Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Oceanic wrote: »
    waterproof wrote: »
    Neo Soul is my favorite type of music. People aren't surprised by that at all. I've been called a Mos Def/Common type dude whatever that means.

@Oceanic you know what it means you ol organic earthboy, trailmix eating, sandles rocking, beet juice drinking, tofu, Soulquarians, Future from 8 mile wannabe ass ? .......

i ? with the neo-soul heavy and The Roots, Badu, Jill, Bilal and all those cats but ? i more of J-Dilla, Slum Village, Frank N Dank cat, meaning ? the apperance....

Why the hostility? You sound idiotic, which is not a surprise but still, it would be nice if you were conscious of your attitude. I'm not a wannabe anything. on the contrary, I am who I am.. plain and simple. Besides, Mos and Common are complex people. Someone could be making that comparison based on any number of things. Not limited to your one dimensional view.
    I don't wear sandles (I prefer Tombs) don't really drink beet juice (Water, please) but I'm not opposed to trying it, not a fan of tofu although I am a vegetarian and I don't know who future is aside from the no talent rapper from ATL. I would rather not watch 8 Mile. Eminem is not my favorite person by far.

I don't know what you mean by that last sentence about appearance and all that. But anyway, that's nice that you listen to a variety of artists. I would rather listen to neo soul, alt/punk rock or reggae before hip hop but my taste is all over the place. Neo soul also does not stop at the major label singers but has a deep underground circle. Scarface is my favorite rapper. Ya Money or Ya Life is my favorite song by him followed by Keep Me Down.

@waterproof

? calm down, i was just joking you ol spoken word, all natural sunflower child, PM Dawn, okayplayer ass ? .... ? I stay listening to music at the neo soul cafe and frequent at yoshi jazz spot in oakland and sf
    , and I stays in the underground so I know all.bout the underground soul artist, didn't want fly over anybody head with names of artist.

? we ain't that different I ? with soul, jazz, blues, roots reggae, hiphop and black rock/blues more in the same style of whild peach..

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Haha.. Oh ok my bad, brother.
  • Bodhi
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Neo Soul is my favorite type of music. People aren't surprised by that at all. I've been called a Mos Def/Common type dude whatever that means.

@Oceanic you know what it means you ol organic earthboy, trailmix eating, sandles rocking, beet juice drinking, tofu, Soulquarians, Future from 8 mile wannabe ass ? .......

i ? with the neo-soul heavy and The Roots, Badu, Jill, Bilal and all those cats but ? i more of J-Dilla, Slum Village, Frank N Dank cat, meaning ? the apperance....

Why the hostility? You sound idiotic, which is not a surprise but still, it would be nice if you were conscious of your attitude. I'm not a wannabe anything. on the contrary, I am who I am.. plain and simple. Besides, Mos and Common are complex people. Someone could be making that comparison based on any number of things. Not limited to your one dimensional view.
    I don't wear sandles (I prefer Tombs) don't really drink beet juice (Water, please) but I'm not opposed to trying it, not a fan of tofu although I am a vegetarian and I don't know who future is aside from the no talent rapper from ATL. I would rather not watch 8 Mile. Eminem is not my favorite person by far.

I don't know what you mean by that last sentence about appearance and all that. But anyway, that's nice that you listen to a variety of artists. I would rather listen to neo soul, alt/punk rock or reggae before hip hop but my taste is all over the place. Neo soul also does not stop at the major label singers but has a deep underground circle. Scarface is my favorite rapper. Ya Money or Ya Life is my favorite song by him followed by Keep Me Down.

@waterproof

? calm down, i was just joking you ol spoken word, all natural sunflower child, PM Dawn, okayplayer ass ? .... ? I stay listening to music at the neo soul cafe and frequent at yoshi jazz spot in oakland and sf
    , and I stays in the underground so I know all.bout the underground soul artist, didn't want fly over anybody head with names of artist.

? we ain't that different I ? with soul, jazz, blues, roots reggae, hiphop and black rock/blues more in the same style of whild peach..

Yeah I listen to all of that. only thing I don't have much of is blues, which I'm ashamed to admit. I've been meaning to buff up on that end of my music collection.

@waterproof
    what or who would you recommend?
  • Bodhi
    Options
    I don't wear sandles (I prefer Tombs)

I mean Timbs. ? auto correct.
  • UnderMiSensi
    UnderMiSensi Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Bach - Toccata and Fugue in D minor bwv 565

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0nRPDfpbkY
  • UnderMiSensi
    UnderMiSensi Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

@waterproof

Yeah I listen to all of that. only thing I don't have much of is blues, which I'm ashamed to admit. I've been meaning to buff up on that end of my music collection.

@waterproof
    what or who would you recommend?

For Blues you got to start with the greats, who influence Jim Hendrick, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones.... Start out with Robert Johnson, Son House and the Delta Blues then Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, John Lee ? , Buddy Guy...

As for modern day blues artist the black keys and Shemekia Copeland who is traveling the the road and becoming one of the greats is who i ? with Shemekia Copeland Ghetto Child http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adYViK8Kw3Y

Shemekia Copeland & Robert Cray - I Pity The Fool
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LheOR6FgsI
  • youngn9892
    youngn9892 Members Posts: 9
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ive been in a crazy laid back mood lately even a little down and ? so ive been bumping this...

TV On The Radio - "Love Dog"
    http://youtu.be/QWZuimvDd4Q

its been a long ass time since ive posted in the IC...
  • Entangled_Semanticz
    Entangled_Semanticz Members Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options