? Marriage or Plural Marriage Which do you Support???

Options
13»

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plural Marriage
    More like the most misunderstood book of all time. That website is loaded with ? .people do not understand the christian ? . He has no problem with killing it's murder he does not like. every death ordered by ? in the O.T WAS A GOOD THING AND HAD A PURPOSE. humans have a small life and a small time on earth so many do not understand ? 's long term planning.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Marriage
    zombie wrote: »
    More like the most misunderstood book of all time. That website is loaded with ? .people do not understand the christian ? . He has no problem with killing it's murder he does not like. every death ordered by ? in the O.T WAS A GOOD THING AND HAD A PURPOSE. humans have a small life and a small time on earth so many do not understand ? 's long term planning.

? is a genocidal sicko maniac in the Old Testament. What kind of all loving ? would ? innocent children? The sick twisted Biblical ? makes Adam Lanza look like Mother Teresa. The website is filled with truth and as a matter of fact shows many verses from the evil book known as the Bible which proves what a mean ? the Bible ? is. People don't want to understand the christian ? because the christian ? is a demon and makes ? look like a good man. You can't prove me wrong because the Bible itself says ? creates and supports evil.

If you worship the biblical ? you are worshipping a demon. Enjoy knowing that fact, I'll enjoy ? on the Bible next time I have a chance.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2012
    Options
    ? Marriage
    Zombie, do you feel beating slaves is a good thing? If so, you are a good Christian, because that is what your ? book advocates. Along with murder, genocide, and slavery itself. You are a devil worshipper bruh.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plural Marriage

? is a genocidal sicko maniac in the Old Testament. What kind of all loving ? would ? innocent children? The sick twisted Biblical ? makes Adam Lanza look like Mother Teresa. The website is filled with truth and as a matter of fact shows many verses from the evil book known as the Bible which proves what a mean ? the Bible ? is. People don't want to understand the christian ? because the christian ? is a demon and makes ? look like a good man. You can't prove me wrong because the Bible itself says ? creates and supports evil.

If you worship the biblical ? you are worshipping a demon. Enjoy knowing that fact, I'll enjoy ? on the Bible next time I have a chance.

? is no genocidal maniac, and no one ever really dies. From a human perspective death is really bad but earthly death is only the removal of the soul from the body, nothing more. ? allowed a certain tribe of people to destroy their enemies for his glory and the greater good of mankind. He used the relationship he had with them as an example, as a very effective way to show the rest of humanity his power,love and anger. ? is not a ? , push him too far and he will slaughter you. The people ? told israel to destroy were followers of cannites religion. They practiced child sacrifice, religious prostitution beastility and various other forms of wickedness. In ancient times what are you supposed to do with the children of the people you just killed ? The website is filled with misunderstood foolishness. ? does not do evil he causes no evil. Evil is not a thing to be made it is a moral jugdment. Now ? made evil by making good but he did and does not cause evil. You can the people who made that foolish website don't understand what the bible is saying. The translation of evil in the bible is really the word "woe". and not evil in the way you are thinking about it.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    ? Marriage
    I will go as far to say that I consider all Christians devil worshippers. Anyone who thinks I am wrong has obviously not studied the Bible long enough.
    one day you might realize that this kind of stuff just undermines an argument.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both
    Plutarch, you are indeed very naïve when it comes to the evil trashy book known as the Bible.

Well, if it’s any constellation, the feeling’s mutual. I honestly think that YOU are the one that is very comically naïve and ignorant.
    I went to Catholic school for 10 years, and while I enjoyed those years, my respect for the Bible went down to the point where I damn near became an atheist. In fact, I would rather someone be an atheist then support a ? religion like Christianity.

Ok, now your whole “I-am-a-raving,-flaming-crazy-person/Christian-hater!” shtick is starting to make sense. You obviously had a bad experience (I don’t want to even know what it was) with religion when you were younger and now you’re bat-? crazy. You need to let go of your hate man or try some therapy.
    In fact, here are some verses I would like you to explain that come directly from the (man made) Bible......

