Which one of these PGs would you pick to start your franchise

Options
af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in From the Cheap Seats

Which one of these PGs would you pick to start your franchise 60 votes

Kyrie Irving
61%
southsil4lileyes lowjoseph sunalmighty breezethatni99ajahmaltoheeb27infamous114usmarin3jaemoomsMdizzle9000supaman4321bless the childCJspit_fiyat_m_a_c_f_a_n73088IbexkAjUnBDBIIDits....JOHN Bmoedays 37 votes
Damian Lillard
13%
goodlookinoutMillzOGthefocusman2af.r.i.c.a.CallMeWelvinTrollio Aristo_V300blackjack2012 8 votes
Ricky Rubio
25%
freshb651jayhi22greenwood1921sullyTheBossmanhueywaterproofWill MunnyReggie80Mister B.ShizlanskyYoung_ChitlinSir LurkalotPiffyHazeShadyWorldOrder 15 votes

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie Irving
    Don't see how it's close. Kyrie is 100 times better than the other 2.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie Irving
    Rubio shouldn't even be mentioned with these two until he develops a jumpshot. Gotta go with Kyrie(obviously) but Lillard is gonna be a problem
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie Irving
    Is this thread serious? lol
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damian Lillard
    Kyrie is injury prone
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie Irving
    Post Count +1
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Damian Lillard
    If you think there is that much of a difference between these 3 then you are either brain dead or don't know ? about basketball. Kyrie is a good player but he does have weaknesses
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie Irving
    Easy
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damian Lillard
    team go be a problem along with other rookies i pick up
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damian Lillard
    Lillard niiiice
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    I'd say Rubio cause he's the one less likely to try to "team up" with 2 other all-stars 3 years after I draft'em. Go to some "high profile" city or franchise somewhere. Them foreign cats just wanna ball. They give no ? about publicity.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie Irving
    I'd say Rubio cause he's the one less likely to try to "team up" with 2 other all-stars 3 years after I draft'em. Go to some "high profile" city or franchise somewhere. Them foreign cats just wanna ball. They give no ? about publicity.
    Fri Jun 26 01:05am EDT
    Report: Ricky Rubio's father says son may remain in Spain

By J.E. Skeets

Leading up to the NBA Draft there was chatter of Ricky Rubio's preference to play in a big market. Well, Minnesota certainly isn't one, and according to the Spanish sports site Marca.com, the father of the new Timberwolves point guard says his son may remain in Spain for a few more years rather than play in the NBA. Talk about cold feet.

Ricky's pop, Esteve Rubio: "Ahora mismo, es muy probable que Ricky se quede uno o dos años en Europa." Translated, it says, "Right now, it is possible that Ricky plays a year or two more in Europe."

"Tenemos que hablar con la gente de Minnesota ... y ver lo que pasa, porque, a estas horas, podemos estar en Minnesota o en otra parte", declaraba." Loosely translated: "We are going to speak with the [people, staff] of Minnesota and see what's happening, because, in some hours, we may be in Minnesota or in another place."

Earlier in the evening, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported that the Knicks were working hard to cut a deal with the Timberwolves to acquire Rubio. New York's a big enough market, si? The flashy teen was one of three point guards taken by Minnesota in the opening round of the Draft, with new Wolves general manager David Kahn snapping up Ricky at No. 5, Jonny Flynn of Syracuse at No. 6 and North Carolina's Ty Lawson at No. 18, though he was subsequently traded to Denver.

Decisions, decisions ...

H/T: The Knicks Blog

• af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Damian Lillard
    a lot of y'all are sleeping on Rubio. I don't think it was any coincidence that K Love was playing the best basketball of his career when RR was on the floor with him. Not mention he was amount the league leaders in steals and assists. The only Kyrie has over Dame is experience. He had all of last year and the summer playing with the US squad so he's ahead of the curve. I think 3 years from now Lillard will be the better pro
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Fri Jun 26 01:05am EDT
    Report: Ricky Rubio's father says son may remain in Spain

By J.E. Skeets

Leading up to the NBA Draft there was chatter of Ricky Rubio's preference to play in a big market. Well, Minnesota certainly isn't one, and according to the Spanish sports site Marca.com, the father of the new Timberwolves point guard says his son may remain in Spain for a few more years rather than play in the NBA. Talk about cold feet.

