Options
    Mass Effect Metal Gear Solid Uncharted just a few off the top of my head
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    10. Final Fantasy
    final-fantasy-vii-cast.jpg

It pains me to put this series on list because this series use set the standard for RPG's that other companies had to follow if they wanted to compete. However after PS1 era this series(and Square as whole) just went into the ? .
    10 was ass, X-2 was worse, 11 is laughable, 12 is meh, both 13's are garbage and 14 is a buggy pile of ? . Square mergeing with Enix pretty much killed the company quality wise.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    10. Final Fantasy
    final-fantasy-vii-cast.jpg

It pains me to put this series on list because this series use set the standard for RPG's that other companys had to follow if they wanted to compete. However after PS1 era this series(and Square as whole) just went into the ? .
    10 was ass, X-2 was worse, 11 is laughable, 12 is meh, both 13's are garbage and 14 is buggy pile of ? . Square mergeing with Enix pretty much killed the company quality wise.

I've played more Square Enix games in the past 3 years then ever . Guess why they started making other games well Sleeping Dogs Deus Ex and Just Cause 2 are all good games non of them JRPGs I think they have a bright future going forward because they have diversified their offerings to get more consumers to buy their products .
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Final Fantasy (after IX)
    Halo
    Tekken
    Twisted Metal
    Gran Turismo
    Gears of War
    Metal Gear Solid
    Pokemon
    Resident Evil (after 4)
    Call of Duty
  • genocidecutter
    edited December 2012
    Options
    9. Metal Gear Solid Series
    metal_gear_solid_2.jpg

Now from a gameplay stand point this great series but, the reason I put on the list is because people act like its the greatest stealth game ever when in actuality its an over glorified action game with tons of cut scenes.
    Shooting giant robots with Rocket launchers and boss fights are NOT elements of stealth. Metal Gear Solid 3 in my opinion came the closest to being a stealth game. Play any of Theif games, the first 3 Spinter Cell games(anything after is garbage) or the Tenchi series and tell if you still think Metal Gear Solid is the best stealth game ever.
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    8. Saints Row
    bb51349e865319a55bd047c022878706.jpg?v=240000

Now of all the GTA clones that pop up over the years this probably the best one however it is still overrated because it copies from GTA so much why would anyone want to play over GTA? Once they stopped copying GTA and tried to make a game of their they ended up with Saints Row 3rd(or as I call it the ? ). I will give it props for thinking of the in game cell phone but, GTA would take that ideal and make it better.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    8. Saints Row

Now of all the GTA clones that pop up over the years this probably the best one however it is still overrated because it copies from GTA so much why would anyone want to play over GTA? Once they stopped copying GTA and tried to make a game of their they ended up with Saints Row 3rd(or as I call it the ? ). I will give it props for thinking of the in game cell phone but, GTA would take that ideal and make it better.

Its been better than GTA since it came out but haters gonna hate
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saint row 2 was good the third was ass cheeks. Sonic and mario are overrated as ? .
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    sr3 >>>> GTA4 but sleeping dogs kinda ? on both of them
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    hhaah no. Sr3 was wack as ? . The moment i finished it i brought it back to gamespot.
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    7. Assassins Creed
    assassins-creed-scenery.jpg

Now I liked to add this excludes 1 and 2 because those were fantastic games but, after about 5 minutes of Brotherhood it was pretty obvious that Ubi-soft had ran out of ideals. Everything else is way too repetitive plus brotherhood is beyond easy
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Assassin creed can be a goat series if there a hard difficulty. Ain't no reason for me to spotted and ? the 10+ guards running at me easily.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assassins Creed 1 was amazing?

NO
  • genocidecutter
    edited December 2012
    Options
    6. Crysis
    crysis-pc-screenshot5_656x369.jpg?cb=1334003686

Ever had someone brag about how their computer can run this game.? Tell them their a ? for spending all that money for a computer that game run average ass game.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Assassins Creed 1 was amazing?

NO

I didn't play ? but watched the walkthrough. Lol @ spending more time traveling from place to place on horse back than anything.
  • genocidecutter
    edited December 2012
    Options
    5. Need for Speed
    need-for-speed-world.jpg

Why EA still insist on beating this dead horse is beyond me? The last good Need for Speed game came out a decade ago. Please EA let it go and while your at it bring back Burnout and Road Rash.
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    4.Halo
    original.jpg

Ever wondered why every First Person Shooter has some form of multiplayer tacked on? Look no further than this game. Ever since the first game became popular every company has been trying to get a piece of the multiplayer pie. Other than its Sci-fi setting whats makes game unique? There are many FPS games much better than this game. BTW Master Chief is probably the dullest video game protagonist ever how he is considered a iconic video game character is beyond me.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Only thing I disagree with is Final Fantasy, how are they overrated if they DEFINED the term RPG for gaming ? They've had duds in the last few years but I'd hardly say it's overrated. All the FFs up to 10 are considered classics/critically acclaimed. ? Saints Row tho LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I'm a fan of the series but it's arguably always been overrated because there were ALWAYS better RPG games available outside of the franchise with each release. Since the NES days. But more importantly people are so blindly loyal to it they give heavily flawed games like X, XII and XIII a pass just because of the brand but not because they feature an actual overall good gaming experience.

• genocidecutter
    edited December 2012
    Options
    3. Mortal Kombat
    200px-Mortal_Kombat_Logo.svg.png

The most overrated fighting game franchise of all time period. Now before I begin this rant I like to say MK2 and UMK3 are some of my favs from my childhood but, other than those its damn near impossible to play old MK games because of how mediocre they really were. Now MK fans answer this question besides Blood and Gore(which do not count) what did MK bring to the table gameplay wise? As matter what does Mortal Kombat do that the following games doesn't do better?

Street Fighter
    King of Fighters
    Samurai Shodown
    Tekken
    Virtual Fighter
    Killer Instinct
    Soul Calibur
    Marvel vs. Capcom
    Guilty Gear

If your answer was absolutely nothing you are correct. The prove of this is how many fighting games have tried to be like Mortal Kombat(besides obscure titles like Tattoo Assassins). The main problem with series it never evolved and lived on its past glory. When the tried to move the series to 3d they were years behind the competition(Soul Calibur, Tekken and Dead or Alive ? those 3d MK games.) Also Fatalities are overrated too after about the 5th time whats the point?

• genocidecutter
    Options
    2. Sonic
    sonic.jpg

The combination of bad games and sega refusing to let series die is why its on the list. At one point these games were giving Mario a run for his money. After about Sonic Adventure Battle 2 this series went to hell and still this day still has not claim is former glory. Last good game sonic was in was Super Smash Bros Brawl.
  • genocidecutter
    edited December 2012
    Options
    1. Call of Duty
    call-of-duty-black-ops-2.jpg

Boy I can not wait for this series to die(activison is great at ? out games so that might sooner than later). There is not one thing this series has done that countless other FPS games haven't done better. Its started as a WW2 shooter(everyone and their mother were making WW2 shooters in 2003) than became a modern FPS. BTW Zombie mode was actually copied from a mod for Call of Duty 2.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "10 was ass, X-2 was worse"
    No sign
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No-Sign on Sonic. This article has been written up back in 2008 or something. So are you telling me that Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations is trash? Sonic came back in a big way these last couple of years.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    8. Saints Row

Its been better than GTA since it came out but haters gonna hate

2 was great fun ...... 3rd fell off big time