Why are so many Americans losing their mind this year?

Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »
    I still don't believe this "white people have gone crazy" bs. I think that this is yet another case of overrating race and the media. Perspective already killed this jawn, so there's no point in saying more. Same with what he said about gun possession.

As for violence in American schools?

1. It is still extremely rare. Our schools are generally VERY safe, trust me.

2. Violence in American schools is not a new thing that started with our apparently "special" generation. One could say that the worst case of school violence, even more so than the Virginia Tech shooting, was the Bath School disaster. And that happened in the '20s (almost a century ago!), and 38 elementary kids tragically died. And not a single gun was used to shoot a victim, so once again, guns are not necessarily the problem. The problem that we need to look at are parenting, socialization, anger, stress, mental illness (it's crazy how time and time again we just seem to completely ignore the reality of mental illness), etc. Paying too much attention to guns is just paying too much attention to the symptoms.

I wish I could say that many White people aren't going crazy but it seems many are. Even Michael Moore made a blog begging White men to settle down and put the guns down....note he didn't say to ban guns, he even said men with guns is the reason Adam Lanza killed himself.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mike-friends-blog/celebrating-prince-peace-land-guns

As far as American schools being very safe, I agree, minus the bullying epidemic going on of course...and you said 38 kids died in an American school in the 1920s?? I never heard of that one but we still have a major violence problem in this country. Taking guns away isn't the solution true but America really has to address the culture of violence we have. That conversation will never work though because the biggest KILLER and murderer in the world today is the United States Federal Government. So it looks like America will just have to suck this all up and deal with it. Sad commentary on American life today.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The AP did a poll last week and when Americans were asked what was the biggest story of 2012, it wasn't the presidential election or the Libya disaster, it was mass shootings. So the mass shootings this year, especially the one ending with 20 kids and 28 people overall being killed really touched a nerve.
    hmm, i wonder which of these happened most recently...
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Until somebody beats blowing up a building with a truck bomb. None of these mass American mass killers are ? with the Oklahoma City bomber, until 9/11 that is.
    ...and the Bath School Massacre still tops all the current school shootings.
    People will make any excuse in the world to hang on to their guns.
    i don't even know what this means, since the reasons given don't change: the Constitution notes that we have the right to bear arms, and people use them for self-defense and sporting reasons. when did this change?
    People (especially the NRA and people of their ilk) have been misinterpreting the 2nd Amendment for so long
    nope
    My solution is outlawing ammo.
    maybe you should just go ahead and demand the gun ban you actually want?
    But yeah, America becoming less and less white and their power structure becoming less unfluential, maybe they're taking their anger out on other people because they have no one else to take their anger out on. What's ? crazy though is that these White folks are shooting mostly other White folk.
    so between the fact that it's white-on-white crime and shootings like this haven't just started recently, maybe this is a poor theory?
    As far as the rest of your post, there has been outrage over the innocent people killed in the hood over drug spots and delivery routes, it seems the problem with people getting killed in the hood is that NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO STOP IT.
    it's called "resolving this drug war ? "
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    [...and the Bath School Massacre still tops all the current school shootings.

I can't believe I've never heard of this. SMH. Imagine if Romney went ham like that for loosing the election, again..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
    The Bath School disaster is the historical name of the violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927 in Bath Township, Michigan that killed 38 elementary school children and six adults, and injured at least 58 other people.[Note 1] Kehoe first killed his wife, fire-bombed his farm and set off a major explosion in the Bath Consolidated School, before committing suicide by detonating a final explosion in his truck. It is the deadliest mass murder in a school in United States history.
    Andrew Kehoe, the 55 year old school board treasurer, was angry after his defeat in the Spring 1926 election for township clerk. He was thought to have planned his "murderous revenge" after that public defeat and he had a reputation for difficulty on the school board and in personal dealings.

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When the "privileged" stop feeling like they still have the "privileges" that come with their skin color they tend to lash out.

Just like an only child who's used to having all the love and attention in the family suddenly has to deal with baby brother/sister. They start to act up.

Crackers have it worse. Not only do they have new brothers and sisters to deal with. One of their brothers was kidnapped, kept i the basement to starve, made to do all the house choirs, built ha;f the damn house, made them all their family fortune and now the neighborhood suddenly put his black ass in charge of the household when you were told your whole life your brother aint ? ...