Ricky's pop, Esteve Rubio: "Ahora mismo, es muy probable que Ricky se quede uno o dos años en Europa." Translated, it says, "Right now, it is possible that Ricky plays a year or two more in Europe."

"Tenemos que hablar con la gente de Minnesota ... y ver lo que pasa, porque, a estas horas, podemos estar en Minnesota o en otra parte", declaraba." Loosely translated: "We are going to speak with the [people, staff] of Minnesota and see what's happening, because, in some hours, we may be in Minnesota or in another place."

Earlier in the evening, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reported that the Knicks were working hard to cut a deal with the Timberwolves to acquire Rubio. New York's a big enough market, si? The flashy teen was one of three point guards taken by Minnesota in the opening round of the Draft, with new Wolves general manager David Kahn snapping up Ricky at No. 5, Jonny Flynn of Syracuse at No. 6 and North Carolina's Ty Lawson at No. 18, though he was subsequently traded to Denver.

Decisions, decisions ...

H/T: The Knicks Blog

Them damn Foreigners always want the spotlight. smh
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant choose right now between Lillard and Irving

I like what Lillard doing on the court more right now but hes playing with better players
  • Sir Lurkalot
    Sir Lurkalot Members Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    If I'm building a team, I favor a 'pass 1st' point. No knock on Lillard & Kyrie tho
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    Irving better get his assist game up.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    Rubio...and this is how i'd surround him:

Valanciunas/Chris Anderson
    Kevin Love/Andrea Bargnani
    Danilo Galinarri/Adam Morrison
    Manu GinobiliMarco Belinelli/
    Ricky Rubio/Jose Calderon

Coach: Jay Triano
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Damian Lillard
    Damian Lillard easily, he's got the most upside of the 3 and someone please tell me what makes Kyrie SO much better than Lillard?

? must not be watching Portland play, he's got a bonafide allstar on his team in Lamarcus Aldridge yet when the games get close Lillard takes over. I just watched him lead his team back for a dub 2 nights ago after struggling in the 1st half. That dude has all the tools and he's clutch. Kyrie is better right now but the question was
    about starting a franchise, not just for right now this second.
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    Ricky Rubio had Minny on the brink of the playoffs his 1st until he got hurt....Lillard is a baller and Kyrie will be a bonafide superstar.....But Ricky Rubio will make everybody better then the other two clutch player hits his shots when needed Rubio can dominate the game without even scoring....
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky Rubio

Rubio Is the best pure pg out the 3
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie Irving
    Yall talkin like Kyrie is a seasoned veteran or some ? he still has room to grow and hopefully does but at this moment he is better than both with room to improve..
    He doesnt fear the big moment so im takin him..
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    Rubio,the other two are scoring PG's which are a dime a dozen in this league
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky Rubio
    ^^^^Minnesota biased post
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Kyrie Irving
    Kyrie assist numbers would be much higher if he had a bonafide scorer on his team and also had more pure shooters around him

Rubio has K-Love and also plays with better shooters, and Lillard has 3 other guys in the starting lineup that average 15+ppg ....Batum averages 15 , Matthews averages 15 , and Aldridge averages 21.

as good as Anderson Varejao has been playing this year he should never be your 2nd best scorer on the team , that speaks volumes of what is around Kyrie...that team is 7-24 for a reason , lets not act like he's playing on team who's roster is full of underAchieving players.

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Damian Lillard
    Ricky Rubio

Rubio Is the best pure pg out the 3

Thats true and ya ? know I'd rather have a pure pg than anything but Lillard has IT. Whatever IT is, Lillard got that