how the ? do u fire the Coach of the Month?

Comments

• SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man black coaches can't catch a dub in sports man. Tomlin holding it down for us
    if mike tomlin misses the playoffs again next year, they'll be calling for his job too

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Phil about to coach this team on his cell from a lakers suite
  • 2 Drawlz
    2 Drawlz Members Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is stupid..
    I've been critical of Coach A.J's coaching .yet he lead the Nets in their best month in franchise history.

while their two best players, for the most part were scrubs.
    DEREON out here straight scrubbing
    Joe out here playing like a ?

This is a political move.
    firing a coach of a 500. Team. after the team came off a stellar month, midway a season , doesn't make sense.

That's throwing in the towel.
    So what if the Nets were to replicate, their november performance next month?
    So they expect a new coach , with a new system & personel to turn ? around on the fly midway the season?

They surrounded this ? with trash for 3 straight years. Then when they finally surrounded him with something solid, they don't even give him 3 months
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we just gonna pretend like this ? avery ain't lose 10 outta his last 13 ballgames, lose the locker room, and ain't get embarrased on a christmas day nationally seen tv game? Wtf do y'all be on?
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually think coaches dont get fired fast enough *cough*Dwayne Casey*cough*. But this is just ridiculous 3 months in? A month away from the half way point? Unless they have Phil already in agreement to a deal this is beyond stupid, this has Pokorov's prints all over it.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    While I don't agree with this move I do understand it...

The Nets aren't tucked away/rotting in New Jersey anymore. They're now smack dab in the middle of the Tri-State/Greater NYC area. With the Knicks on a roll & running ? the Nets can't afford to slide into mediocrity in the midst of their first season in Brooklyn/NYC if they want to grab a share of the city. If you want to make it in NY you have to win in NY.

And ? are bugging if they think the Nets don't have a good enough squad to compete... like most of you weren't claiming the Nets would have a better record than the Knicks before the season started.

What the quick firing does tell me though is that once the Nets assembled their core this off season they never had Avery as a part of their long term vision for the team in the first place.
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    drake would be in his picture, ol emotional ?
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    So we just gonna pretend like this ? avery ain't lose 10 outta his last 13 ballgames, lose the locker room, and ain't get embarrased on a christmas day nationally seen tv game? Wtf do y'all be on?

Its damn shame that Brook Lopez has been their best player this season . Derron Williams has been trash all season and Joe Johnson has been ? as well. Coaches can't coach effort and those guys don't be trying

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its damn shame that Brook Lopez has been their best player this season . Derron Williams has been trash all season and Joe Johnson has been ? as well. Coaches can't coach effort and those guys don't be trying

Ehhh I dont know about this....if ? dont want to play for you, if they dont believe in your plan and your scheme. They aint gonna play for you. Now I agree that some players are just lazy ? but D.Will has been much better than this for it be contributed to laziness. Once he gets going the rest will follow...

Still its way to early to be making that call...
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    phil just wants to come back and win a championship w/ joe johnson so nobody can ever say ? again
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retarted dude at work told me bout this and I was shocked but not surprised at the same time.

Nets had a horrible december but that alone wasnt enough to get him fired. It was the ystem he was running that was iso heavy which didnt bring out the best of the franchise player's abilities. Sure deron has sucked by himself on his own but things are harder for him with this system.

The right coach woulda made marshon brooks the first player off the bench as hes a dude who can give 16+ ppg on almost any other team. But with this team he should he around 10-11 ppg and avg 25 mins a game but no hes averaging 5 ppg and 11 mins.

Nets also need to make a trade involving kris humphries

Hope avery gets a new job aoon though cuz hes a good coach. And with the whole deron thing, of course billy king and prohorov wanna give him what he wants and needs. Think what the nets would be w/o him. He put his faith in the organization with what he did this past summer.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    rage wrote: »

Ehhh I dont know about this....if ? dont want to play for you, if they dont believe in your plan and your scheme. They aint gonna play for you. Now I agree that some players are just lazy ? but D.Will has been much better than this for it be contributed to laziness. Once he gets going the rest will follow...

Still its way to early to be making that call...

Like Golic said, if you a professional athlete and you need someone to drop a Tebow speech every game for you to actually wanna play your best then you don't need to be playing pro sports.
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Wait......so Avery Johnson got fired? Daaaaamn! Imma have to call conspiracy on this ? . Black coaches don't even get to the all-star break to make difference. Whats next black coaches getting 10 day contract?
  • Matt-
    Retarted dude at work told me bout this and I was shocked but not surprised at the same time.

Nets had a horrible december but that alone wasnt enough to get him fired. It was the ystem he was running that was iso heavy which didnt bring out the best of the franchise player's abilities. Sure deron has sucked by himself on his own but things are harder for him with this system.

The right coach woulda made marshon brooks the first player off the bench as hes a dude who can give 16+ ppg on almost any other team. But with this team he should he around 10-11 ppg and avg 25 mins a game but no hes averaging 5 ppg and 11 mins.

Hope avery gets a new job aoon though cuz hes a good coach. And with the whole deron thing, of course billy king and prohorov wanna give him what he wants and needs. Think what the nets would be w/o him. He put his faith in the organization with what he did this past summer.

do you work with deron williams?
    “That system was a great system for my style of play,” Williams said of the “flex” offense run by Utah Coach Jerry Sloan. “I’m a system player. I love Coach Sloan’s system. I loved the offense there.”

