Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kurt Angle
    i clicked angle without looking at any videos.... but jeesh
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taz
    I slick think sometimes, why they let tazz beat angle, then do nothing with him while letting angle get small elements of Wat taz was doing
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kurt Angle
    tazz looked like he ws really hurting people with some of those suplexxes
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Taz
    DWO wrote: »
    tazz looked like he ws really hurting people with some of those suplexxes

look @ 2:23 of this video. Tazz destroys Mikey Whipwreck with a head & arm capture suplex. With a better quality shot, I think I seen a tooth fly out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRXPriV3fNo
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taz
    There was no wrestler like tazz. Bruh, has thee dopest suplexes and can catch you from any move. WWE horribly misused him because he's black. I know he had neck problems but they should have kept his image up to par instead of jobbing him.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taz
    yeah, Taz was misused as well.

How you go from breaking Kurt Angle's undefeated streak to feuding with 60 y/o announcers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blO5nQ012w8

His height did him no favors. You know how VKM loves 6'4 and up, regardless of ability. And with the WWF implementing so many regulations on how to wrestle their style, Tazz didn't fit into their plans.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Son Tazz went to the same Hs I went to he showed up once to a after school program ? they was doing son short as ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taz
    There was no wrestler like tazz. Bruh, has thee dopest suplexes and can catch you from any move. WWE horribly misused him because he's black. I know he had neck problems but they should have kept his image up to par instead of jobbing him.
    Taz was GOAT in ECW.

I think part of the reason he never made it is because of his neck (which he broke in ECW), the biggest reason is obviously his size (NPI). Also add the fact that Taz wasn't a Vince McMahon creation and Vince couldn't add or subtract enough elements to erase Heyman's influence without changing him totally and you have why he never made it.

He was another guy like Ken Shamrock where his intensity spoke better than he did, a big time intense face definitely could have been used back then, especially when two of your top faces are comedic (Foley and Rock). You definitely could have tempered that with a very straightforward ass kicker.

Its truly sad, homie didn't even get to be IC champion, he might hae won the ? title but that was nothing. He deserved a lot better.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taz
    While we on he subjet Raven is another one. I remember Raven basically begging to stay in the 'E, he changed a lot of his character while he was there to make himself more marketable to Vince but they fired him anyway. I'm sure this is part of the reason Raven hates the 'E now.

Some of those ECW guys got "exposed" as hams whose only talent was mutiliation of themselves and their opponents but guys Vince should have snapped up like Raven, Taz and Mike Awesome even got misused. Hell Vince waited until RVD was watered down before he gave him that main event push, RVD winning the strap in 2002-2003 would have been HUGE instead he won the title and it was just a feel good moment...like when Christian and Rey Mysterio won the strap, it was done for the moment not for the push afterwards.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taz
    Cosign, misuse of taz in ring skill/brutality, misuse use of raven mind and psychology, and misuse of rvd being probably one of the hottest and having legit drawing power imo