Which Video Is More Epic? SMOOTH CRIMINAL vs. THRILLER

Options
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tough decision...I'm gonna roll with Smooth Criminal because it was on another level of choreography than Thriller.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I wasnt around when Thriller drop so i never really got the full affect of it.

Now Smooth Criminal man that ? to me was the ILLEST ? ever the "LEAN" the Annie are u ok the spin, ? was GOAT to me.

So ill go with SC just off of me being alive when it dropped and remember it, I wouldnt argue anyone who thinks else wise
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    Options
    "Thriller" changed music videos forever. "Smooth Criminal" just had that lean which ain't nothing special IMO.
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SC its the better song and better video as long as its the moonwalker version. plus the ? blasted anothoer ? with a big ass magnum without even looking while singing to a chick.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I think i can answer without being bias since i wasn't born when they both came out... I believe people will say Thriller just cuz the reputation it has. But by far the choreography in Smooth Criminal is far superior to Thriller.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thriller is just too epic, too classic

cant pick against it
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Always loved smooth criminal but can't go against thriller especially with all the accolades it's received over the past several decades!!!
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrjun18 wrote: »
    "Thriller" changed music videos forever. "Smooth Criminal" just had that lean which ain't nothing special IMO.

? lol dat move is hard as hell to master, ? looks like it defies gravity plus its da betta song nd has a betta instrumental then Thriller
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thriller changed the game, but smooth criminal was a perfection of the game.
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

? lol dat move is hard as hell to master, ? looks like it defies gravity plus its da betta song nd has a betta instrumental then Thriller

mj32.gif
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Thriller" is a classic and changed the music video game for 20+ yrs, with that said Mike one upped himself with "Smooth Criminal", ? is probably the most epic music video of all time. LOL @ all it's got is the lean.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll go with SC.

Mike based a whole feature length film and video game around it.

cover.jpg
  • mrjun18
    mrjun18 Members Posts: 207
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »

mj32.gif

Hell naw. Dude had some metal ? come up from that ground under his shoe and leaned over. Thats wack lol.
    Thriller was like an actual movie. All these trey sonz, and other r&b n1ggas today still rocking thriller-like jackets when they go out...and little kids be dressing like mike in thriller for Halloween. Dude basically started all the Janet, Chris Brown, Usher, Backstreet Boys etc and anyone else who chreographs dancing in their videos with just Thriller alone. Smooth Criminal if overrated and shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence. Billie Jean would be a much better comparison. