Did anyone cop Guild Wars 2? (PC)

Options
BoldChild
BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
Game looks dope, I'm getting it in the next 2 weeks or so.

Gameplay:

Mini dungeon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Sh0WIjeC4

WvW (pvp server against server)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l-X9D0pXoc

Character creation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4d_ms2XaYc

Trailer from back in 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OyHwqokkKk

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really wanted to try it out. I played the original GW for a little while, i didnt like the controls at all. Currently im Playing WoW just for ? and gigs, but would like to try something new especially a game that doesnt have a subscription fee.; If you do cop it please let me know how it is. Have you played a lot of Mmo's?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? looks dope but i don't got the comp for it.
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Vaas wrote: »
    ? looks dope but i don't got the comp for it.

Yeah, for an MMO this one is pretty up there. (in requirements)
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I really wanted to try it out. I played the original GW for a little while, i didnt like the controls at all. Currently im Playing WoW just for ? and gigs, but would like to try something new especially a game that doesnt have a subscription fee.; If you do cop it please let me know how it is. Have you played a lot of Mmo's?

Haven't played a lot of MMO's, but I been playing them on and off since I was in middle school(10 years on and off), I have a select few that I like.

GW2 is pretty different from most MMO's. For one, there is no dedicated healer class, each class has there ons specific healing abilities that they can use on themselves, or other party members. They scrapped the idea of the typical healer class, cause you know, not a lot of people want to get stuck playing healer.

- There are a few platform like aspects because of jump puzzles, like the one shown in that video, but I don't think that was an actual jump puzzle, I hear they are a lot harder.

- During combat you can actually physically dodge attacks, which is an important aspect of battle.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got it, haven't played since the Halloween event though. Claw of Jormag fights are GOAT, event chains in lvl 75+ too(when they aint bugged). Hard as the jump puzzles can be, crazy how satisfying it is to get through one, even if the chest gives you trash.
  • BoldChild
    Options
    @dogfromduckhunt

What CPU do you have? I've been hearing bad things. People with i5 2500k, and high tier GPU's. been claiming to have low fps in WvW, and towns.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    @dogfromduckhunt

What CPU do you have? I've been hearing bad things. People with i5 2500k, and high tier GPU's. been claiming to have low fps in WvW, and towns.

AMD FX-6100. Been running smooth with max graphics from day 1.

Edit:

gpu- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127608
  • BoldChild
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well, it was $15 off, and an additional $20 off the deluxe edition, so I went ahead and got it.

gwloadinh.png
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Been playing for about 4 days now, and finally got to level 3, and I'm enjoying it so far.

First thing,

Obviously, this isn't like your standard, and it's not like GW 1 either.

It still has the little storyline thing you can do, but they are more like optional quest on the side, unlike the missions that were a lot of times required in the GW 1 expansions.

The game is way more open world than GW 1, the instances that are in GW 2 or either dungeons, or very small areas made for short storyline quest.

Gameplay

It kind of feels more like an action game than your standard rpg, there really is no tank, healers or anything like that, My character is a warrior, and if I get boss aggro I have to switch to gun (if I'm not already using it for some reason) make sure to dodge the bosses attacks with the evade button, and when my evade is on cool down, I just have to run in circles and kite the boss untill he goes to attack someone else, or until I can use evade again.

Leveling

It's not really a grind, nor is it quest heavy. In each map they have these things called events that will require players to ? a boss monsters, or defend an area or something, and they also have these heart quest things that are kind of an upgrade from your standard rpg quest...I'll just post a vid of someone doing events. No need to actually party with other people if you don't want to, the game automatically fairly distributes credit, you're free to attack any mobs someone else is fighting if you need credit or whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15_I0I6ckcU
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Still playing WoW. Almost got all my end game ? , I want to do it as a tank tho so ive been leveling My monk pretty ? . Will follow this thread to see updates tho, ive been looking for a new MMO to play. Only one im really looking forward to is Elder Scrolls at the moment but dunno how that will turn out.
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Got to 70 and headed over to the straits of devastation. Thought the area was going to be dead like other mid level zones, but there was a good amount of people there, so we got some event action.

? was crazy, GW2 is sort of like a hybrid between an action rpg and a standard mmorpg. (mostly mmorpg, but it was a lot of attributes of an A RPG)

We had to defend this area from a constant wave of undead, and I was like 4 levels underlevel, and hadn't got the waypoint in that area, so I was scared as ? that i was gonna die.

Some of them had this chain yank "get over here" ability, if they monster that yanks you is by itself, you can just run away, but if you get yanked right in the middle of the horde, you better hope you have enough endurance to evade away, cause they will all immediately target you and start blasting you with these life drains.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone in the IC play this?
  • Hevalisk
    Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well, since they are releasing an expansion soon, they made the main game free to play.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/play-for-free-today/
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Kind of want to start playing this but not sure if my PC can handle it.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I brought this game and forgot i had it completely
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would if it came to consoles, looks like it's the truth.