Honestly.. whats worse: Unconsciousness or Hell

Premeer
Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
to be truthful, there is NOTHING to fear about a "unconscious state".. so where would the fear to believe ? come from if the fear of blackness drove people to believe ? lol.

that makes me laugh everytime i hear a atheist say that. atheists and their arrogance thinking they know everything again.. they just dont stop.

Comments

• Premeer
    oh yea.. *feelings* with no explanation.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also imply you "know everything".

• Premeer
    VIBE wrote: »
    You also imply you "know everything".
    and THAT is your answer.

get out my thread.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a nice warm 54 in Los Angeles today.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent golf weather
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 Prime wrote: »
    to be truthful, there is NOTHING to fear about a "unconscious state".. so where would the fear to believe ? come from if the fear of blackness drove people to believe ? lol.

that makes me laugh everytime i hear a atheist say that. atheists and their arrogance thinking they know everything again.. they just dont stop.
    You left out "Heaven" b. Salvation religions get their following by telling people they will be rewarded in the afterlife based on their actions while alive. This is why they spread like wildfire and easily replaced older religions with obscure afterlife beliefs.

For those who fear a permanent loss of consciousness, receiving some form of "afterlife salvation" is substantially better.

Damnation is merely popularized as a further incentive
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fear didnt drive ppl to believe in ? b..seeing the awe and organic flow of life is what originated the ? concept..as the human psyche began to develope and experience this realm in a conscious state, the ego began to take the drivers seat and from there came manipulation and deception..man began using ? as a tool for destruction and through the years the ? concept has mutated into the grotesque system of belief it is today..? need to ste0p their spiritual game up before attempting to speak on ? b...and no i'm not some theologian or sum ? ? ..I'm just a ? that uses basic math to bind complex thoughts and practices into a palatable interpretation of what I percieve mentally, spiritually and physically..hell and fear are one in the same..figure that out and you'll find Gods purpose for YOUR life b
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

ugh you suck. Its a nice warm 19 in Monticello today.
  • Premeer
    oh ok. i see.....
  • Premeer
    outside opinins are interesting.
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick Ross' beard is full of secrets
  • Premeer

Excellent golf weather
    tha bause wrote: »
    Rick Ross' beard is full of secrets

oh have nothing to say. nice. now run along.
  • Premeer
    but since you bring up LA.. why do LA broads sound like guerrillas.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unconciousness is Hell and Heaven.
  • Bussy_Getta
    but since you bring up LA.. why do LA broads sound like guerrillas.

I feel like you trying to say something but im not hearing you :(
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited December 2012

Lol.

Nosign along with the idea of these all being different entities.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    If I believed everyone who told me I was going to a place of eternal torment with no proof of this place whatsoever, I would be one shook ass ? .

Even more shook then I am now.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    has anyone ever met a christian who believed they were going to hell?
  • Bussy_Getta

nope
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually haven't.

Unless you count little kids crying when they are first hear about hell, but I guess they're not Christians yet.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your threads are worse than hell
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hot Hell >>> Cold Hell
    Im done with the winter
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    This thread makes me wanna knock the TS unconscious.......
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To keep it short, unconsciousness is scarier then hell for most people. "I think there for I am" was such a cornerstone in philosophy for this reason. In your collective memory as a human being, good or bad memories all had one thing in common, it was your awareness. Even in sleep you retain your awareness.

The thought of losing your awareness and be nothing lead to fear, which is understandable because your talking about such a huge change in which you change the very fabric of your being, and so you get scared. To combat this, the concept of the afterlife was created, which evolved in many different ways, one being, the concept of hell or heaven in Abrahamic religions.

In his quest to discover "the self", Descartes once believed that the soul was the self, and pictured himself in hell and realized that even then he wouldn't lose himself, so the self would be something else which he discovered to be his thoughts, because once he stops thinking, he would be lost, which means that's your self.

This means unconsciousness or losing your awareness is true death in which it is scarier then all else. There is a reason why Descartes and the quote "i think therefore I am" is the corner stone for modern western philosophy.

One thing I realize about religious people who think they are smart is they come up with the dumbest arguments, without any thought behind it and think its genius. Word up I picture it like a cartoon, @100prime just sitting there and the light bulb popping up and he gets all excited runs to his computer and types the most illogical thoughts and believes it to genius.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited December 2012
    AZTG wrote: »
    To keep it short, unconsciousness is scarier then hell for most people. "I think there for I am" was such a cornerstone in philosophy for this reason. In your collective memory as a human being, good or bad memories all had one thing in common, it was your awareness. Even in sleep you retain your awareness.

The thought of losing your awareness and be nothing lead to fear, which is understandable because your talking about such a huge change in which you change the very fabric of your being, and so you get scared. To combat this, the concept of the afterlife was created, which evolved in many different ways, one being, the concept of hell or heaven in Abrahamic religions.

In his quest to discover "the self", Descartes once believed that the soul was the self, and pictured himself in hell and realized that even then he wouldn't lose himself, so the self would be something else which he discovered to be his thoughts, because once he stops thinking, he would be lost, which means that's your self.

This means unconsciousness or losing your awareness is true death in which it is scarier then all else. There is a reason why Descartes and the quote "i think therefore I am" is the corner stone for modern western philosophy.

One thing I realize about religious people who think they are smart is they come up with the dumbest arguments, without any thought behind it and think its genius. Word up I picture it like a cartoon, @100prime just sitting there and the light bulb popping up and he gets all excited runs to his computer and types the most illogical thoughts and believes it to genius.

Did I really just read this in the G&S?

#truth
    #wisdom