IC Rockin With The Galaxy S3 or Iphone 5 ?

Options

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is no competition...S3 all day. Bout to cop a Note for the lo lo...? a iphone 5...it took them to get to 5 to upgrade that relic of a smartphone
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have both one for business one for personal... It really doesn't matter it's all personal preference. You might end up hating the S3 a lot of people hate iTunes then when they get a android they want to go back. I like both but your probably going to return the s3 if you buy it.

Just go with what you like. If you like Itunes, but have a n android, you can download doubletwist. It will even let you synce itunes playlists
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i'm still rocking the iphone 3gs

lol Nothing wrong with that. Use what works for you. ? I know cats that don't like to upgrade their phones until there are major changes. I don't own an iphone, but I would be mad to update from iphone 4 to 4s.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Galaxy S3 ftw, ?
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    samsung is for cheap ninjas though, iphone 5 all day everyday
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    samsung is for smart ninjas though

Had to fix that. The only people who buy an iPhone after being given all the information that other phones are superior let me know that they make decisions based on fitting in and I no longer trust their judgment.
  • vince_vince
    Options
    like i give a f$ck how many gigahertz my processor has. iphone looks better and some people get salty cause they cant afford, 2 good reasons to have one lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ your defense for your purchasing your phone being that it cost a lot.

Who gives a ? ? I don't even hate the iPhone, and I'd say the iPhone is at least top 5 maybe top 3 right now. But paying more for an inferior product doesn't make you elite. It just makes you stupid.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    they not even the best phones out right now. stop being sheep .
  • vince_vince
    Options
    i dont know about you but the average user probably doesnt even use 50% of the functions the phone offers, so it doesnt really make a difference.

what can you do with an s3 you cant do with an iphone that is relevant for a normal user?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Android users probably use a lot of the functionality. I know I do and I'm not some kinda of Tech ? . That said, it's fair to say that iPhones are probably better for people who just want a simple smartphone and don't care about a bunch of options in customization, personalization, and optimization. Just speaking for me though, iPhones are boring as ? . Pretty much every iPhone looks the same no matter who has it. Every Android phone is difference and those differences are in respect to the user and their style.
  • vince_vince
    edited January 2013
    Options
    i agree with the options in customization, personalization, and optimization point. but generally speaking i would say these users are not the majority of s3 buyers.

i think the majority of buyers are people who would like to have an iphone but dont want to or just cant afford it. just think of all the female or 40+ consumers, like they know ? about all the features...
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got an ip5 but wish I got the s3 instead
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    i agree with the options in customization, personalization, and optimization point. but generally speaking i would say these users are not the majority of s3 buyers.

i think the majority of buyers are people who would like to have an iphone but dont want to or just cant afford it. just think of all the female or 40+ consumers, like they know ? about all the features...

I'd say more casual users are drawn to the screen size of the S3 over the iPhone. And I'm willing to bet that iphones are probably more popular among 40+ customers than Android phones.
  • vince_vince
    Options
    iphone-android-users-demographics-infographic.jpg

Infographic Highlights:

- Android users are 10% more likely to be men, iPhone users are 18% more likely to be women.
    - Android users are 86% more likely to live in the country, iPhone users are 27% more likely to live in a city.
    - Android users are 20% more likely to be politically conservative, iPhone users are 17% more likely to be liberal.
    - Android users are more likely to be middle-class, iPhone users are more likely to be upper middle-class.
    - Android users are 12% more likely to be introverts, iPhone users are 14% more likely to be extroverts.
    - Android users are 29% more likely to save money, iPhone users are 26% more likely to spend it.
    - Android users have a higher tendency to be followers, iPhone users consider themselves leaders.
    - Android users are 71% more likely to have never left their country, iPhone users are 50% more likely to have been to over 5 countries.
    - Android users are 12% more likely to have pets, iPhone users are 15% more likely to have traveled in the last 6 months.
    - Android users are 31% more likely to be late adopters, iPhone users are 50% more likely to be early adopters.
    - Android users are more than 100% more likely to be Windows users, iPhone users are 100% more likely to be Mac users – go figure!
  • CJ
    Options
    S3's & notes are great phones but ? not buying them because of the hacking, overclocking & what not tgey buying them because that screen size. At least from what I've saw.

How many ? you think actually know wtf a 1.7ghz quadcore processor or NFC is?
  • CJ
    Options
    Just like most ppl buy iPhones because its apple.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Those numbers are pointless, but they are also kinda jaded. For instance, a lot more companies and businesses use iPhones as company phones than Android phones. That alone explains a lot of the discrepancies that are noted in that list.
    CJ wrote: »
    S3's & notes are great phones but ? not buying them because of the hacking, overclocking & what not tgey buying them because that screen size. At least from what I've saw.

Ya'll keep saying that, but people don't need to know what a quadcore processor is to understand what it does for them. My wife has no idea what it does, but she does know that her Note II is a hell of a lot faster than the Thunderbolt she had even with having more stuff operating at any given time. And as soon as people are shown how to use something like NFC, they use it. Not to mention that you have other devices coming out that work with your phone using the NFC, so once people start buying things like that, the NFC usage will jump.
  • Lot86
    Lot86 Members Posts: 34
    Options
    Unless you want to get lost using its navigation, nothing innovative, simple features, team Iphone all the way. If you want the opposite of all that, go with the S3, neither tho I wish I waited a little longer for the Note 2, that ? is flawless.
  • CJ
    Options
    Those numbers are pointless, but they are also kinda jaded. For instance, a lot more companies and businesses use iPhones as company phones than Android phones. That alone explains a lot of the discrepancies that are noted in that list.

Ya'll keep saying that, but people don't need to know what a quadcore processor is to understand what it does for them. My wife has no idea what it does, but she does know that her Note II is a hell of a lot faster than the Thunderbolt she had even with having more stuff operating at any given time. And as soon as people are shown how to use something like NFC, they use it. Not to mention that you have other devices coming out that work with your phone using the NFC, so once people start buying things like that, the NFC usage will jump.

Ehh good points but I still think the selling point with not just Samsung phones but android phones in general are the fact that the screen are huge & colorful people love that ? most don't even give a ? or care about what the phone can actually do ot is capable of do.

My girl & her sis both want the note 2 know why? Their only reason is that the
  • CJ
    Options
    **the screen is big

*shrugs*
  • CJ
    Options
    Lol excuse my spelling errors in that post

Mobile smh
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Ehh good points but I still think the selling point with not just Samsung phones but android phones in general are the fact that the screen are huge & colorful people love that ? most don't even give a ? or care about what the phone can actually do ot is capable of do.

My girl & her sis both want the note 2 know why? Their only reason is that the

I don't disagree with you that the size is the primary selling point. I think I said something similar a couple posts back. That said, useful features and performance capabilities appeal casual users too. I mean phones from 2 years ago might be considered sluggish by standards now. No one wants a sluggish phone.
  • Lot86
    Lot86 Members Posts: 34
    Options
    Lol excuse my spelling errors in that post

Mobile smh

Must be that small iphone screen huh? lol