Williams did nothing to discourage that interpretation when he was asked to compare the offense used by the Nets with the one he ran in Utah. “Is it as good as there? No,” he said. “There’s just more one-on-one and isos” in Johnson’s offense.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THE Net fan has finally arrived lol. I was at work all day and this alert flashed on my phone. I'm not shocked by this move to be honest. But I think its not fair at the same time.

Avery's system didnt help bring the best outta these players and it showed. ? wanna talk about Deron & Joe like they scrubs... Deron been hurt & Joe Johnson up until these last 2 games has been playin his part as a #2. ? act like Joe Johnson is a true #1 option to begin with. Yo the Nets have a deep roster, this isnt the trash ass New Jersey squad and like the one poster said you're in NY now, you're under the scope and with the Knicks winning they couldnt afford to slip any further. Avery was losing his locker room, the CEO apologized for the dud they laid on Christmas and then they got beat by the Bucks the next nite? It was a wrap. However with that said...

It wasnt all his fault.... And I really look in 1 direction when it comes to this and thats D-Will. He's my favorite player & all but I gotta call ? when I see it. Yeh this ? been hurt but he's supposed to be a superstar player. He should have NEVER publicly threw Avery under the bus. Its not Avery's fault you cant make open shots, or you pass on shots and dont take it to the rack. This ? really blew mine complaining about the system. ? took it as far back as HIGH SCHOOL & how he liked his high school system too. That was a serious "CMON SON" moment. Now he know he gotta earn that contract. Avery brought out the best outta Blatche & Brook. He was just the coach of the month and he didnt make it past month 2?! Terrible.

I actually hope we sign either JVG or Nate McMillian
  • MC The Rapper
    edited December 2012
    Derron Williams had the whole ? off season and really last year to work with Avery Johnson on the offense he wanted to run . All avery was preaching was defense I think if derron would have done what he asked on defense he could ve done whatever he wanted on offense. But now duke has ? up the team dynamic with this ? . Avery had Blatche playing better and in shape , He had Brook playing better on the glass.
  • Matt-
    Look at him talking good about Sloan now
  • Beta
    edited December 2012
    matt- wrote: »

“That system was a great system for my style of play,” Williams said of the “flex” offense run by Utah Coach Jerry Sloan. “I’m a system player. I love Coach Sloan’s system. I loved the offense there.”

Williams did nothing to discourage that interpretation when he was asked to compare the offense used by the Nets with the one he ran in Utah. “Is it as good as there? No,” he said. “There’s just more one-on-one and isos” in Johnson’s offense.

Im his cousin B..

Tell you one thing I learned about deron is, he doesnt hold his tongue and tells you exactly whats on his mind. Im not blaming the firing just on avery because its partially deron's too. I've seen him look lackadaisical way too much and when your star player acts like that it really isnt a good example. If anything, only 2 players on the nets have shown real fire. Gerald wallace and andray blatche. Also theres no reason why the nets cant win games w./o brook lopez being there.

Nate Macmillian sounds good though. Or dare I say..Jerry sloan? lol

Or even dude who used to coach the raptors when bosh was there who is now on NBA TV who's name escapes me at the moment. See whats good with SVG and and terry porter too while you at it..

EDIT: Sam mitchell

*Laughs at how many times the name Deron got butchered in this thread.*
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i think about it, it is the right decision by the Nets. Everyone knows their style of play isn't the right style, they are playing way too slow imo and need a coach who will push the ball. You out here struggling to score the ball in the half court with ? like D Will, Johnson, Brooks (who got no pt),etc, speed the damn game up and run pick and roll with D Will and Joe Johnson.
  • IceBergTaylor
    SVG already said he wasnt interested. But we do need a coach that has more an uptempo style, hell any faster tempo style is better than Avery's half court iso heavy street ball "I get the ball I go ham you go ham" offense.
  • MC The Rapper
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    When i think about it, it is the right decision by the Nets. Everyone knows their style of play isn't the right style, they are playing way too slow imo and need a coach who will push the ball. You out here struggling to score the ball in the half court with ? like D Will, Johnson, Brooks (who got no pt),etc, speed the damn game up and run pick and roll with D Will and Joe Johnson.

You have to get defensive rebounds to push the ball and how many wide open shots have D Will and Joe Johnson missed ? What does that have to do with the offensive system?
  • Matt-
    matt- wrote: »

Im his cousin B..

Tell you one thing I learned about deron is, he doesnt hold his tongue and tells you exactly whats on his mind. Im not blaming the firing just on avery because its partially deron's too. I've seen him look lackadaisical way too much and when your star player acts like that it really isnt a good example. If anything, only 2 players on the nets have shown real fire. Gerald wallace and andray blatche. Also theres no reason why the nets cant win games w./o brook lopez being there.

Nate Macmillian sounds good though. Or dare I say..Jerry sloan? lol

Or even dude who used to coach the raptors when bosh was there who is now on NBA TV who's name escapes me at the moment. See whats good with SVG and and terry porter too while you at it..

EDIT: Sam mitchell

*Laughs at how many times the name Deron got butchered in this thread.*

deron williams is you cousin?
  • IceBergTaylor
    edited December 2012
    usmarin3 wrote: »

You have to get defensive rebounds to push the ball and how many wide open shots have D Will and Joe Johnson missed ? What does that have to do with the offensive system?

Fixed.

And according to D-Will the offensive system has something to do with it. Guess he feels the spots he's gettin his shots he's not comfortable with. Not that thats any excuse either way.
  • Beta
    Somebody get Don Nelson on the line lol
  • Beta
    Nah there are times when Im watching the nets and Im like "these ? need to get in their offense quicker or run more"