WELCOME to THE 300 CLUB (BENCH, SQUAT, DEADLIFT, BARBELL SHRUGS 300+ pounds)

Options
waterproof
waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
This thread is for those who are in the 300 club, it's not as elite as those who in the 400, 500 or 600 pound club but it's still an elite group.

After years of knee, shoulder injuries and in and out of the gym, i have finally rejoined the 300 club again and it feels great..

Due to hard ass ? work, and heavy ass lifting i have rejoined the club today, went to GOLDS GYM and BENCH, SQUAT, DEADLIFT and BB SHRUGS 300+ pounds.....

at the end of 2013 i aiming to join the 400 club....

IF YOU ARE IN THE 300 CLUB come in and get your membership and share with us what got you to this elite club and to help those who want to join the club.

EAT BIG, SLEEP HEAVY AND LIFT BIG!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I usually take my sets to 8-12 reps, but for lower reps....

Conventional Dead 405x5 I barely do these though.
    Romanian Dead 315x6
    :( Flat Bench 275x6 (never really tried a 1RM bench), DBs 120x8 solid
    Back Squat (deep) 290x6 / 265x10 ..........I've done 315 for 3 shallow, but won't count it unless I go below parallel with it......
    BB Shrug 330x12, prefer the Hammer Strength shrug machine though to BB

I'm knocking on the door, not quite, but I'll be there in a minute.

I go to gold's too, and got a powertec power rack at the crib. with that said.....? it, i might go do some partials of 315 and drop back to 300 to see if I can crank out 3 deep reps.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn you guys are all beast
    only thing I can do 300+ is my shrug
  • waterproof
    Options
    I usually take my sets to 8-12 reps, but for lower reps....

Conventional Dead 405x5 I barely do these though.
    Romanian Dead 315x6
    :( Flat Bench 275x6 (never really tried a 1RM bench), DBs 120x8 solid
    Back Squat (deep) 290x6 / 265x10 ..........I've done 315 for 3 shallow, but won't count it unless I go below parallel with it......
    BB Shrug 330x12, prefer the Hammer Strength shrug machine though to BB

I'm knocking on the door, not quite, but I'll be there in a minute.

I go to gold's too, and got a powertec power rack at the crib. with that said.....? it, i might go do some partials of 315 and drop back to 300 to see if I can crank out 3 deep reps.

@leftcoastkev stop bullshitting and join the club, if you can rep 275 for 6x you can easily throw up 300 pounds at least 3x, and go to the squat rack put the sides bar at parallel height just in case you cant get it up and squat that 300.......

and when you get there come and get that membership, you is right at the door just turn that ? and walk in, it's all in the mind and you know this....
  • waterproof
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    damn you guys are all beast
    only thing I can do 300+ is my shrug

@RodrigueZz

300 POUND CLUB

300 BENCH
    300 SQUAT
    300 DEADLIFTS
    300 BARBELL SHURGS

YOU WILL BE THERE IN NO TIME, keep hitting hard and heavy and be consistent, keep benching, squatting, deadlifting, barbell shurgging and add in dips and chin's if you cant do it on your own use the assist machines, i do and it helps out your strength..

all those exercise i mention is for strength and will add slabs of muscle and get you strong in no time...
  • waterproof
    Options
    @RodrigueZz IN THE WARRIOR'S THREAD ON PAGE 4 & 5 there is some gems in there to help you out with getting stronger....stay in tune because i will be updating jewels in that thread
  • LUClEN
    Options
    word im gonna check that out
    thanks for the drops

you been keepin this place up to date single handedly
    much appreciated
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    formerly deadlifting 425, leg press 425 (barely, hurt my lower back doing it once 'cause I shifted a little in the seat), squats at over 300 on a hammer strength machine (that count?)

I'll get back there again... Should take too long.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I squat 315 almost on a regular. Maxed out at about 365.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    315x8 bench
    315x8 squat
    495x3 dead lift
    515x6 shrugs

• waterproof
    Options
    2nia4oh.png

350 on my shrugs.

be at 400 by march.

@BlackSamson - you strong ass ni@@a gives us your stats

BENCH - ???

SQUAT - ???

DEADLIFT - ???

SHURGS - 350
  • waterproof
    Options
    formerly deadlifting 425, leg press 425 (barely, hurt my lower back doing it once 'cause I shifted a little in the seat), squats at over 300 on a hammer strength machine (that count?)

I'll get back there again... Should take too long.

@konceptjones damn 425 deadlifts??? that's ? heavy, i am leg pressing 700 for 3x8, not half leg presses but all the way down to the shoulders

what's your stat's, and i asked everybody because those who are there can come in and help others to get there, if anybody want to join the club, it's good to ask these posters..... i will post a strength program in here also,.

BENCH - ???

SQUAT - ???

DEADLIFT - ???

