how the ? do u fire the Coach of the Month?

Options
13»

Comments

• thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Williams didn't directly get him fired but once the "superstars" tune out the coach management has no choice but to fire the coach. Williams speaks his mind and he wanted more pick and roll opportunities that were similar to what Sloan ran. Deron and Johnson both having sub par seasons shooting which is really part of the problem.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    So we just gonna pretend like this ? avery ain't lose 10 outta his last 13 ballgames, lose the locker room, and ain't get embarrased on a christmas day nationally seen tv game? Wtf do y'all be on?

Its damn shame that Brook Lopez has been their best player this season . Derron Williams has been trash all season and Joe Johnson has been ? as well. Coaches can't coach effort and those guys don't be trying

Ehhh I dont know about this....if ? dont want to play for you, if they dont believe in your plan and your scheme. They aint gonna play for you. Now I agree that some players are just lazy ? but D.Will has been much better than this for it be contributed to laziness. Once he gets going the rest will follow...

Still its way to early to be making that call...

Like Golic said, if you a professional athlete and you need someone to drop a Tebow speech every game for you to actually wanna play your best then you don't need to be playing pro sports.

The ? are you talking about?
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    LOL @ ppl crying over Avery Job the nicca been there for 3 yrs not 3 months 60-113 and somebody on here said Avery had the best start in NETS history whoop deee doo that aint saying much it is the Nets....Im glad they did fire him have some of yall watched the Nets I thought I was gonna have to jump off the bridge if I have to see anymore Blatche iso's or Deron williams playing shooting guard. Avery got fired for grasping at straws, he played Gerald Wallace at Point Guard the other night. I honestly don't get why people are so quick to defend the coach
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ the shadyworld order post ^ ^ ^

I'm in agreement tho. Maybe its just because I happen to be a Laker fan but I don't see what's the big deal and outrage ether. Atleast y'all ? coach made it to late december and was ATLEAST coach of the month doin a little something at one time before he lost his locker room. My team coach got fired after 5 games which was a few games too much and hired a con man that resembles the guy on the pringles tube and the dead ? from weekend at Bernie's so forgive me for not showing no sensitivity to the brooklyn fans and just shrugging my shoulders at this ? .
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Atleast it appears that y'all GM gonna be smart enough to hire the greatest coach of alltimes if he wants the job.....wtf is there to complain about? Y'all ? should be throwing a welcoming party for Doctor Phil instead of having a pity party for Avery
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Atleast it appears that y'all GM gonna be smart enough to hire the greatest coach of alltimes if he wants the job.....wtf is there to complain about? Y'all ? should be throwing a welcoming party for Doctor Phil instead of having a pity party for Avery

its a long shot but I hope Phil does come to BK this would be GOAT.....But it is a long shot but Owner has a enough money to get Phil

• Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just can't see the triangle being executed in BK
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    Jay Z don't know ? about basketball except for sitting court side with a ? that ? half of the league before he married her. Dumb move by this so called business mind. I see putting blacks out of work is something jay z does well with hip hop and sports.

why yall bury this powerful post?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These one dimensional ass coaches (Mike Brown, Avery,etc) better learn to run offense and how to adjust to their personnel. That's why Pop and Doc are the two best coaches in the league to me, they're not arrogant enough to say "it's my system or the highway", they make the adjustment to their strengths.

Anyone with a brain would know Brooklyns problem is their pace.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    These one dimensional ass coaches (Mike Brown, Avery,etc) better learn to run offense and how to adjust to their personnel. That's why Pop and Doc are the two best coaches in the league to me, they're not arrogant enough to say "it's my system or the highway", they make the adjustment to their strengths.

Anyone with a brain would know Brooklyns problem is their pace.

