Ya Majesty is in the building

G.Avant
G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
What's up with everybody? My beat making name is Majesty and I'm an aspiring producer just really getting started trying to gain skill and experience. Here's my track "Ya Majesty". Let me know what you think.

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't like it.

Pad sounds like the General MIDI "Fantasy" sound, reverb abuse all throughout the track, no low end at all, the Christmas jingle bells are completely out of place (get rid of 'em)... There's no substance to the track and little structure.
  • G.Avant
    Don't like it.

Pad sounds like the General MIDI "Fantasy" sound, reverb abuse all throughout the track, no low end at all, the Christmas jingle bells are completely out of place (get rid of 'em)... There's no substance to the track and little structure.

alright appreciate the feedback
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sleigh bells are wayy too loud, and i agree with koncept. Change them for some nice hats maybe.

That 808 kick you have is weak in the low end, too much mid in it imo

That pad is very weak. Needs to be layered or something. You try Nexus? Much better preset pads if you dont like building synths
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    I'd replace the bells with rides...and i'd probably put em' every 4 beats, as opposed to every second...The kick doesn't have enough thump...lil trick some folk use is to have a kick over the 808 kick...Erm...Maybe put in another riff?...a lead or piano, maybe?
  • konceptjones
    I'll throw this out to you (any anyone else that cares to know). The single best 808 kick I've ever come across can be found on TAL's (Togu Audio Line) Elek7ro plugin. The patch name is "Miami" something or other, can't remember it 'cause I'm not in front of my DAW.

Best part: Elek7ro is 100% free.

http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-elek7ro
  • konceptjones
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    sleigh bells are wayy too loud, and i agree with koncept. Change them for some nice hats maybe.

That 808 kick you have is weak in the low end, too much mid in it imo

That pad is very weak. Needs to be layered or something. You try Nexus? Much better preset pads if you dont like building synths

Nexus is unnecessary. If he's using FL Studio, then he can use some of the sounds from Sytrus or Toxic... Or layer them using the Fruity Layer plugin.
  • G.Avant
    I'll throw this out to you (any anyone else that cares to know). The single best 808 kick I've ever come across can be found on TAL's (Togu Audio Line) Elek7ro plugin. The patch name is "Miami" something or other, can't remember it 'cause I'm not in front of my DAW.

Best part: Elek7ro is 100% free.

http://kunz.corrupt.ch/products/tal-elek7ro

alright I'll definitely check that out
  • LUClEN
    FL in house synths are ass
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FL in house synths are ass

CS..Only ? I use from FL's original wares are a few kicks and the hip-hop bass...Everything else makes it too obvious that you're usin' FL
  • konceptjones
    That means (to me anyways) that you don't know how to program a synth very well and rely on stock patches. Deep programming synths, especially Sytrus and Toxic, allows you to extract some good sounds from almost anything.
  • LUClEN
    strobe >>>> every fl synth
  • G.Avant
    Yeah I agree FL Studio's stock sounds are pretty limited, but at the same time my knowledge of manipulating those sounds and creating my own are pretty limited as well.
  • G.Avant
    Don't like it.

How do you think I can improve the substance and structure of the track.