SHURGS - 300
  • waterproof
    Options
    I squat 315 almost on a regular. Maxed out at about 365.

@Truthwriter stats bruh where you at

BENCH - ???

SQUAT - 365

DEADLIFT - ???

SHURGS - ????

• waterproof
    Options
    315x8 bench
    315x8 squat
    495x3 dead lift
    515x6 shrugs

@DoUwant2go2Heaven damn what you on Sampson the Nazirite diet and weight training program????
    now stop playing and get in that 400 club...

and share with us how you got where you at, type of weight lifting program and diet
  • waterproof
    Options
    Id still ? yall ? up tho. Yall doin the most for no reason. Cant do 10 push ups, ? . Lol.

How about you stop being envy and come join this club, just hard ass work and heavy lifting, we here for you brother come join us...

and i pretty sure we can do 10 push up's
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    315x8 bench
    315x8 squat
    495x3 dead lift
    515x6 shrugs

@DoUwant2go2Heaven damn what you on Sampson the Nazirite diet and weight training program????
    now stop playing and get in that 400 club...

and share with us how you got where you at, type of weight lifting program and diet

Lol @ samson diet. I've been lifting since 2007. I started after I got saved and delivered from drug/alcohol addiction. The LORD led me to the gym and it's been game on ever since then.

I started lifting and I was probably 175. I weighed myself yesterday and I am 231. I don't know my bf %, but I would assume its around 12%

As far as how I got here, it's all about hard-work, consistency, and dedication. When I first started lifting in 2007, I enrolled in a weight lifting class at school. After seeing early results, I was motivated to continue at it. After the semester ended I got a gym membership and I kept at it.

It's a slow grind in body-building but the more you stick with it, the more results you will see. It took me 4 years to get to 3 plates on the bench. It don't come over night. But with hard work, it will pay off.

My work out regiment varies. Last year I stopped lifting for over 6 months because of life issues. But for the last 3 months I have been back on my grizzy getting it in. Over christmas break i've been doing double days. One workout in the AM and one in the PM for 5 days a week. Cardio is done at least 3x a week for 30-45 min a session.

I like to do high volume training. So i hit at least 5-7 exercises for 4-6 sets at 6-10 reps for the body part I'm training.

My diet at the moment is not exact. When i feel like eatig good, For breakfast I eat 6 hard boiled egg whites. For snacks I eat banannas, baby carrots, brocili, sugar snap peas. For lunch/dinner I eat fish, tri-tip, whole chicken, sweet potatoe.

When I'm not eating good i eat a lot of dinner rolls, cheese, chic-fil-a, and cheese burgers.

And I supplement my protein intake with Lean Pro Matrix chocolate flavor! Best tasting protein ever. Plus it has 34 grams a serving.

Right now my goals are to start getting more shredded. I got good size and cuts already, so all I really have to do is make what I got pop more.

4 plates on my bench and squat are my next goals. Slowly I'm working my way toward that goal.

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    @leftcoastkev stop bullshitting and join the club, if you can rep 275 for 6x you can easily throw up 300 pounds at least 3x, and go to the squat rack put the sides bar at parallel height just in case you cant get it up and squat that 300.......

and when you get there come and get that membership, you is right at the door just turn that ? and walk in, it's all in the mind and you know this....

Yeah. It'll be soon. Been cutting for the past 6 weeks, with probably 4-6 more to go. Keeping my strength on all my core lifts and even gaining 5lbs here and there on a few accessory lifts. Once I get back to maintenance calorie intake I'll get back to cycling in more lower reps sets for training strength.

In reality though, I care far more about hypertrophy and building muscle far more than the weight on the bar, and higher rep schemes and time under tension have done the most for me........but since you ain't gonna get much bigger without adding that weight to the bar I still shoot for progression where possible.

However for now, during this cut, I'll be damned if I find myself grinding out flat bench press reps just for my ego and the sake of knowing I did 3 plates....ugghh. Been down that road with a shoulder issue that took some time to heal. With that said, bout to shave and hit the gym in a minute....incline DB, weighted dips, some overhead pressing, and a few accessory lifts on deck for me today.

stay focused and on the grind fellas.

Oh, and @RodrigueZz you posted something about Carnitine in another thread. Make sure you refrigerate it after opening. Hopefully you got ALCAR L-Carnitine. I really don't mess with it but, from what I've hear, that's the only one scientifically proven to have any real benefit.
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Read about this eric cressey dude that dead lifts 650 @ 190 lbs.

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *benching 175 post*
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I started benching 315 around2009\2010. The funny thing is, when I started boxing again, it didn't mean ? . But, I might go back to lifting heavy years from now
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well gawt damn, i'm only at 185. I'll see y'all in 2 years.
  • waterproof
    edited January 2013
    Options

Yeah. It'll be soon. Been cutting for the past 6 weeks, with probably 4-6 more to go. Keeping my strength on all my core lifts and even gaining 5lbs here and there on a few accessory lifts. Once I get back to maintenance calorie intake I'll get back to cycling in more lower reps sets for training strength.