Yes, the Bible is man-made, but the Christian belief in the Holy Spirit (which I don’t expect you to believe or acknowledge) makes quite a difference, but that’s neither her nor there…
    When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

I’m sorry bruh, but I’d like to think that I already explained this verse. If there’s anything else you want me to add or if you would like to address my explanation, then please feel free to do so. Sorry, I just don’t feel like repeating myself. I think that’s fair right?
    Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

I also already explained this one. Check my response to FuriousOne.
  • Plutarch
    Options
    Both
    Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of ? and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

This is yet another set of verses that’s very easy to misconstrue, especially if the person reading it is incredibly naïve, ignorant, and hateful (*cou-“kingblaze”-ugh*). But the message is relatively clear (and not pro-slavery per se!) when you consider the perspective of a Christian, and this perspective is NOT conventional or “worldly”. Okay, against my better judgment, I’m going to try to explain these verses even though I already know that you are kind of crazy and that you have your mind already made-up and won’t even change it for the world.

These verses have VERY LITTLE to do with slavery and VERY MUCH to do with spirituality (another Christian perspective that isn’t so easy to understand). I’m assuming that you make such a big deal about slavery in these verses because of your reasonable disgust at the evils of African-American slavery (which once again I would like to say is VERY different from the slavery that existed during the Biblical times) and because you are a WORDLY person. The mentioning of slavery is largely irrelevant and could easily have been replaced with any other kind of worldly evil such as torture or war. And similar verses that deal with other evils are everywhere in the Bible, so slavery is not special. You’re just making it special.

What IS special is the heart of the New Testament’s philosophy, and that is LOVE(/respect). The New Testament doesn’t just tell you to love for your friends. It tells you to love your enemies as well. Like it says – there is “no excuse for being disrespectful.” Whether your enemy is a slave master or sports rival, the New Testament encourages you to love him/her. Now this is obviously unconventional because it’s so easy to hate. That’s human nature. This is one of the reasons why I respect MLK and Gandhi (not as much as MLK though) so much. They essentially conquered a lot of their enemies with love.

Following Christ demands you to make sacrifices. That’s why good Christians are supposed to suffer in many ways. And in this way, I think that makes them incredibly strong and faithful. Like zombie said/implied, your soul, salvation, and faith are much much more important than your worldly values. Death and suffering (whether in slavery, persecution, etc) are things that are far less feared for the good Christian.

Jesus Christ is no Nat Turner or no Frederick Douglass, so no one should expect him to be so. He isn’t limited to specific, worldly evils like slavery. He was more concerned with the heart of all worldly evils (such as hatred, vanity and oppression) and so thus indirectly attacked all evils including slavery. It’s funny how you (in your short-sightedness and bitterness) nitpick the Bible but completely ignore the whole scope and context of things. There are plenty of verses that condemn the evils of slavery.

Also, you ignore the history of the Bible (Timothy, Paul, and others sometimes wrote their letters and work for a specific audience, time, and cultures, and this important fact should not be overlooked) and the world. Once again I have to reiterate that slavery during the Biblical times was VERY different from African-American chattel slavery. First, slavery existed since about the dawn of mankind. And slavery for a much longer time than not, had very little to do with “race” and hatred. It was a fact of life that WE, as human beings, incorporated in OUR culture. So of course, the Bible is going to acknowledge slavery (keep in mind that “acknowledge” is very different from “support”). Second, “slaves” in the Biblical times included a vast majority of different people, including compensated servants, volunteer housekeepers, etc. PLEASE stop equating the slavery of Biblical times with African-American chattel slavery. They are NOT the same thing.
  • Plutarch
    Options
    Both
    ----yeah Plutarch, please explain why your book would support these passages.

Well…the book doesn’t “support” these passages. Theses passages represent a part of the whole that IS the book.
    I guess sex slaves just had to accept what their masters were doing to them? I guess families just had to accept their brothers, sisters, fathers, and mothers being forcefully separated and sold off like cattle?

