No Love for K.Love

Options
ShadyWorldOrder
ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Paul Allen from the Paul Allen Project radio goes in on K.Love how terrible he been this season complaining not playing defense even talking about what happened btw Love and Barea last year where the 2 had to be seperated.
know I am the Purveyor of Positivity and it's out of character for me to rip people, but I am becoming sick of KEVIN LOVE. His whiny act bugged me repeatedly tonite in the loss to Houston, and I must concede ever since he ripped the organization in that Yahoo! story two weeks ago I have waited for him to back his his prattle with team-carrying performances.

Instead, he continues to be broke from three-point range (24 percent this year, 0-for-7 tonite) and complains more than any player I have seen. He shoots and shoots and shoots and generally is wide open from deep, and cannot get close. He was beaten for key rebounds tonite and couldn't stop STUD JAMES HARDEN on a huge hoop late. James exploded straight down the key and the slow-footed Love seemed to lack the desire to even foul him. Too, he led the Wolves in turnovers with five.

James Harden is a max-contract guy, Kevin Love is not playing like one. I know he's coming off a broken-hand injury, and I am willing to cut him some slack for the shooting, but other facets of his game continue to bug.

To wit, I have seen him repeatedly miss and not hustle back on defense. He did it several times tonite, and it's unacceptable for (a) the highest-paid player on the team and (b) for a guy who torched the organization for lack of direction. When you rip the way he did you have to personify hustle every single play and he doesn't. He seems afraid to pick up fouls because it may affect his opportunity to fill his stat sheet if he has to sit.

Those who claim he is nothing but a big box score at best are looking accurate. His defense at times is deplorable. But the thing that irked me the most tonite happened in the first half, and it was a subtle exchange between him and JJ BAREA. JJ shoots too much sometimes and at best is a role player, but he's scrappy as hell and always gets the most out of his game. Barea has ring cred, and Love does not.

Kevin made a nice pass to Barea under the basket in the second quarter, and Barea refused to shoot it. JJ is five-foot-nothing and most likely would have had it blocked. Love passed to the shortest guy on the court under the basket and became ? off JJ didn't shoot it. His arms went to flailing and he screamed something at Barea. Then as the ball went the other way Love continued the histrionics and seemed more interested in showing up Barea than hustling back on defense.

Why? Why become ? at the littlest guy on the court for not launching a stupid shot amongst the trees? Why not shake it off and become the team leader you swear you are? If you rip the direction of the team publicly go out and outwork everybody so we know the passion comes from your heart.

Kevin clearly is frustrated his shot is way off and is not handling it with aplomb. He has ? about calls and lack of ref cred all of his career, and when he got into Barea tonite it bugged the heck out of me. Execute your defensive prowess with more effort, and watch some James Harden tape if you want to know what a true max-contract guy plays like. James is smooth, tries hard on defense and didn't act like a child when he was traded from maybe the best team in the NBA. Instead, he goes out every game and guides the Rockets like the born leader he is.

We need a better overall game from Love while THE SPANISH KID rounds into form -- he's not close, by the way -- and more is required from Kevin to assist this team to the postseason. I hated what he said in that Yahoo! story and it makes him look awful when he shoots terribly, doesn't hustle on defense and shows up players on the court. It has to stop.

http://www.kfan.com/pages/psn_paulallen.html?article=10659843

Comments

• TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to the IC Lamarcus Aldridge is the best power foward in the league and Kevin Love isn't a top 5 power foward.......... SMH...........
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've been said K love is the best Pf in the league. The only criticism i see of him is that he has yet to lead a team to the playoffs
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's about time someone said it. I think Kevin Love is the best pf in the league but I mentioned this when we were playing them the other night, either dude isn't healthy or he gives zero ? right now. It's in his body language(n/h) and he's not playing with any energy. If he was black his ? attitude and the fact that he's playing when he wants to play would've been mentioned earlier but...
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's about time someone said it. I think Kevin Love is the best pf in the league but I mentioned this when we were playing them the other night, either dude isn't healthy or he gives zero ? right now. It's in his body language(n/h) and he's not playing with any energy. If he was black his ? attitude and the fact that he's playing when he wants to play would've been mentioned earlier but...

Quoted for truth...
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't seen Love play lately but just looking at his stats, he has regressed so much. Some is quick to point out his early season injury but there could be something else here. It's unfortunate but we had seen this multiple times. Love is a star prime to force his way out of Minnesota just like any disgruntled star might try to do. This is going tobe a headache for Minnesota. Too bad because it looked like Minny just needed to get healthy and play their potential to compete in the west.

• rage
    Options
    The thing thats wack about Love's current predicament is that he has nobody to blame but himself. Its not like the Wolves are some bottom dweller. They could be a playoff team if Love played up to his potential. He has Rubio, Non, AK-47...its not like those clear muthafuckas can't hoop.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    The thing thats wack about Love's current predicament is that he has nobody to blame but himself. Its not like the Wolves are some bottom dweller. They could be a playoff team if Love played up to his potential. He has Rubio, Non, AK-47...its not like those clear muthafuckas can't hoop.

That ? lost ever since he cried in Utah.......
  • IamtheVILLE
    IamtheVILLE Members Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he's white. he game was going to regress sooner or later.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »
    According to the IC Lamarcus Aldridge is the best power foward in the league and Kevin Love isn't a top 5 power foward.......... SMH...........