Then they have their older sister who they thought disappeared after having her land stolen but just popped back the ? up 100 years later and brought 20 Mexicans in a van with her while she was at it.

Crackers just getting used to a new reality. ? them. They tell us we need to get over slavery...they can get over having to share America's bounty too. Thats what this ? is really about, I'd bet money on it.
  • janklow
    Options
    I can't believe I've never heard of this. SMH. Imagine if Romney went ham like that for loosing the election, again..
    well, a) it happened quite some time ago, but also b) it does not fit into the convenient narrative of "guns cause all this murder to happen"
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    [...and the Bath School Massacre still tops all the current school shootings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
    The Bath School disaster is the historical name of the violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927 in Bath Township, Michigan that killed 38 elementary school children and six adults, and injured at least 58 other people.[Note 1] Kehoe first killed his wife, fire-bombed his farm and set off a major explosion in the Bath Consolidated School, before committing suicide by detonating a final explosion in his truck. It is the deadliest mass murder in a school in United States history.
    Andrew Kehoe, the 55 year old school board treasurer, was angry after his defeat in the Spring 1926 election for township clerk. He was thought to have planned his "murderous revenge" after that public defeat and he had a reputation for difficulty on the school board and in personal dealings.

LOL thats a good one, the year isn't over yet though so let's hope Romney doesn't cause no trouble
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    When the "privileged" stop feeling like they still have the "privileges" that come with their skin color they tend to lash out.

Just like an only child who's used to having all the love and attention in the family suddenly has to deal with baby brother/sister. They start to act up.

Crackers have it worse. Not only do they have new brothers and sisters to deal with. One of their brothers was kidnapped, kept i the basement to starve, made to do all the house choirs, built ha;f the damn house, made them all their family fortune and now the neighborhood suddenly put his black ass in charge of the household when you were told your whole life your brother aint ? ...

Then they have their older sister who they thought disappeared after having her land stolen but just popped back the ? up 100 years later and brought 20 Mexicans in a van with her while she was at it.

Crackers just getting used to a new reality. ? them. They tell us we need to get over slavery...they can get over having to share America's bounty too. Thats what this ? is really about, I'd bet money on it.

Damn I wonder if all this is true nowadays.....
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2012
    Options
    well, a) it happened quite some time ago, but also b) it does not fit into the convenient narrative of "guns cause all this murder to happen"

True, but we hear of all kinds of things from the past. I know the 20's was some sick ? anyway, but this story is wild enough to remain in the history books. I guess people are talking about it now that the Sandy situation happened. Seems mental health is the culprit again. True story Janklow, people will find a way. ? , you could chain the doors and go ham with a sword. China on that with their slayings now.

article-2250765-16962B81000005DC-505_634x349.jpg

article-2250765-169644B6000005DC-645_634x569.jpg
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

LOL thats a good one, the year isn't over yet though so let's hope Romney doesn't cause no trouble

Looks like he was damn close to committing that.

3406-mitt-romney-pumping-gas-la-jolla-california-reddit-photo-picture.jpg
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We have taken ourselves out of the "natural" order and have no other natural predators other than those we create and ourselves. So it has to be somebody and maybe whites are just that much more susceptible to the "CRAZY", all arrows seem to point towards caucasians mostly. Just another negative result of becoming "domesticated" and or civilization.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    And so it begins

Former congressional candidate caught slashing fellow GOP candidate's tires
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P23kNnmmM_c#!

• janklow
    Options
    I guess people are talking about it now that the Sandy situation happened.
    actually, the only people really talking about it are people who are pro-gun rights. if you're anti-gun, right now you don't want to talk about anything that gets in the way of pushing through legislation based on emotion.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Looks like he was damn close to committing that.

3406-mitt-romney-pumping-gas-la-jolla-california-reddit-photo-picture.jpg

LOL wtf, damn poor Romney
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    We have taken ourselves out of the "natural" order and have no other natural predators other than those we create and ourselves. So it has to be somebody and maybe whites are just that much more susceptible to the "CRAZY", all arrows seem to point towards caucasians mostly. Just another negative result of becoming "domesticated" and or civilization.

