The Official Rookie Of The Year Award Thread

Stew
Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
edited December 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
rgiii.jpg?w=250&h=250

Andrew-Luck-300x200.jpeg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUaDbvf2G6neKGZVyaWMMmfUjI934eiI__wveZx-7ndYKC1FJ8SQ

Arguably the toughest ROTY vote ever. Who u got?

The Official Rookie Of The Year Award Thread 38 votes

Robert Griffin III
50%
sychoratplaymaker88S2Jalmighty breezeinfamous114Stewunspoken_respectt_m_a_c_f_a_n73088IbexBDBIIDStoneColdMikeyKeepOnPushingOlorun22King Lee purpngoldCottonCitySlimSleepwalkingInJapanSolitary SoldierCarthaginian 19 votes
Andrew Luck
21%
will grimeyvageneral08JDSTAYWITITYoung GunnerTheIraqPiffyHazeShadyWorldOrderHyenaKilla 8 votes
Russell Wilson
28%
ocelotCP203af.r.i.c.a.DOPEdweebzCallMeWelvinBuilt 4 cuban linxGoonerbignormblackjack2012ericb4prezRubato Garcia 11 votes

Comments

• BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robert Griffin III
    Of course my vote is Griff..but if Russ won it I wouldn't trip. Those two are 1a and 1b.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where are the other nominees?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Robert Griffin III
    Seawawks was average/good without wilson. they just needed a qb. Andrew Luck been saved by his Defense plenty of times and throws a lot of picks.
  • sychorat
    sychorat Members Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robert Griffin III
    RGIII All Day Long. But I ain't mad at Luck or Wilson. They're making it happen too.
  • Matt-
    Seawawks was average/good without wilson. they just needed a qb. Andrew Luck been saved by his Defense plenty of times and throws a lot of picks.

you do realize that the seattle has a top 5 defense and the colts/redskins are somewhere in the bottom 10 right?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Robert Griffin III
    matt- wrote: »

lol they dont matter.

I could make a strong case for Wilson too no one expected anything out of him.. and thought that he was a fluke in the preseason
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited December 2012
    Robert Griffin III
    Seawawks was average/good without wilson. they just needed a qb. Andrew Luck throws a lot of picks.

you do realize that the seattle has a top 5 defense and the colts/redskins are somewhere in the bottom 10 right?

that is why i said seahawks was a good/average team without Wilson. but i coulda sworn colts d were better than i thought guess not.
  • Matt-

lol they dont matter.

luke kuechly is up for the defensive award. so if its a thread for the rookie of the year, then yeah it matters to me damnit
  • Matt-
    Seawawks was average/good without wilson. they just needed a qb. Andrew Luck throws a lot of picks.

that is why i said seahawks was a good/average team without Wilson. but i coulda sworn colts d were better than i thought guess not.

and the colts were a ? terrible team without luck now they are a playoff team.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Luck

? you dont watch none of the games....? outta here
  • vageneral08
    Andrew Luck
    Just based on him have 7 comeback wins this season, broke the rookie passing record, and has his team in the playoffs....? sounds good to me
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RGIII, then Wilson.
  • blazn101
    blazn101 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    this is a tough one, i think we will have co rookies of the year.

Russ and RG3
  • Matt-
    Wilson and RG3 will split the black vote
  • BDBIID
    Robert Griffin III
    Just based on him have 7 comeback wins this season, broke the rookie passing record, and has his team in the playoffs....? sounds good to me

Him throwing picks early in games helping the team get into early holes are partially attributed to him having comeback opportunities..

It's like praising an arsonist for putting out his own fires.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luck is probably going to take it. Just broke rookie passing yards record and took Indy from not mentioned at all to the playoffs. This could get a bit more close if Redskins get into the playoffs. I think RW finishes 3rd no matter what though.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the actual "value" of the player to the team, and I'd have to say Luck. But I feel like Russell Wilson is *currently* better than the other two.

However, after a careful, forensic audit.....

I filled this bucket up with all the ? I give.

IMG00037-20100218-1036.jpg

• vageneral08
    Andrew Luck
    The BDB wrote: »

Him throwing picks early in games helping the team get into early holes are partially attributed to him having comeback opportunities..

It's like praising an arsonist for putting out his own fires.

smh you still thinking like an ass stewie......? we was down most of the game against green bay not because of his turnovers but because the defense couldnt make the stops when most needed.....bottom line you cant put drew stanton in and say we can win.....just remember redskins won two games without RG3 so that alone will be looked at too....wilson is good but without the good defense seahawks wouldnt be the playoffs period so whoever wins it I'm cool with it
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robert Griffin III
    1. RG3 , 2. Wilson , 3. Luck
  • BDBIID
    Robert Griffin III
    Lol Won two games? Griff played the majority of that last drive then Kirk came in and made two big plays. Then in OT Rich Crawford's return put us in FG range. So you were saying.

All three have a similar amount of wins. Because of that you then have to go to stats and Griff and Russ have outplayed Luck in that department. Get mad.

Four straight games under 49% completion percentage. Them Tebow numbers LMAO.
  • vageneral08
    Andrew Luck
    The BDB wrote: »
    Lol Won two games? Griff played the majority of that last drive then Kirk came in and made two big plays. Then in OT Rich Crawford's return put us in FG range. So you were saying.

All three have a similar amount of wins. Because of that you then have to go to stats and Griff and Russ have outplayed Luck in that department. Get mad.

Four straight games under 49% completion percentage. Them Tebow numbers LMAO.

ok he wasnt playing on the game winning drive if ya'll had lost you wouldnt be saying that ? and you ? wasnt even sure ya'll would win with RG3 so dont act cocky now because ya'll just started winning again.....luck bout to throw for 4400 yards most yards by a rookie ever so ya'll keep missing me with that stat ? .....almost any rookie qb can succeed in that basic ass offense ya'll run open up the playbook for RG3 then holla at me
  • greenwood1921
    edited December 2012
    So it has begun...

Peyton vs Brady

Flacco vs Ryan.

RGIII vs Luck.

• greenwood1921
    So it has begun...

Peyton vs Brady

Romo vs Vick

Flacco vs Ryan.

RGIII vs Luck.

Forgot one.
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Russell Wilson
    Rg3 isn't going to win r.o.y and I would put money on that.

I think luck or wilson got it.