [/quote]

Just google it before you plug it in, I think they released the official drivers but there used to be a dif process
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Christmas is finally here, and over the past few days, various game companies have been passing along holiday wishes in the form e-cards. Or, if you're a member of the press, you're lucky to get physical ones mailed to you.

Though Capcom just posted something that's a little different. Yet at the same time, it’s something that's also starting to become the norm from them, somewhat. It's a Christmas card in the form of a YouTube video, featuring Mega Man:

First off, it's yet another sign that Capcom has not completely forgotten their once former mascot. The clip features moments from various games. Specifically their snowy/wintery levels. Though most curious of all is the audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhqyQSbsyTc&feature=player_embedded

As Tiny Cartridge points out, it's from Mega Man Christmas Carol 2, a fan game. Which I guess is another example of Capcom dipping into the well of fandom.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    V2 is out! download here

Street Fighter X Mega Man v2 released - New boss added, M. Bison buffed, improved controller support and more

Brelston on Capcom-Unity, just announced the release of Street Fighter X Mega Man v2. This features a ton of bug fixes and even a new boss to fight.

-Confirmation prompt before exiting (ESC) or resetting (F12) the game

-E Tank glitch and various other bugs fixed

-Improved controller support (Game defaults to keyboard on launch; make sure controller is plugged in prior to opening the file, then go into Options menu and set keys)

-Take screenshots using F9

-M Bison buffed a bit (This place shall become your grave!)

-A new challenger! (Find him yourself!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOgogzz8o5w&feature=player_embedded
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Enter the password below to get four energy tanks and no Bosses defeated to help skip straight to the secret boss

A 5

B 1 3

C 4

D 2 3

E 1 4 5

Footage of the newly added secret boss in Street Fighter X Mega Man and how to encounter him Street Fighter X Mega Man just recently received a v2 patch that featured multiple bug fixes and added a new boss character battle. To avoid spoiling things for some readers, the footage will be placed after the jump in this story.

In order to encounter this new boss, the player must score 4 perfect victories against the bosses in the M. Bison stages. If done successfully, the secret boss will appear before you face M. Bison.

Wr194t has uploaded the battle with this character and recommends using an Energy Tank right before defeating each boss in order to get the perfect.

Hit the jump to check out the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM5NViZawjw&feature=player_embedded