It's crazy how Jay's the only NY rapper that never fell off

Options

Comments

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And smh @ vol 1 being a classic. City is mine, sunshine and I know what girls like alone should knock it down from classic to "ehhhhh, its alright"....3 1/2 mics status

Those joints were outright terrible!
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When did Jay said Vol. 1 was his worst? This is brand spanking new news to me.

The word i used "worst" was a misstatement on my behalf, when asked out of all his albums which one would he redo he stated "In My Lifetime" because there was a few songs on there that didnt quite fit the album and kept it from being a "classic" album. He even reference Diddy completely producing his album direction as being a mistake.
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    starvin wrote: »
    all the ic ? in the world isnt gonna make nas surpass jay-z....we get it you think nas is "deep"...

He doesnt need to "surpass" him, he's going down in history as one of the goats.

this "goat" term is relative...i dont give two ? about nas...tbh he bores the ? outta me. and as long as there folks like me that "goat" ? only applies to his fans...again i get it "some people like nas"
  • runningwolf1980
    Options
    all the ic ? in the world isnt gonna make nas surpass jay-z's bank account and business acumen....we get it you think nas is "deep"...

Fixed for accuracy..that's what you really meant.

thats not what i meant at all...i dont listen to whos got the bigger bank account...the ? i look like an accountant? im simply a 32 year old hip-hop fan that never liked nas..matter fact theres tons of hip-hop act i simply dont like..bottomline
  • runningwolf1980
    Options
    moedays wrote: »
    Damn, ? really mad cuz Nas is better than Jay-z. Either Jay-z is your dad or yall from Marcy Projects.

? and high post.

the bolded is opinionated the rest is a poor attempt to be funny.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all the ic ? in the world isnt gonna make nas surpass jay-z's bank account and business acumen....we get it you think nas is "deep"...

Fixed for accuracy..that's what you really meant.

thats not what i meant at all...i dont listen to whos got the bigger bank account...the ? i look like an accountant? im simply a 32 year old hip-hop fan that never liked nas..matter fact theres tons of hip-hop act i simply dont like..bottomline

I'm almost the same age as you can I ask why you never liked Nas? I never really heard that ? say he boring at times but nobody Iheard atleast disputes the fact that son is nice.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay been garbage since coming back from retirement..and fell off lyrically big time (he was overrated in that aspect anyway)
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all the ic ? in the world isnt gonna make nas surpass jay-z....we get it you think nas is "deep"...

He doesnt need to "surpass" him, he's going down in history as one of the goats.

this "goat" term is relative...i dont give two ? about nas...tbh he bores the ? outta me. and as long as there folks like me that "goat" ? only applies to his fans...again i get it "some people like nas"

Never said you had to but he's one of the greatest to do it period, Jay himself said so and I'm sure a bunch of other rappers too. You don't even have to be a fan to admit that.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Admittedly Jay has declined lyrically but I'm not sure what the rest of this neck rolling and finger snapping ? is about.

Jay still that dude and will go down in history as one of the GOAT
    Nas still that dude and will go down in history as one of the GOAT
    ? record sells...........record sales has never been a reliable indicator of musical talent.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Jay been garbage since coming back from retirement..and fell off lyrically big time (he was overrated in that aspect anyway)

You're a typical backpacker who despised even Lupe and Kendrick Lamar.

You ? always make me laugh.

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nex gin wrote: »
    Admittedly Jay has declined lyrically but I'm not sure what the rest of this neck rolling and finger snapping ? is about.

Jay still that dude and will go down in history as one of the GOAT
    Nas still that dude and will go down in history as one of the GOAT
    ? record sells...........bringing up both of their record sales, commercial hits, how many shows sold out and business ventures has never been a reliable indicator of musical talent.

GOAT granted...but I had to adjust your post to bring some light in the darkness.
  • ohhhla
    Options
    The bad hip hop opinions on Kanye getting Jay on WTT.

I'm gonna start saying that Damien Marley destroyed Nas on Distant Relatives.

