is a high school diploma or g.e.d really needed?

2»

Comments

• NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    more often than not you need a diploma or GED. I personally got lucky and got into a company that likes to train and promote from within so I am not feeling the effects of not having an education, but I know I am lucky that I found what I did and have the work ethic to advance.
    went from washing lettuce to the grill huh b? Or do they have you on fries now?

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you wanna be a servant the rest of your life or not? Because when you really think about it, most of the jobs you get with an education that's all you really are. And you need to work so many hours at these jobs just to make ends meet, a servant you become.
  • Universalmindstate
    Universalmindstate Members Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭
    Some people have 1 to 3 degrees or college diplomas and can't find a decent job. So they're stuck in a minimal paying job too. A lot of employers are looking for experience or knowledge, therefore, will pick someone with years of experience over a person with a degree without industry experience....in most cases, not all.

The benefit of a degree,etc., is if you land that dream job your pay is usually a hefty one from the get go. Plus it show you have the drive and dedication to conquer objectives.

Bill gates dropped out of high school, but he had skills in computer programming. Like how the old folks saying goes, it's not how much you make, it's how you manage it.

The way the economy is going, you're going to need a college diploma to work at McDonald's. It takes concentration and determination to go back to school, so if he doesn't consist of these qualities then he shouldn't bother, or he'll waste his time.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Do you wanna be a servant the rest of your life or not? Because when you really think about it, most of the jobs you get with an education that's all you really are. And you need to work so many hours at these jobs just to make ends meet, a servant you become.

I'd GOAT this post if I could.
  • MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    more often than not you need a diploma or GED. I personally got lucky and got into a company that likes to train and promote from within so I am not feeling the effects of not having an education, but I know I am lucky that I found what I did and have the work ethic to advance.
    went from washing lettuce to the grill huh b? Or do they have you on fries now?
    Actually Front Office Manager of a Hilton hotel, but keep trying eventually you might actually be funny at some point.

• wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on the person really, my girl got her GED at 17 went straight to college and is getting paid good money.