My Top Ten Favorite KOF Characters

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
Kof_perfectreader_cover.jpg

As you all may KOF is one of my favorite fighting game franchises ever due to its face past gameplay and dope charecter designs. Here are my ten favorites from the series. Also if your a KOF fan post your list too.

BTW GGPO Handle:genocide_cuttah if you think your ready

Comments

• genocidecutter
    edited December 2012
    Options
    10. Shermie
    shermie_nw.jpg
    Series debut:KOF97

Starting at number 10 we have shemie. She debuted in KOF97 in the new faces team along with Chris and Yashiro. In a nut shell she's a defensive version of Clark.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dhi-lD_ulY

Watch as Oogoshi win SBO with Shermie
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you make horrible lists
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    9. Vice
    main_php_g2_view_core.jpg
    Series Debut: KOF 96
    Another female grappler. It should be noted she was one of the very first female grapplers in a fighting game. She debuted as playable character in KOF 96 along with Mature. She was sent Rugal to spy on Iroi. After 96 she(along with mature) would not make and official return to the series until XIII. I wish would have gave her back her overhead from the old games.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKOWjFN4WFU
    Watch Pharaon maul Tokido
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    you make horrible lists

And you make horrible post
  • genocidecutter
    edited December 2012
    Options
    8. Oswald
    oswaldkofxi.png
    Series debut:KOF XI
    A character chain combos and cards hell yeah. Love maining this guy XI along with Gato and Malin. Contray to popular belief he wouldn't be so broken if he didn't do such absurdly high amounts of damage. Why hell Snk didn't put him in XIII is beyond me. A dream fight would be him vs Gambit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9gyb54UMvY
    Mago owns with Oswald
  • genocidecutter
    edited December 2012
    Options
    7. May Lee
    King_of_Fighters_Redux_May_Lee_by_digitalninja.jpg
    Series debut: KOF 2001
    Kim's knows how to train people very well in Tae Kwon Do. Case in and point May Lee. She is the perfect blend of speed and power. She incredibly difficult to master due to her having two stances.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_02hGPhKJU

Watch Hammer destroy these fools
  • genocidecutter
    edited December 2012
    Options
    6. Kula
    1838151_kulawinxiii.png
    Series Debut: 2000
    Devolped to be anti K'(he uses fire, she uses Ice, K's a guy, she's a girl etc..). She fun character as she's a very versatile character. She can zone and space or straight rush and opponent down. Ask @Sion. how well Kula can Space.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiZ0wI70hHg

Bala dominates with Kula(as he does with any character)
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Woat thread

Still mad I put Mortal Kombat as an overrated series I see
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    5. Ash Crimson
    Ash-crimson-artwork-king-of-fighters-xiii.jpg
    Series debut: KOF 2003
    The new hero of KOF. made his debut in 2003 with Duo Lon(who till this I have not mastered) and Shen Woo. He break away from the team in XIII. This ? tough as hell he killed Chizuru and ? slapped Iroi and took his flames. Gameplay wise he's very similar to Guile but, Ash has more moves and super specials aren't charge moves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwJNqybRHs0

Mr.KOF plays a damn good Ash. BTW he's one of few people to beat Bala.

• genocidecutter
    Options
    4. K'
    K_XIII.jpg
    Series Debut: Kof 99
    For those who don't know KOF 99 was the first kof game I have ever played. Its was one of the only good 2d fighters on the PS1(The PS1 couldn't handle sprites for ? ). He debuted as a clone of Kyo. This dudes so badass his name is only one letter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT8dvCLwmdQ

777 owns with K. He always owns with Kim too. Look up his kof98 matches
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    3. Kyo
    kyokofxii.jpg
    Series debut: KOF94
    The poster boy of KOF. I honestly I didn't like until the change his fighting style up in kof96. They made him pure rushdown(many fans did not like this so the brought back the old Kyo as Kyo clone). His new fighting made him harder to master(very few players have discovered his true potential).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqw3F2AkFKM

Dakou has fully figured out Kyo though. Watch as he toys with his opponent in this match. His matches with Xaiohai(the same Xaiohai who beat Daigo) are classics.