Heh nice try but no. Once again, the Bible forbids all evils such as oppression, abuse, exploitation, etc. The Bible also has a general respect for law and order. Also, the Bible talks of self-defense as well. Etc, etc, etc. You clearly have no knowledge of the Bible and it’s philosophies (possibly stemming from your lack of respect of said Bible), so I’m not even sure why I’m arguing with you about something that you don’t even care to understand. Meh, I guess it’s still entertaining.
    The Bible excuses the beating and subjugation of slaves.

Yeah, you keep on saying the same thing, but I think I already addressed this.
    There is a reason Christianity has almost zero respect these days, and good riddance.

For some strange (and possibly egomaniacally) reason, you seem to like equating yourself with the rest of the world. YOU, not the general public, have no respect for Christianity. Christianity is still the largest religion in the world and still has much respect in many parts of the world, even from atheists. Though I could suspect that about half of the world’s Christians are ? /bad Christians. And apparently, people like you love to latch on and exploit their hypocrisy/evils and then turn around and use them to falsely discredit Christianity. Meh, but it happens.

Plus, you don’t even believe in ? , so why should I take anything that you say about Him seriously? You actually hate Him, yet you speak of Him as if he were real which is really weird. You don’t even sound like an atheist. You sound like a bitter Christian who had a bad experience with Christianity when he as a boy. You sound like a fatherless son with daddy issues.
  • Plutarch
    Options
    Both
    ......damn Plutarch, you really shouldn't have brought Christianity into this discussion, everyone here knows how I feel about Christianity LOL.....

Lol, apparently I didn't get the memo. I knew you were HOC (hard on Christains), but I'm willing to believe that you hate Christians more than you hate Obama (or at least his foreign policy).

Also, that website, although entertaining, is laughable. I should have known that something was up when you cited ? as a "famous Christian." LOLOL
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    ? Marriage

? is no genocidal maniac, and no one ever really dies. From a human perspective death is really bad but earthly death is only the removal of the soul from the body, nothing more. ? allowed a certain tribe of people to destroy their enemies for his glory and the greater good of mankind. He used the relationship he had with them as an example, as a very effective way to show the rest of humanity his power,love and anger. ? is not a ? , push him too far and he will slaughter you. The people ? told israel to destroy were followers of cannites religion. They practiced child sacrifice, religious prostitution beastility and various other forms of wickedness. In ancient times what are you supposed to do with the children of the people you just killed ? The website is filled with misunderstood foolishness. ? does not do evil he causes no evil. Evil is not a thing to be made it is a moral jugdment. Now ? made evil by making good but he did and does not cause evil. You can the people who made that foolish website don't understand what the bible is saying. The translation of evil in the bible is really the word "woe". and not evil in the way you are thinking about it.

LOL whatever helps you sleep at night man. The bottom line is your evil Christian ? supports the slaughter of innocnt children and supports the evil practice of slavery. It states it is okay to beat slaves, trade slaves, and buy slaves. That is an extremely evil act and not something I will ever support. I'm not an atheist but the evidence is very clear that the Bible ? is one mean evil son of a ? . Again, to each his own.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    ? Marriage
    Plutarch wrote: »
    Plutarch, you are indeed very naïve when it comes to the evil trashy book known as the Bible.

Well, if it’s any constellation, the feeling’s mutual. I honestly think that YOU are the one that is very comically naïve and ignorant.
    I went to Catholic school for 10 years, and while I enjoyed those years, my respect for the Bible went down to the point where I damn near became an atheist. In fact, I would rather someone be an atheist then support a ? religion like Christianity.

Ok, now your whole “I-am-a-raving,-flaming-crazy-person/Christian-hater!” shtick is starting to make sense. You obviously had a bad experience (I don’t want to even know what it was) with religion when you were younger and now you’re bat-? crazy. You need to let go of your hate man or try some therapy.
    In fact, here are some verses I would like you to explain that come directly from the (man made) Bible......

