How does Dallas own the Tie-Breaker?

Options
spit_fiya
spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
When the Redskins have a better division record....? Someone school me on that because I'm not understanding .....

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have a better record vs common opponents. (aka AFC North)
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That doesn't sound right. I thought the tiebreaker goes heads up, then divisional, then common opponent
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That doesn't sound right. I thought the tiebreaker goes heads up, then divisional, then common opponent

That's what i though as well
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If we both finish 9-7 we would have the same head up and division record. Then it goes to common opponents now, it used to be conf. record before common opp. (which we would win regardless W or L next week) but since they switched it Dallas would have a 3-1 Comm opp. in comparison to our 2-2 record.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah we beat Dallas already so if they win we'd be tied head up
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »

If we both finish 9-7 we would have the same head up and division record. Then it goes to common opponents now, it used to be conf. record before common opp. (which we would win regardless W or L next week) but since they switched it Dallas would have a 3-1 Comm opp. in comparison to our 2-2 record.

o ok. dude said they had a better record within their division. That's why I was confused
  • Carthaginian
    Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »

Yes..what's even more confusing is that for Wild Card spots, Conference Record comes before Common Opponents in tiebreaking scenarios. And division records obviously dont matter
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    At least the Boyz really have to earn this by beating the team they need to jump to get that last spot.

Skins should win tho.