NFL Edition: For the fans of bad/mediocre teams how far is your team from contending?

Options
5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
In my honest opinion, when I look at the Jets, we have some talent on both sides of the ball. I think we just need to retool. We need to address the QB situation, either bring in Mike Vick, Alex Smith, Matt Moore etc. Let McElroy start in '13, either way we need to draft a QB in '14 and let him sit for a year or two behind the vet starter.

We have a solid offensive line, just need to add some depth, we were thin this year on the line.

This offseason we must retain LaRon Landry, he was a beast this year at safety, bring back Yeremiah Bell for one more year. Re sign Braylon Edwards and Dustin Keller and upgrade the RB position.

This upcoming draft would be spent on addressing the LB position, we need a pass rusher in the worst way, we need to load up on pass rushers and o linemen.

So in '13 we have (for arguments sake) Vick at QB, Mendenhall or Jackson at RB, a healthy Holmes to go along with Braylon and Hill and Kerley with Keller at TE.

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I believe we're a couple DB's away from being dominant. We found 1 player to fix our offense.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't even ? know anymore. i thought coming into this season, if we had a good defense we'd be a playoff team for sure. and now we are top 10 in yards allowed and top 15 in points allowed and still stuck in the 6-8 win bubble.

but just to participate, we need jordan gross to be gone. he couldn't block a defensive end if he were a charging turtle. also need a legit strong safety and a starting caliber corner. and a punt/kick returner and decent puner and kicker. special teams was the biggest weakness. if not for that and fluke plays, the panthers would be sitting on at least 8 wins right now.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    i don't even ? know anymore. i thought coming into this season, if we had a good defense we'd be a playoff team for sure. and now we are top 10 in yards allowed and top 15 in points allowed and still stuck in the 6-8 win bubble.

but just to participate, we need jordan gross to be gone. he couldn't block a defensive end if he were a charging turtle. also need a legit strong safety and a starting caliber corner. and a punt/kick returner and decent puner and kicker. special teams was the biggest weakness. if not for that and fluke plays, the panthers would be sitting on at least 8 wins right now.

i_hug_that_feel.png

nh
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

i_hug_that_feel.png

nh

tumblr_mcpt6n1XVK1rpbxguo1_500.gif
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dallas New coaching staff, and o-line
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This wont be long.

Raiders are starting a whole new regime. They cut 26 players from last year cause of wack contracts. RIP AL DAVIS but bruh was giving millions to track stars. Reggie Mckenzie help the packers build a good team that won a superbowl..

We hired a young coach who I think is staying with the team,no more firing coaches. But bringing in Greg Knapp was a huge mistake he was here in 07 and had our offense dead last and we had a top 10 offense in '10 and '11. But this year the running game is ? since Knapp has us running a zone blocking scheme that our offensive line does not fit. And if the O-line cant block DMC cant find holes to run through. We been a Power Block team first and been top 5 in rushing with a Power Block Scheme. Defense has been suspect but we have some players to build around on defense. Tyvon Branch/Huff playing CB was a good move hes been solid. Miles Burris and Phillip Wheeler been good additions as well.

We have 17 free agents this year about 2 will be back (Wheeler and Lechler) the rest are gone. Seymour will be gone aswell 15mill for a DT who hasnt done ? this year? Tommy Kelly might be cut unless he restructures. We finally have 1st round pick havent had one in 2seasons cause of the Palmer and Seymour trade. With our bad record I see us getting a top 5 pick and drafting the LB from Notre Dame.
    Greg Knapp will not be back,we will go out and get a real OC and get some linemen. A RT,RG and LG.
    We have a good young solid WR, DHB/Moore/Streater/Criner and FORD (who missed the whole year)

We will finally have some money to work with and bring in players who wanna play ball not players who can run fast. I believe Reggie can fix this team next season. He came when he had no picks till the last pick in the 3rd round and had no money to work with and bring in free agents. I see us bringing in some solid players in free agents maybe 1 big named player and other good ones.

This team was 8-8 2 years in a row looking like they would turn it around. But we took a different approach this season. We will get rid of alot of players and bring in some real football players. The offense will be on point and back to power blocking. We will be a much better team next year. It all depends on the draft and free agent signings.And with the coaching staff,if knapp is gone the offense will be top 10......

Anything can happen Dolphins went 1-15 one season and the year after they went 11-5 and won the division.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    appropriate song for this thread

http://youtu.be/x31YyQqf2ys
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Eagles are a QB, Oline, and defense with a heart away from contending
  • 5th Letter
    Options

not impressed with Foles?
  • _Menace_
    Options
    The Eagles are a QB, Oline, and defense with a heart away from contending[/quote]

Word is yall letting Nnamdi go...we'll bring him back to play FS
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »

Foles hasn't been impressive against any good defenses. Anyways, we're a HEALTHY oline(+ a new guard), new db's, and a qb away from contending....
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not at all. When I see dude, all I see is a career journeyman Quarterback. Foles is like the dude who you bring in to fill the void until you get a real franchise QB. Then again, you never know. The good thing about the fact he'll prolly get a chance next season is we'll either see him fall on his face, or he'll be the man
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    I'm impressed with Foles. Dude is a bright young star....

For the other team. Give that man an extension.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

Not at all. When I see dude, all I see is a career journeyman Quarterback. Foles is like the dude who you bring in to fill the void until you get a real franchise QB. Then again, you never know. The good thing about the fact he'll prolly get a chance next season is we'll either see him fall on his face, or he'll be the man

same way i feel about our 7th round qb

• mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Bucc's one more CB, JOsh to be consistent, D line needs to stay healthy and two new O linemen
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @menace... I hope they draft
    Lb from notre dame...cornerback is horrible....wouldnt mind the DT from utah also...i could see DHB getn cut too...
  • _Menace_
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    @menace... I hope they draft
    Lb from notre dame...cornerback is horrible....wouldnt mind the DT from utah also...i could see DHB getn cut too...

DHB is still developing you see what he can do when he has the ball in open field. I think he might restructure his contract.

DHB-GIF.gif
    heyward2-11-4-12.gif
    dhbback.gif
    raiders6.gif
    dhb.gif
    reeddown.gif

If the coaching staff was smart they'd draft Dude from Notre dame and keep McClain and turn the defense into a 3-4 and draft a DT in the 3rd round.

I say they keep huff at CB and pick a CB and FS in free agency
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think once we get rid of that roger goodell guy on the squad we will be back to where we are supposed to be
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My team is a QB, RB, WR, OL, DL, LB, CB, FS, and SS away from contending!!!
  • _Menace_
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »

Chiefs fan?
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tampa. Had a spark when we started but now...you get it.
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    Tampa. Had a spark when we started but now...you get it.

Nah they straight they just need to learn how to finish the season!!!
  • 1CK1S
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    icks86 wrote: »

Chiefs fan?

Jags!!!
  • 5th Letter
    Options
    Tebow is gonna be a Jag lol.
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont feel like typing alla that