• geechee slim
    geechee slim Members Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue magic hair grease
    Coco butter lotion
    Toothpaste
  • BlackCat
    BlackCat Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="Khaleesi;6654612"

I've observed that my hair is a bit dryer than it was when I used to straighten bi-weekly... & using oils makes my hair feel clumpy & nasty within a few days. Not sure what to do about this.

Products I use: Cantu shea butter, hawaiian silk spray, Jamaican castor oil, some other oil that I can't remember right now, creme of nature leave in conditioner, creme of nature shampoo, suave keratin conditioner, & Avanti silicon mix for my deep conditioning treatments.

Ofcourse I don't use all at once, my staple products that I use throughout the week are the shea butter, creme of nature leave-in.[/quote]
    My hair is natural but I blow dry it and straighten it when I'm busy with school and work so I can only wash it once every week as opposed to washing it every other day when I leave it curly. I've noticed it started to get dry when I wash it often now that it summer, so I started putting EVOO for one hour prior to shampooing. I've also switched to Redken moisturizing shampoo and conditioners. It's a bit pricy but try to stack on the jumbo sizes when they put them on sale. It's well worth it and lasts long. Trust me I wash my hair two to three times a week unless it's straight. If you put oil, try to put it only on your scalp using a qtip over night and put a little drop on your palms and rub it around your hair. It will be nicely soft and moisturized in the morning with no clump or grease. I usually use the EVOO I cook with.
  • BlackCat
    ^^^ sorry I messed up the quote :( which is why I alway stick to lurking smh
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free_Life wrote: »
    ^^^ sorry I messed up the quote :( which is why I alway stick to lurking smh

:(
  • AlbertBeats
    AlbertBeats Members Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Good for makeup is coconuts
  • scorpio4lfe
    scorpio4lfe Members Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been natural for a while now, however, I'm always looking for new products to try. There are some interesting products suggested. Can't wait to cop some.
  • BlackCat
    ^^^^ awww what a cutie pie. Love her her. So pretty in all styles
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Do that shea moisture black soap body wash ? work?

? be like 12 damn dollars a bottle, I'm like ? that ill just ? with this dove bar ?

And what a ? supposed to use for his face besides cocoa butter lotion, I aint with all them ? ass oil of olay moisturizers and ? because they look like they for white people.
  • OmegaConflict
  • OmegaConflict
    Where yall hoes at?
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought there was a big ass natural hair thread up here but a search didnt turn it up? who started this thread? anyway recently I have noticed my hair thinning at the forefront of one side of my head it wasnt a big deal at first now I noticed that ? slowly spreading down the side to the back of my head. if it was happening on both sides I wouldnt give a ? but it dont and I do

I think I sleep on that side so Ima try to switch ? up and see what happens. anybody know something that can stop this help my hair grow back. google is saying surgery...I cant afford that.