The OTTB 2013 WWE PPV Thread: TLC 12.15)

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited January 2014 in The Forum of Fame
PPV SCHEDULE FOR REMAINDER OF THE YEAR UP TO WM;

Date Event Venue City Ref.
August 18, 2013 SummerSlam Staples Center Los Angeles, California [9]
September 15, 2013 Night of Champions Joe Louis Arena Detroit, Michigan [9]
October 6, 2013 Battleground First Niagara Center Buffalo, New York [9]
October 27, 2013 Hell in a Cell American Airlines Arena Miami, Florida [9]
November 24, 2013 Survivor Series TD Garden Boston, Massachusetts [9]
December 15, 2013 TLC Toyota Center Houston, Texas [9]
January 26, 2014 Royal Rumble TBA TBA
February 23, 2014 Elimination Chamber TBA TBA
April 6, 2014 WrestleMania ? Mercedes-Benz Superdome New Orleans, Louisiana [9]

Royal_Rumble_2013_Poster.jpg

WWE Champion CM Punk vs. The Rock

20130107_LIGHT_RR_match-pre_rock-punk_C-homepage2.jpg

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will compete in his first World Title match in more than a decade when he challenges WWE Champion CM Punk, the longest-reigning WWE Title holder of the past quarter-century, at Royal Rumble on Jan. 27.

World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio vs. Big Show (Last Man Standing Match)

20130123_LIGHT_RR_delrio_show_C.jpg

At Royal Rumble, World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio will defend his newly acquired championship gold against Big Show in a Last Man Standing Match.

30-Man Royal Rumble Match

rumble2013_preview_pic.jpg

The prestigious 30-Superstar Royal Rumble Match - a test of endurance, athleticism and survival at all cost - returns Jan. 27, 2013, with its winner earning a World Title Match at WrestleMania 29.

WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No vs. Team Rhodes Scholars

20130114_LIGHT_RR_HellNo_RhodesScholars_C.jpg

Having already scored a massive non-title victory over WWE Tag Team Champions Team Hell No, the Team Rhodes Scholars combo of Cody Rhodes & Damien Sandow will look to repeat their good fortune — this time, in title competition — when they face Kane & Daniel Bryan at Royal Rumble.

U.S. Champion Antonio Cesaro vs. The Miz (Pre-Show)[/color]

20130122_LIGHT_RR_preshow_C.jpg

The Miz goes head-to-head with United States Champion Antonio Cesaro on the free online Royal Rumble Pre-Show this Sunday at 7:30 ET/4:30 PT. The Pre-Show will stream live on WWE.com, YouTube.com and Facebook.com.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    son rocky looking aged
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rock beating two of the biggest stars in the wwe within a year???
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rock doesn't deserve to win over Punk for the title. The Rock is one of the G.O.A.T's, he held his own and skyrocketed to being a superstar.

Rock served his time as champ over and over, he handed out great matches and put plenty of people over.

He started his movie character w the Scorpion King character, from there he jumped into Hollywood stardom. He left wrestling, and I don't have a problem w that, he went w his hustle and followed the money, I would've too. He's not a wrestler anymore though, he's a movie actor.

Jan 27 Rock will win the title, what usage will they get out of him? WM comes around April 7th, I think, so he will be champ a little over 2 months. In that 2 months I don't see him wrestling, I see him just talking. I say that because his Hollywood career >>> than the wrestling career, so he won't risk his body for matches and getting injured.

We might be looking at a dull ass run as champ for Rocky. I just don't think it's worth it and its not what the fans want. The new era of fans don't know Rock like AE fans do. They don't care for "The Rock".

They better have a great back-up storyline to hold this together, something needs to come out of this. Definitely a new title design and hopefully some good ? , like a heel turn for Cena or something.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hoping Mark Henry returns at the Royal Rumble and wins.
    The creator of the Hall of Pain needs championship gold around his waist again.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I agree with Vibe. This extended title run by Punk makes the WWE Championship mean more than years past. Giving The Rock the belt would not be smart. He is a gimmick now. Nothing more. I could see anyone but John Cena interfering and costing The Rock the belt. If it is John Cena, I'm done with wrestling, cause we all know what that will set up.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Would anyone else be surprised if Dolph Ziggler wins the Royal Rumble with the breifcase and gets two championship matches at wrestlemania??? Could Ziggler be the next undisputed champion????
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Would anyone else be surprised if Dolph Ziggler wins the Royal Rumble with the breifcase and gets two championship matches at wrestlemania??? Could Ziggler be the next undisputed champion????

I've been thinking about this for some time
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options

I've been thinking about this for some time

That would make a pretty dope mania
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ion think they'll put ziggler in the rumble, it'd be cool if rock won, then cena turnt heel talm bout, "ive been the company man all this time, but the rock just shows up and u give him the damn title shot!"
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Options
    lmaoooo that ? will be GOAT if dolph ziggler did that! hol hol hol..... who will cena face at R.R????
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Yo that would be GOAT...but I swear I've been saying that I thought he would cash the MITB and lose (thought it would happen to Sheamus or that he'd lose that match vs Cena) and then he'd win the rumble.
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Options
    ric flair old ass back i hope he not gon be in the storyline that much... his time gone time for wwe to push the new talent and future hall of famers out there i mean ric prolly had one of the GOAT wrestling careers ever but let it go ric
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Options
    i said prolly lol... that should be factual lol
  • VIBE
    Options
    I can't lie, I'm kinda mad the Rock gets the title.

I've never boo'd the guy, but I might find myself doing so this time around.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    The odds CM Punk beats The Rock?
  • VIBE
    Options
    Psh, not even sure, if Rock loses to Punk I'd be hella shocked.

Rock loses to Punk, Cena winner of the rumble wins the title from Punk and sets up Rock vs Cena, in which Rock beats Cena.

I doubt they do it that way.
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Options
    why the hell they making a part 2 of rock vs cena?????
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Why people assuming ? b4 it ever happens? Didnt yall say The Rock would lose to Cena at WM and he didnt? Who knows.. let the ? breathe..
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Options
    maybe b/c wrestling becoming so predictable which makes us fans cleo the psychic! lol

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the rock wins at the rumble then he puts someone over at mania (most likely cena) and drops the title on some pass the baton ?
  • Siqnih Da Trapper
    Options
    if cena win watch he make rock tap out!
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Rock vs Cena 2
    Triple H vs Brock Lesnar 2

WOAT Wrestlemania
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know ec isnt until next month but....
    Eliminationchamber_original_original.jpg?1357335556
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    i know ec isnt until next month but....
    Eliminationchamber_original_original.jpg?1357335556

Maybe ziggler cashes in on the winnerof rock vs punk
  • VIBE
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Why people assuming ? b4 it ever happens? Didnt yall say The Rock would lose to Cena at WM and he didnt? Who knows.. let the ? breathe..

I think it's easy to see though.

Cena announced he will be in the RR, chances of him losing are actually slim.

Punk vs Rock @ the RR, Rocky will win.

If Cena is in the RR the same night Rock wins the title, what do you see happening?

Unless they flip the script.
This discussion has been closed.