• genocidecutter
    Options
    2. Iroi
    King_Of_Fighters_XI_Game_Character_Official_Artw.jpg
    Series debut: KOF 95

If can't understand how this guy is badass seek medical help. Even after Ash took his flames he's still the ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEg1vYdjIYM
    Xiaohai at his
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxwBZBJImdQ
    If you missed heres Xian ? slapping everyone at the canada cup
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    1.Rugal
    rugal_hq1.jpg
    This should have been obvious. For those who don't know my name comes from one of his special moves.
    I enjoy using him in CVS2.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSmEKUzoWJ4

LMAO at Gill being unstoppable. Gill ain't got ? Rugal. If you can beat this guy you are a gaming ? .
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    leonaexn.jpg

Leona was my first favorite character. It was the first time I saw a chick that can kick ass that was cool to play, sorta how Trinity did it for the matrix. I didn't even ? with charge characters like that, but I learned how.

King-Of-Fighters-XI-Game-Character-Official-Artwork-Kim-Kap-Hwan.jpg

KOF was the kind of game where I'd just go on character binges, Kim was my second. A fighter with nothing but kicks and moves that kept catching me off guard. I played as him in training mode to learn my opponent, ended up using him my damn self. Using the same ? on my homies that the cpu kept ? me with.

166567.jpg

King was my next character obsession. The ? got hands for real. Had a friend that mastered her ? and kept her as his last line of defense. Just in case the first two failed him, King would come through and wreck shop. Once again, I played with her in training mode to get a grasp of what I was up against. And once again, I started putting her in my own line up.

• kzzl
    Options
    terry-kofxiii.jpg

Terry ? Bogard, my front runner. Terry's the kind of pc that I just fell into naturally. His moves set just rolled off the thumbs for me. Burning Knuckle's, ? Shots, and Power Geyser's became second nature. Great for getting split second openings while my opponent was caught in animations. But the ? became muscle memory, had me doing it at the wrong times. Failing to predict openings and impulse motions have lost me plenty a match.

• kzzl
    Options
    1838159-robertwinxiii.png

Robert Garcia, the cool guy's shotokan. Dude is like the more precise version of Street Fighters shotokan legends. Same motions for similiar move sets as Ryu, but they're more direct. His flying spin kick launches across the screen. His fire ball is more of a blast and is stationary. While the powered up version fills the entire screen just about and travels across the stage in the blink of an eye. His dragon punch is exactly what you'd expect from a dragon bunch. With a dive kick similiar to Akuma, but with slow recovery animation if blocked or dodged. My second runner up.
  • kzzl
    edited December 2012
    Options
    2. Iroi
    King_Of_Fighters_XI_Game_Character_Official_Artw.jpg
    Series debut: KOF 95

Irori Yagami, the character responsible for the greatest versus fight I've ever had and will never have again. Me and another homie of mine took an interest in dude. My homie was real good with him and ? was competitive with all of us. So one day after months of practice and wins stacked up with the others, I finally fought the guy. We both picked Iori and just zoned out so many matches I lost count. But if you left that controller with a loss, you could never pick that character again. That was the rule. ? went HAM. Purple fire and super combo's every where. The ? was crazy, the ? was epic.

My third and greatest character to fight with.
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    1838159-robertwinxiii.png

Robert Garcia, the cool guy's shotokan. Dude is like the more precise version of Street Fighters shotokan legends. Same motions for similiar move sets as Ryu, but they're more direct. His flying spin kick launches across the screen. His fire ball is more of a blast and is stationary. While the powered up version fills the entire screen just about and travels across the stage in the blink of an eye. His dragon punch is exactly what you'd expect from a dragon bunch. With a dive kick similiar to Akuma, but with slow recovery animation if blocked or dodged. My second runner up.

I use to run Robert in Neo Geo battle Colosseum
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    @Sion and @Killacham I know you see this thread
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No terry or joe? Wack list
  • genocidecutter
    edited December 2012
    Options
    dixinormus wrote: »
    No terry or joe? Wack list

I based my list on how much I use a character.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread makes me wanna download KOF13 from PS+ even tho I suck at fighting games....? it, downloading now lol
  • genocidecutter
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This thread makes me wanna download KOF13 from PS+ even tho I suck at fighting games....? it, downloading now lol

Just do it you won't regret it. @ocelot get in this thread ?
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *enters thread still not seeing how this overrated series made it to 13*

Ok this on PS+... Set up the tourney ?

Kim>