In reality though, I care far more about hypertrophy and building muscle far more than the weight on the bar, and higher rep schemes and time under tension have done the most for me........but since you ain't gonna get much bigger without adding that weight to the bar I still shoot for progression where possible.

However for now, during this cut, I'll be damned if I find myself grinding out flat bench press reps just for my ego and the sake of knowing I did 3 plates....ugghh. Been down that road with a shoulder issue that took some time to heal. With that said, bout to shave and hit the gym in a minute....incline DB, weighted dips, some overhead pressing, and a few accessory lifts on deck for me today.

stay focused and on the grind fellas.

Oh, and @RodrigueZz you posted something about Carnitine in another thread. Make sure you refrigerate it after opening. Hopefully you got ALCAR L-Carnitine. I really don't mess with it but, from what I've hear, that's the only one scientifically proven to have any real benefit.

I am on a cut also and will be cutting for some time, like up to the summer time......But there is away to continuing gain strength while dropping fat. ME personally i find out with age, that ripping the muscle tissue and overloading the muscle fibers causing them to rebuild and going heavy in each set and adding weight 1 set 12 reps, add weight 2nd set 8 reps, add weight 3rd set 6 reps add more weight 4 set add weight for 4 reps produce greater strength gains, muscle hypertrophy and burn more fat........

with this i dropped 7 pounds in one week and also benching 225 incline barbell press on my 6 set for 4 reps being tired.....

in this new world of sports science and technology, supplementation, kinesiology, dieting and with a new breed of athletes and people in the fitness world, Combat Sports my goal is to get BIGGER, LEANER, STRONGER and FASTER
  • waterproof
    edited January 2013
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    *benching 175 post*

@darkone360 Keep hitting you will get there, if this can be some words of encouragement and you can try this.

In August i went back to Golds Gym, for one because of the enviorment old school weights and old school machines that look like torture devices and it wasnt a fitness club, where there you can be average and be one of the strongest person there and it's more of a show and less weights, light weights and tons of cardio machines.

I was a member at Club one Fitness and Bally's Fitness (i touch on that later in another thread soon) and let's say a different enviroment.

Now at Gold's Gym where i got to, it's not a show there it's about hitting the ? weights, there is some talk but small talk, it's not a club atmosphere, being the biggest, strongest person at fitness clubs you is ? dwarf there, lol....

There is Muscle Heads, Juice Heads, MMA fighters (Cung Lee works out at my gym), Bodybuilders Males and Females, Weightlifters, POWER LIFTERS, Strong man competitors,, Track Athletes, HS Football College Prep kids training with college trainers, Old weight lifting dudes in their 60's and 70's still getting it, People doing plyometric workouts. Females some or bodybuilders, some are track athletes, some is ladies that's about their fitness with banging bodies doing barbell lunges, squats, chins and fine as ? doing ? that will make you look at yourself different, and regular people that is about losing weight, people who is obese and people that want to be stronger and fitter all about their business, working out hard and helping each other when needed.

So i needed that atmosphere, it was time for me to leave Ballys and Club one..

I went in there swallowed my pride, i told myself that i was going to start all over AGAIN even though i was strong but i havent been in a gym for over a year, i have all the motivation i need at gold's

I went to the bench press, slap on 25's on each side and started my own workout to get stronger.

you may want to try this, this got my strong as ? in a fair amount of time.

Pick a weight out and do 4 sets of 12

say you start with 25's on each side, you do 4 sets of 12

then next week you add 2.5 pounds on each side and do 4 sets of 12 (IN EACH SET YOU HAVE TO HIT 12)

NOW SAY ON THE FIRST SET with 27.5 on each side, you did 12, then next week on your first set you add 30 pounds on each side and try to hit 12. then on the 2nd you hit 12, then next week you keep 30 and try to hit 12 for your 2nd set

now on your third set you hit 10, well next week on your third set you take off the 30's and put on 27.5 and try to hit 12 you will do that every week until you hit 12, the same for the 4th set when you hit 12 then you add 30's and do the cycle each week like that

i was doing that then in a few months i was repping 225's 4 sets of 12, and was building strength, then try to do a 1 rep of 250, 275 or 300 i bet you will hit at least one of them

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? , I made it over 200 lbs some years ago, I'm about to start weight lifting hard again and get ready, I'll be in the 300 lbs club end of the year.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    ? , I made it over 200 lbs some years ago, I'm about to start weight lifting hard again and get ready, I'll be in the 300 lbs club end of the year.

DO IT BROTHER, HARD WORK AND HEAVY LIFTING and being consistent you will be there in not time