I agree, Western civilization has made people less human and more commodities that are less valued. When people value themselves less, they tend to value other people less and it becomes nothing to wipe away the source of frustration for most people....other people. We value money and goods more than human life, Western civilization was the start of people valuing ownership more than fellow people. Of course sociopaths and psychopaths exist in societies that don't have capitalism or ownership based societies, but when you live in a society in which money is ? and life is only as valuable as how much you have in the bank, it can definitely make some people turn crazy.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I guess people are talking about it now that the Sandy situation happened.
    actually, the only people really talking about it are people who are pro-gun rights. if you're anti-gun, right now you don't want to talk about anything that gets in the way of pushing through legislation based on emotion.

That's still one incident that happened in 1929.. How many bombings have there been compared to mass shootings or even mass stabbings? Well There was Rwanda with the Machetes. Those dudes went ham. Still, that didn't occur in America. I guess if there weren't guns, more nut jobs would do suicide runs over here. Still, it's an organized effort, and highly specialized skill even for the makers of suicide vest.
  • janklow
    Options
    That's still one incident that happened in 1929.. How many bombings have there been compared to mass shootings or even mass stabbings? Well There was Rwanda with the Machetes. Those dudes went ham. Still, that didn't occur in America. I guess if there weren't guns, more nut jobs would do suicide runs over here. Still, it's an organized effort, and highly specialized skill even for the makers of suicide vest.
    still comes down to the mentality of the person behind it, which is the real issue we need to solve.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    People feeling more pessimistic about the direction of this country might be another reason why mass shootings shot up last year......

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/poll-obama-begins-second-term-facing-pessimistic-public-132253142--election.html

As President Barack Obama heads into his second term, he faces a pessimistic and weary public, according to a USA Today/Gallup poll released late Tuesday.

The percentage of Americans satisfied with the direction of the country stands at a paltry 23 percent in a poll taken Dec. 14-17. By a margin of 50 to 47 percent, respondents said the country's best years are over.

Fifty percent of respondents said it is somewhat or very unlikely that today's youth will have a better life than their parents.

That pessimism and negativity extends to the president, according to the poll.

When respondents were asked to choose adjectives to describe their feelings about the president's re-election, the poll showed the excitement and pride many Americans felt about the president's first term has diminished.

--With numbers like these, it's no wonder so many Americans just don't give a ? anymore
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    still comes down to the mentality of the person behind it, which is the real issue we need to solve.

That's the scary thing though, some people are so private about their thoughts you can't really predict who will or won't commit atrocities....Adam Lanza had Asperger's and was known for not being a people person but there are millions of people out there like that....
  • janklow
    Options
    That's the scary thing though, some people are so private about their thoughts you can't really predict who will or won't commit atrocities....Adam Lanza had Asperger's and was known for not being a people person but there are millions of people out there like that....
    well, don't worry, sweeping firearm bans and increasing internet eavesdropping will surely solve that problem!

• kingblaze84
    Options
    well, don't worry, sweeping firearm bans and increasing internet eavesdropping will surely solve that problem!

I hope neither occurs....banning guns also seems silly now that the NY newspaper that published the names and addresses of many who own firearms in NY have themselves hired armed security guards lol. The anti-gun lobby took a serious L in that case. We all know the feds eavesdrop on everything we do now, but obviously it can't catch all the bad guys. Bad guys usually move in silence anyway
  • WYRM
    WYRM Members Posts: 993 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have yet to see where "banning guns" has helped any countries crime. Criminals have a job, being criminals, busting yo ass or hustling it don't matter if they have a gun or a knife. Also if owning a gun is a crime, criminals have an exclusive access to them at that point. In the haves and have not, make sure you "have a gun".
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    I have yet to see where "banning guns" has helped any countries crime. Criminals have a job, being criminals, busting yo ass or hustling it don't matter if they have a gun or a knife. Also if owning a gun is a crime, criminals have an exclusive access to them at that point. In the haves and have not, make sure you "have a gun".

Exactly, two countries prove this point. Switzerland and Finland have very high amounts of guns and have very little gun violence. Venezuela has banned guns and now has one of the highest murder rates in the world. California has seen gun sales rise a lot over the past few years and murders have gone DOWN. The problem in America is the culture of violence from the feds on down, not guns themselves.

More people also die per year from hammers then guns too according to the FBI.....and don't make me even bring up Chicago, where guns are illegal....
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pissssssssssssssssssssssss
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stress, Environmental Conditions, Meds that's why people are coming unhinged
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2013
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    Pissssssssssssssssssssssss

Huh