What were the differences between Gunit and Dipset?

13»

Comments

• eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @antarticp @eternal Im trying to understand what you two are saying. Your sayin because 50 is on the Forbes List and Cam isnt The Set was not a movement. Cam money may not be as long as 50 but keep in mind he negotiated most of the deals and own several businesses also.. He gets everyday money. Cam allowed Jim and Juelz to try to expand their brands which was a okay move for Jim but, wound up being horrible for Juelz.

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life"

@antarticp Both 50 and Cam both allowed their underlings to be men. First and foremost they are and will forever be the bosses of their team. They showed their soldiers how to fish, they all should forever show these men gratitude...

No I never said they (Dipset) wasn't a movement. In my post I even stated that you felt like something when you yelled Dipset. It's more of the artists on Dipset fault they didn't blow up further then cam's reach because they became lazy, well Juelz did.

• SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lots of differences
    main thing is dipset represented ? on the block with style and swag and their own slang and on the come up
    g unit represented generic tough thugs that were trying to be the toughest baddest guys on the planet over slick big money production
    dipset had that a unique sound that stood out
    gunit didn't
    gunit made songs to make money
    dipset made music that they liked
  • SheerExcellence
    and this has been said before but is worth repeating
    gunit was more 50 cent back up band
    diplomats was way more than a cam'ron backing band
  • SheerExcellence
    u can also add in groups like wutang, and boot camp and dblock
    if u add them in with dipset, all these crews had their own style and swag and things they spoke about
    i mean of course all these groups all spoke on ? money drugs violence, etc
    but all in their own way
    compare that to g unit
    g unit didnt stand out at all
    u can hear a beat and know its immediately boot camp or dblock or wu or dipset
    u cant tell no gunit beat, other than its a poppy song and 50 singing on a hook about how he gonna whip ur head and other generic tough guy ?
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if u add them in with dipset, all these crews had their own style and swag and things they spoke about
    but all in their own way
    compare that to g unit
    u cant tell no gunit beat, other than its a poppy song and 50 singing on a hook about how he gonna whip ur head and other generic tough guy ?

U buggin, gunit had their own sound. Y u Lyin for? It sound like u hating. They all had their unique sound
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was more than music with Dipset.
  • SheerExcellence
    bazooka wrote: »
    but all in their own way
    compare that to g unit

U buggin, gunit had their own sound. Y u Lyin for? It sound like u hating. They all had their unique sound

you can skip me with all that hating ?
    i am a fan of music and listen to it all i dont hate on anyone
    u can't deny what gunit and them did, they made money and had the whole game on lock for at least 2 full years

all im saying is they were more commercial that the other ones
    think of the gunit mixtapes post grodt
    they were majority rapping over other big hits, with 50 singing a hook and using same flow as the original song's rapper did
    compare that to dblock or dipset
    they used majority original beats, and had their own unique sounds
    they all had their own lanes tho
    no hate
    they all made their money so i dont give a ?
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    G-Unit had Banks enough said

/thread.
  • goopunch2456
    goopunch2456 Members Posts: 58
    One was a unit based on ? suckin 50 off and dipset was a gang of ? who could hold their own weight.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ohhhla wrote: »

/thread.

So Jr Writer and Hell Rell and Tom Gist never existed?

• ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wild Self wrote: »
    ohhhla wrote: »

/thread.

So Jr Writer and Hell Rell and Tom Gist never existed?

Way better than Banks

• harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dipset had more L's than G-Unit
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And for the record, JR Writer, 40 Cal, and Hell Rell released mixtapes this year... all ? . Not a Jones fan, so I won't speak on him. Only one releasing quality music on G Unit is Banks.