Ladies, Would You Marry A Man Without Getting A Ring?

Options
13»

Comments

• king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rev big ass says a man has to at least have a 2 karat ring for her, her lil chubby fingers still ringless
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want a ring, but don't need a super expensive one. I don't even want a diamond ring, I want something different, like below....

image-6_zpscb5fa211.jpg
    It cost $130.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options

Not having a ring will not stop me from marrying him but if he asks the answer is yes I want a nice big pretty sparkly one
  • king hassan
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    i don't think her wanting a ring has anything to do with why no one's wanted to marry her hassan lol

I was trying to be nice lol
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the Rev doing these days? Any new pics?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    .Empress. wrote: »
    I am marrying the man, not the ring. I feel strongly about it and I especially don't wish for any diamond, that is not even a question. However, if he wishes to present me with a simple band that is okay. Bottom line is that I do not need nor care for anything of material value to act as a symbol of our union. The last thing I want is anything extravagant like a wedding for example. Im good with city hall, if he wishes for something more I would absolutely work with him and have something small. Just us and a couple loved ones on the beach in the islands as the sun descends and the sky turns different hues of orange and pink.

The most important thing to me would be the foundation we were built upon and us sharing in this union for always so spending money on a wedding isn't even a thought when I think marriage. Id rather save that money for anything but a wedding...the mortgage, our children, our foreign getaway etc. We could do a reception where mama and aunties cooked food is on the menu and even with that I am all about intimate settings and celebrations. This would be where the family can come together and celebrate, nothing too fancy.

Often times folks, these days especially, allow the wedding to become bigger than relationship and the two people in it. They are prepared for the wedding but not to the commitment of togetherness in marriage. They can commit to the party but not to working together, compromising, existing in a state of always being really present and in tune. Early on after the celebration is over, some check out. The novelty wears off, premature decisions and other factors can lead to easily getting caught up in the hype.

Nothing justifies our love except the fabric of our relationship in which we share. Nice to profess your love in different ways but that should be done everyday in the simplest of gestures, nothing material can ever take the place of those moments.

I goat'd this post because it's some real ? , but I laughed my ass off at the bolded you saying you'd work with him if he wanted something more but you already got an idea fully planned out on your own lol...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I am marrying the man, not the ring. I feel strongly about it and I especially don't wish for any diamond, that is not even a question. However, if he wishes to present me with a simple band that is okay. Bottom line is that I do not need nor care for anything of material value to act as a symbol of our union. The last thing I want is anything extravagant like a wedding for example. Im good with city hall, if he wishes for something more I would absolutely work with him and have something small. Just us and a couple loved ones on the beach in the islands as the sun descends and the sky turns different hues of orange and pink.

The most important thing to me would be the foundation we were built upon and us sharing in this union for always so spending money on a wedding isn't even a thought when I think marriage. Id rather save that money for anything but a wedding...the mortgage, our children, our foreign getaway etc. We could do a reception where mama and aunties cooked food is on the menu and even with that I am all about intimate settings and celebrations. This would be where the family can come together and celebrate, nothing too fancy.

Often times folks, these days especially, allow the wedding to become bigger than relationship and the two people in it. They are prepared for the wedding but not to the commitment of togetherness in marriage. They can commit to the party but not to working together, compromising, existing in a state of always being really present and in tune. Early on after the celebration is over, some check out. The novelty wears off, premature decisions and other factors can lead to easily getting caught up in the hype.

Nothing justifies our love except the fabric of our relationship in which we share. Nice to profess your love in different ways but that should be done everyday in the simplest of gestures, nothing material can ever take the place of those moments.

I goat'd this post because it's some real ? , but I laughed my ass off at the bolded you saying you'd work with him if he wanted something more but you already got an idea fully planned out on your own lol...

@blackrain

Lmao!!

No! True, I don't think about having a wedding at all, I personally don't care for them and would rather not have one. However, I am a woman of compromise who will also take into consideration the feelings and wishes of her husband. I respect his want to involve family and have them join in the celebration and I can work with that because it is something he would like and contrary to popular belief, its not all about me. I just happen to prefer privately "tying the knot" in the simplest way and having family come together for a reception afterward, at the most.

What means the most to me is the beautiful journey we are about to continue. Not just begin, because up until now it has been us building and marriage doesn't change that, we will only continue to grow.

Beside every great man is a great woman ready to build his empire and nothing else matters except us sharing this life as one and remaining in love and happiness.
  • Ms.Scorp
    Ms.Scorp Members Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's making you his wife, why focus on a ring?

The ring and wedding never was important to me. We got married in a court house.
  • grumpycat
    grumpycat Members Posts: 519
    edited December 2012
    Options
    it depends on the situation and the guy. My mom married my dad without a ring, and they've been together for over 40 years.

that said i'd rather have no ring than an ugly cheap one, which is what my cousin got.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    yes, in my culture the man or his family usually pay a dowry to the girl's family. it can be anything, money, jewelry, livestock, property

usually it is jewelry put the concept of a wedding ring is fairly new. something we've adopted from being here

I will give your father 3 goats, 2 cows, and 4 chickens for your hand (and nipples) in marriage. Is this a better deal than your current husband offered him?
  • king hassan
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    How the Rev doing these days? Any new pics?
    I haven't heard from the Rev since her mother was ill in July, and for some strange reason I gave no ? about her moms being sick either

• ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's called being a baby mama
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Im kind of a romantic believe it or not. So if I ever get married Im buying the biggest ? ring I can afford for no other reason than I want my wife's friends to be able to look at her friends like, "uh..yeah ? ." I cant have my property walking around with a naked ass finger and her ? aint sparkling...NOPE. Not mine.

The ring means nothing really. Its more about symbolism. Could be expressed any number of ways. Mine will be expressed with a big ass ignorant ass diamond (that i can afford that she wont get her finger chopped off for lol)

She'll have to of course sign a prenup and a contract stating in the event of divorce I get the ring and the value back in full no matter what. But yeah...thats how i feel about the ring thing.
    Empress_ wrote: »

*DIDNT READ*

Just wanted to say thats the GOAT sig. If she really said that ? lol MIchelle swag/wit game was on a 1000 in that ?
  • supYo
    supYo Members Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a ring...if she wants a ringt then ? off, was fun
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't wish for any diamond, that is not even a question. however, if he wishes to present me with a simple gold band that is okay, it's nice. Bottom line is that I do not need nor want anything extravagant like a wedding for example. Im good with city hall, if he wishes for something more I would absolutely work with him and have something small. Just us and a couple loved ones on the beach in the islands as the sun descends and the sky turns different hues of orange and pink.

Wow. I need a woman like this in my life.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't wish for any diamond, that is not even a question. however, if he wishes to present me with a simple gold band that is okay, it's nice. Bottom line is that I do not need nor want anything extravagant like a wedding for example. Im good with city hall, if he wishes for something more I would absolutely work with him and have something small. Just us and a couple loved ones on the beach in the islands as the sun descends and the sky turns different hues of orange and pink.

Wow. I need a woman like this in my life.