That's the not the equivalent but Jay didn't get outshined.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just like G Rap, Rakim,etc, all irrelevant goats.

There is only one true goat to took the torch when Pac and Biggie died. One true goat who put on Just Blaze, Kanye, J Cole,etc and brought back respectability in hiphop huge tours (Hard Knock Life, Roc the Mic, BP3,etc).

4011080_o.gif
  • usmarin3
    Options
    SMH at this ? Nas doing chicken shack joints to pay off the IRS. ? probably couldn't sell his masters for a basket of cheddar biscuits right now.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Options
    CirocObama wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    The reason why jay has been more successful than them washed 90s ? is because he switched up hid sound and never limited himself to dusty boom nap back packers. ? likeNas marginalized their audience and pigeonholed themselves. That's why when Nas makes singles with Chris Brown, Kerry Hilson,etc itdoesnt work.

Not true. Jay-Z's business moves and his relationship with Beyonce gave his brand waaaaay more relevancy than he would've had by now. Jay-Z is a brand his name alone will sell records. He gained alot more female fans and Beyonce fans when he hooked up with her too. Same thing with Swizz when he got with Alicia. Not that it's a bad thing but don't sit there and act like Jay-Z would've been that popular still if those things didn't happen. That's why Jay-Z can be gone for 5 years without dropping albums and still remain "out there" and still do big shows. It's not cuz of his music per se.

Funny tho how relevancy is measured in popularity. A rapper is irrelevant to me when i'm no longer interested in his music or what he has to say, not cuz he isn't as popular, isn't selling as many records and not trendy anymore.

How can Nas be irrelevant when he dropped prolly the best hip-hop album this year? I loved Hip Hop Is Dead and ? too so he always has and always will catch my ear as a fan. He's here strictly based off of his music. Not cuz who he's married with, not cuz of his sponsors, not cuz of his clothing line, not cuz he sold this many records, not cuz of his investments etc. When you think of Nas you think of his music and lyricsm before anything else, so if you call a 20 year career strictly off his music irrelevant while being a true MC who never really did those big numbers anyway then i unno what to tell ya..

Well Said and end thread/
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just like G Rap, Rakim,etc, all irrelevant goats.

There is only one true goat to took the torch when Pac and Biggie died. One true goat who put on Just Blaze, Kanye, J Cole,etc and brought back respectability in hiphop huge tours (Hard Knock Life, Roc the Mic, BP3,etc).

WTF is an "irrelevant goat" ??? And spell check ?

SMH at this ? Nas doing chicken shack joints to pay off the IRS. ? probably couldn't sell his masters for a basket of cheddar biscuits right now.

Same song ...*yawns*
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay been fell off as far as music quality is concerned
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Smh @ Rakim, G Rap being irrelevant GOATS...

LOL @usmaqueen trolling...control those feelings.

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only gold-digging females gossip and yarn about another man's finances like this ? does

Stick to the script ? ...
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited January 2013
    Options
    "I should be number one on everybody's list.."

-Shawn Corey Carter

http://rapgenius.com/discussions/8591-The-source-top-50-lyricists-magazine-scans

Rakim would like to have a word with you.
  • usmarin3
    edited January 2013
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Only gold-digging females gossip and yarn about another man's finances like this ? does

Stick to the script ? ...
    rip.dilla wrote: »

Oh really, then why you Nas fans up in arms when Kelis took his lunch money during the divorce?

• ohhhla
    Options
    Rakim, Kane or G-Rap hasn't done a thing in the last 5yrs that was amazing.

These guys are in my top 10.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »

...birthed the styles of this rapper we're discussing about now and plenty others.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G Rap and Rakim tho...
  • ohhhla
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »

...birthed the styles of this rapper we're discussing about now and plenty others.

Yea, so? They faded away in the 90's tho.

That's why Nas, Jay as GOAT are up for grabs.

Kane is my favorite rapper but I gotta admit this.