I would include George Karl in the bolded. He's a master at doin what his personell fits best doin. Good coaches can coach any kinda way

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's cuz the nets owner overreacted.He has unrealistic expectations and thinks this team is championship ready

Nets went 11-4 in november and 3-10 in december with lopez missing games.They shoulda gave avery the rest of this season

Billy king needs to be held accountable too,he traded a lottery pick which ended up being lillard for gerald wallace then resigned him to 4 years 40 mil and traded for joe johnsons contract which will handicap this team for the next 3 years they have no amnesty either they already used it on travis outlaw after signing him summer '10
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Avery Johnson is a good coach

Brooklyn lost

Phil aint finna coach that team unless they are championship material

dumb ? probably finna try to hire Mike Brown instead

lol i can see the awkward press conference if mike brown gets hired

(nasal mike brown voice): Uh......yeah so um.....wheres brooklyn at! **corny mike brown laugh** um yeah so im really excited for this new start
  • 2 Drawlz
    2 Drawlz Members Posts: 777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    thagame wrote: »
    Williams didn't directly get him fired but once the "superstars" tune out the coach management has no choice but to fire the coach. Williams speaks his mind and he wanted more pick and roll opportunities that were similar to what Sloan ran. Deron and Johnson both having sub par seasons shooting which is really part of the problem.

the same play schemes, that he got tired of running in Utah ???
    N the same coach Sloan, that he got fired????

the thing with Dereon is; Coach Sloan's system, the Jazz , and Utah became stale to him and he wanted something new and different.
    he wanted freedom, and a chance to play for a bigger market.

he got his wishes, yet it ain't panned out like he thought. and realized the grass ain't greener on the other side.
    ever-since he and ? left Utah and Sloan, them ? been scrubs .

ever since he became a Net, Dereon has been inconsistent.
    he had some great performance , but for the most part he's inconsistent and he doesn't know how to run an offense on his own.
    he's realized that, and now he's teary eyed name dropping Sloan
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't get how Avery is coach of the month for October and November and when they go on a losing skid, they fire him?

I was watching the association on The Nets and Avery runs everything by Billy King and Billy even tells him who should be playing and what plays they should run at times and as soon as the ? does not work they fire Avery.

Dude put up with two sorry ass teams in New Jersey and this was a fresh start in Brooklyn, why not let him finish this year since it was his last year under contract, how are they going to do this on The Association?

So since they got P.J. as the interim coach that makes Popeye Jones behind P.J. LOL, so much for the playoffs!
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I would rather have a younger coach than Phil Jackson, maybe if this was 2002 I would be interested but in 2012 hell no to Phil.

Get Nate McMillan
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah Nate McMillan is the same as Avery slow tempo offense. I want them to take a look at Mike Budenholzer he's the spurs assistant coach. I'm not sure why he hasn't bed hired as a head coach yet
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nets went 11-4 in november and 3-10 in december
    i don't understand why ya'll care so much for avery
    yeah it sucks, but it happens.
    when dallas canned him it was the right move (they kinda won the title after so that proved em right)
    the nets this year started out ok, but then put up the reverse numbers damn near to go right back to 500.
    so you got avery johnson with a 500 team in his 3rd year.
    lol i give props to the league for brainwashing ? into thinking the brooklyn nets weren't just the new jersey nets in black
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    when dallas canned him it was the right move (they kinda won the title after so that proved em right)
    the nets this year started out ok, but then put up the reverse numbers damn near to go right back to 500.
    lol i give props to the league for brainwashing ? into thinking the brooklyn nets weren't just the new jersey nets in black

Lol I give props to you for waiting til the month of December where they went 3-10 so you could make that statement. You knew you couldnt at first. Theres still plenty of season left.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol I give props to you for waiting til the month of December where they went 3-10 so you could make that statement. You knew you couldnt at first. Theres still plenty of season left.

nah i was the opposite.
    at risk of sounding like a hater i thought that 11-4 start was a fluke like a mother ? .
    i don't like brook lopez health let alone his overall game (i think he shrinks against other bigs)
    and joe johnson just isnt a marquee player to me.
    i will admit i'm surprised about blatche. but wallace wasn't really scarin me as a major threat, and the way avery pushed marshon brooks to the end of the bench was also shocking. (although judging the two people involved its safe to assume this is all on marshon)
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nah i was the opposite.
    at risk of sounding like a hater i thought that 11-4 start was a fluke like a mother ? .
    i don't like brook lopez health let alone his overall game (i think he shrinks against other bigs)
    and joe johnson just isnt a marquee player to me.
    i will admit i'm surprised about blatche. but wallace wasn't really scarin me as a major threat, and the way avery pushed marshon brooks to the end of the bench was also shocking. (although judging the two people involved its safe to assume this is all on marshon)

Besides Dwight, Lopez usually outplays other bigs idk what your talking about