Yes, the Bible is man-made, but the Christian belief in the Holy Spirit (which I don’t expect you to believe or acknowledge) makes quite a difference, but that’s neither her nor there…
    When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

I’m sorry bruh, but I’d like to think that I already explained this verse. If there’s anything else you want me to add or if you would like to address my explanation, then please feel free to do so. Sorry, I just don’t feel like repeating myself. I think that’s fair right?
    Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

I also already explained this one. Check my response to FuriousOne.

LOL ok several things......

I am not an atheist and I don't hate Christians. Most Christians are good people, as are most atheists I have met. The 10 years I spent in Catholic school were very fun and educational but ironically, it opened my eyes to see the extreme evil the Bible supports. I had conversations with fellow classmates and priests as to why the biblical ? would even accept the practice of slavery and support the slaughter of innocent childen and it became clear to me that I was just supposed to accept the deep seated evil of the Bible ? . I refused and many of my classmates refused as well to accept a ? as evil as the Bible ? .

The kind of ? I believe in would NEVER say slavery is okay nor say beating slaves is okay. The kind of ? I believe in is not a genocidal maniac that supports the killing of children all because their parents believed in a different kind of ? . I believe in the long run, the universe tries to have a form of justice (maybe I'm naive) but I would never put any kind of trust in a ? that supports evil. Those are my two cents and in the end, if you wana worship an evil ? , more power to you. I choose to reject it. And again I'm not atheist that seems to be a misconception here. It's the Bible ? that can suck my ? .
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2012
    Options
    ? Marriage
    janklow wrote: »
    I will go as far to say that I consider all Christians devil worshippers. Anyone who thinks I am wrong has obviously not studied the Bible long enough.
    one day you might realize that this kind of stuff just undermines an argument.

The Bible ? is nothing less than a Satanic demon to me. I will say this much, to each his own. I prefer to worship a ? or gods (who knows how many gods there are) that does not support genocide or slavery of innocents. It is what it is.

“One would go mad if one took the Bible seriously; but to take it seriously one must be already mad.”
    ― Aleister Crowley, Magick: Book 4, Liber ABA
  • janklow
    Options
    ? Marriage
    The Bible ? is nothing less than a Satanic demon to me. I will say this much, to each his own. I prefer to worship a ? or gods (who knows how many gods there are) that does not support genocide or slavery of innocents. It is what it is.
    here's the thing: saying "to each his own" and all the rest of the "Bible ? = Satanic demon" stuff is contradictory. and all it really does is convince anyone religious to ignore you and a lot of non-religious people to dismiss any argument as just some kid's raging noise. nosign it if you like now, but i'll say it again: one day you might realize that this kind of stuff just undermines an argument.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    ? Marriage
    janklow wrote: »
    here's the thing: saying "to each his own" and all the rest of the "Bible ? = Satanic demon" stuff is contradictory. and all it really does is convince anyone religious to ignore you and a lot of non-religious people to dismiss any argument as just some kid's raging noise. nosign it if you like now, but i'll say it again: one day you might realize that this kind of stuff just undermines an argument.

I'm not raging at anything at all lol. I simply have made observations about the evil I and many others see in the Bible. I'm not worried about my argument being undermined at all, the proof is in the Bible itself.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I would think that it is quite devilish to turn a women into a pillar of salt for looking back at a city that was devastated because ? was angry with them because of their sin. I thought everybody was born with sin already, so what made them special. ? was going to destroy everything (best argument, if you can't beat them, ? them) until his son volunteered to get bodied? Yet again the old testament can't be thrown aside because, that is the same ? that people worship in the new testament; only, he decided not to ? everyone. I mean, it seems like ? is passing all sorts of judgment and then hands out passes to go past go.. And then you turn around and let a dude who you warned to get out bone his daughters. How can you tell me that that is cool, but a city gets destroyed for being ? . . Am i not supposed to look back and learn from the past? Is that the lesson from the story of the women turning int a pillar of salt?