LA routinely outplayed him in the past
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    They would love him in Boston
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Kevin Love is a ? . He tried to ? on the organization when they had made moves in the offseason to make the team better. He is also jealous of Ricky Rubio because he will probably get a max deal and Kevin Love only got a 4 year contract . He made it seem like they made him signed the deal . He's another wanna be star player .
  • MC The Rapper
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Also I would put Lamarcus Aldridge over him because of my above post. LaMarcus has never complained even when the team should have made him a focal point a while ago after oden/roy both were injury prone. He has talent around him they just have to get an Identity and stay healthy and they can be something to reckon with in the west .
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aldridge was indeed the best PF in the game until the latter half of last season. Love missed the beginning of the year and his efficiency has been terrible to say the least (he's never been efficient and never will be IMO).
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think him and LA are both soft and overrated Just putting up points on a wack teams. With that said i agree with Mc in that LA hasn't been ? and moaning about the organization like Love. I think Love let some of the attention he gets go to his head. I think Love thinks he should be a bigger star than he really is.
  • rage
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    I think him and LA are both soft and overrated Just putting up points on a wack teams. With that said i agree with Mc in that LA hasn't been ? and moaning about the organization like Love. I think Love let some of the attention he gets go to his head. I think Love thinks he should be a bigger star than he really is.

This...
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love was the best PF hands down last yr. Just b/c LA doesn't complain and he is a yes man doesn't make him better than Love. Love is a honest dude just was stating his opinion. He just doesn't want to end up like kG and waist his years in the purgatory of Minnesota
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

WTF , no dawg.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MC The Rapper
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    Love was the best PF hands down last yr. Just b/c LA doesn't complain and he is a yes man doesn't make him better than Love. Love is a honest dude just was stating his opinion. He just doesn't want to end up like kG and waist his years in the purgatory of Minnesota

The ? he did was dwight howard esque , there's a difference between stating your honest opinion and being a cancer. The organization is trying their best to field a team around Him. He's not producing at a high level on the court . He hated on one of your teammates for potentially getting a max deal. If he felt the team should have given him more money or that the contract offer was disrepectful he shouldn't have signed it.

read the article

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-love-remains-unsure-about-timberwolves--future-200009299.html
  • R.D.
    edited December 2012
    Options

2011-2012

Game 1
    Kevin Love: 42 points 10 rebounds
    Lamarcus Aldridge: 14 points, 7 rebounds

Game 2
    Lamarcus Aldridge: 22 points, 7 rebounds
    Kevin Love: 29 points, 16 rebounds

Game 3
    Lamarcus Aldridge: 26 points, 8 rebounds
    Kevin Love: 26 points, 9 rebounds

Wrong...

2010-20111

Game 1
    Kevin Love: 19 points, 17 rebounds, LOSS
    Lamarcus Aldridge : 36 points, 10 rebounds, 5 blocks, WON

Game 2
    Kevin Love: 30 points, 19 rebounds, LOSS
    Lamarcus Aldridge : 28 points, 10 rebounds, WON

Game 3
    Kevin Love: 22 points, 17 rebounds, LOSS
    Lamarcus Aldridge 37 points, 12 rebounds, WON

Game 4
    Kevin Love: 12 points, 11 rebounds, LOSS
    Lamarcus Aldridge: 21 points, 6 rebounds, WON

guess im right after all unless "the past" is limited to one season
    coop9889 wrote: »
    RD got sonned

WTF , no dawg.

lol ? yall ? , mostly coop who came in slurping

I dont talk out of my ass my ?

Last year ? , were saying LA was better and thats cause he outplayed him the previous season
  • R.D.
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

my ? ? LA is soft and was putting up numbers on a wack team even though he carried them to the playoffs.....GTFOH
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    08-09 la killed kevin love in everyone of their match ups..
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    08-09 la killed kevin love in everyone of their match ups..

Aka kevin love's rookie yr where I think he didnt get as many mins as he does now. But kevin love led the league in rebs per 48 mins that yr IIRC.
  • rage
    edited December 2012
    Options

2011-2012

Game 1
    Kevin Love: 42 points 10 rebounds
    Lamarcus Aldridge: 14 points, 7 rebounds

Game 2
    Lamarcus Aldridge: 22 points, 7 rebounds
    Kevin Love: 29 points, 16 rebounds

Game 3
    Lamarcus Aldridge: 26 points, 8 rebounds
    Kevin Love: 26 points, 9 rebounds

Wrong...

2010-20111

Game 1
    Kevin Love: 19 points, 17 rebounds, LOSS
    Lamarcus Aldridge : 36 points, 10 rebounds, 5 blocks, WON

Game 2
    Kevin Love: 30 points, 19 rebounds, LOSS
    Lamarcus Aldridge : 28 points, 10 rebounds, WON

Game 3
    Kevin Love: 22 points, 17 rebounds, LOSS
    Lamarcus Aldridge 37 points, 12 rebounds, WON

Game 4
    Kevin Love: 12 points, 11 rebounds, LOSS
    Lamarcus Aldridge: 21 points, 6 rebounds, WON

guess im right after all unless "the past" is limited to one season
    coop9889 wrote: »
    RD got sonned

WTF , no dawg.

lol ? yall ? , mostly coop who came in slurping

I dont talk out of my ass my ?

Last year ? , were saying LA was better and thats cause he outplayed him the previous season

So 3 out of 6 games LA outplays Love equals to routinely now??