so ladies... is the word "? " finally played out?

Options
SneakDZA
SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
the title sums it all up i guess but basically i feel like "? " might be just crude and outdated enough to be retired. do you guys still use it as a "term of endearment"?

personally i usually say "broad" or "chick" instead and reserve "? " for when I would usually say "? ". i feel like even in uncensored modern rap music "? " lost a lot of steam but i might just be out of touch. i'm asking you guys since you're probably a lot more sensitive to that word than I am... is "? " finally over? and if so, why?

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    Options
    *Has never referred to herself or other fellow sisters as such post*
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's still accurate for many females but only as a negative. As far as a term of endearment it's just a matter of how you and your circle of friends define it.

I always see the usage as kinda ghetto when overdone though.

Wait this ? said, "so ladies..." like us nosey ass ? aint gonna find a way to butt-in with our opinion any damn way. Come on breh u know we aint ? round here...
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    Lady_Zee wrote: »
    Another successful thread... ? .

i was trying to do a serious thread in powder room and along comes this ? just dying to add nothing of value to yet another conversation.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As long as Hip Hop is still around, the dictionary and female dogs...the word ? will never be played out.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    imma call these hoes ? till i die
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never call any girl a ? as a term of endearment.. ? is an earned title... always thought it was wack when ? refer to there chicks as ? .. and when girls think its cute to call each other ? .. to be cute..
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    word. i say ? frequently but i'm not what you would call a ? femenist - i just never got the big deal about why that word was supposed to be so horrible. to me it's just the female version of calling somebody a ? .
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    words only have the power you give them. i curse a lot, and i don't think it defines me or others. often the word ? is used as an insult towards strong, assertive women. if she were a man, they'd just say she commands authority, or she doesn't take ? , but since she's a woman, then she's a ? . if that's what you are implying by calling me a ? , then i have no problem being one

it's funny how arbitrary it is, move your mouth and use your voice a certain way and it's deemed a "bad word"

i also use it as more of a pronoun than anything, same with ? , and i will continue to do so. i don't care what other people use, it's not what they call you, it's what you answer to

24035431.jpg
  • SneakDZA
    Options
    words only have the power you give them. i curse a lot, and i don't think it defines me or others. often the word ? is used as an insult towards strong, assertive women. if she were a man, they'd just say she commands authority, or she doesn't take ? , but since she's a woman, then she's a ? . if that's what you are implying by calling me a ? , then i have no problem being one

it's funny how arbitrary it is, move your mouth and use your voice a certain way and it's deemed a "bad word"

i also use it as more of a pronoun than anything, same with ? , and i will continue to do so. i don't care what other people use, it's not what they call you, it's what you answer to

probably people would call him a ? or an ? . i wouldn't want to be thought of as either and it's possible to be a strong and assertive woman without making people think of you as a ? or a ? - i've known plenty of them.
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    word. i say ? frequently but i'm not what you would call a ? femenist - i just never got the big deal about why that word was supposed to be so horrible. to me it's just the female version of calling somebody a ? .

There was actually a really good article I read awhile back about how the word ? was used prior to female suppression. It was saying that ? used to refer to women who were priestesses a long time ago who were in charge of temples and that to call a woman a ? today was to really say that she is a "queen who invented writing and numerals". Thought that was pretty cool.

yeah i think the root word wasn't considered ? but changed over the years.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

24035431.jpg

was that your attempt at being deep yourself?

if i can't control what other's say what sense does it make to get all worked up and bent out of shape about it?

probably people would call him a ? or an ? . i wouldn't want to be thought of as either and it's possible to be a strong and assertive woman without making people think of you as a ? or a ? - i've known plenty of them.

not saying that everyone does that, but even when a guy like your boss is an ass, it's not really held against him, he's just demanding or expects a lot, but women more often then not are just ? . what is the first thing people say about martha stewart as a business woman, oh she's such a ? to her employees, no one says ? like that about steve jobs

actually i liked your quote, that was just the best meme i could find to show my approval

photo-2.jpg
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    too many out here for that word to be played
  • Blue Haze
    Blue Haze Members Posts: 4
    Options
    I never call any girl a ? as a term of endearment.. ? is an earned title... always thought it was wack when ? refer to there chicks as ? .. and when girls think its cute to call each other ? .. to be cute..
    i never call my girl a ? either...cuz she's not. Have i ever called a girl a ? before, yes, but only when i got real mad and cuz she was one. But collectively do I call chicks that, no. I

• DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no never. and some of ya'll are typin too damn much. im not out chea tryin to read your senior thesis paper over the word ? .
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? should replace it in 2013