Merry xmas.. Happy Winter Solstice, which we should've been celebrated on the 21st if it wasn't for those people who adopted a doomsday date of yet another religion.
  • janklow
    edited December 2012
    Options
    ? Marriage
    I'm not raging at anything at all lol. I simply have made observations about the evil I and many others see in the Bible. I'm not worried about my argument being undermined at all, the proof is in the Bible itself.
    now, see how much more reasonable THAT statement sounds? hmmm.
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    And then you turn around and let a dude who you warned to get out bone his daughters.
    correction: get ? while ? by his daughters. still creepy, i figure.
  • Plutarch
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Both
    LOL ok several things......

I am not an atheist

My bad. I misread this "I went to Catholic school for 10 years, and while I enjoyed those years, my respect for the Bible went down to the point where I damn near became an atheist."

and I don't hate Christians.

Um, ok. I'm not sure that I believe this, but you DO seem to hate Christianity, or at least the Christian Bible which is the basis of Christainity whose religion belongs to Christians...

Most Christians are good people, as are most atheists I have met.

Meh, speak for yourself. I meet the acquaintances of plenty of ? Christians and atheists alike on a regular basis.
    The 10 years I spent in Catholic school were very fun and educational but ironically, it opened my eyes to see the extreme evil the Bible supports. I had conversations with fellow classmates and priests as to why the biblical ? would even accept the practice of slavery and support the slaughter of innocent childen and it became clear to me that I was just supposed to accept the deep seated evil of the Bible ? . I refused and many of my classmates refused as well to accept a ? as evil as the Bible ? .

Meh, fair enough. I still disagree and think that you're misunderstanding a lot of the Bible, but we could debate this for days (even though you never really responded to my counter-arguments) so once again, meh.
    The kind of ? I believe in would NEVER say slavery is okay nor say beating slaves is okay. The kind of ? I believe in is not a genocidal maniac that supports the killing of children all because their parents believed in a different kind of ? . I believe in the long run, the universe tries to have a form of justice (maybe I'm naive) but I would never put any kind of trust in a ? that supports evil.

More statements from a misunderstanding of the Bible. But I will add two things.

1. I've already said this a million times, but just because the Bible ACKNOWLEDGES evil, doesn't mean that the Bible SUPPORTS evil. The fact that the Bible acknowleges evil makes it so much more credibile to me simply because evil exists. I think that people need to stop believeing in this whole idea that Christianity preaches that the world is perfect and happy. The Bible clearly says that this world is fallen and that this world is full of suffering and evil. But the world is this way NOT because of ? . The world is this way because of US. But apparently we don't want to take responsibility and hold ourselves accountable, and this is just a symptom of our broken nature.

2. I find it odd that people have the audacity to even judge ? . And they judge ? by human standards as if ? is human and as if ? and his nature can be understood by humankind. If I'm not mistaken, all of this can be summed up as hubris/pride. Ironically enough, this is the same sin that brought about Satan and Adam and Eve's downfall. It's never a good things when humans get so proud that they think that they're more important than ? . You talk about the kind of ? that YOU want, but that's irrelevant because you don't determine who ? is. You can't. IMO.
    Those are my two cents and in the end, if you wana worship an evil ? , more power to you. I choose to reject it. And again I'm not atheist that seems to be a misconception here. It's the Bible ? that can suck my ? .

Ok heh. Fair enough? Though the whole "Bible ? " vs "Christain ? " thing is a bit confusing.
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plural Marriage
    @janklow ca we get a thead split of the bible debate fam?
  • janklow
    Options
    ? Marriage
    @janklow ca we get a thead split of the bible debate fam?
    yeah, let me figure where it would be good to clip them out, since some of the Bible talk is thread-related...

• kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Neither
    I support neither, seeing how it goes against my morals. With that being said I won't cry about it if it becomes legal. At the end of the day it's their lives not mine. We all have free will to do as we want within the confines of the law.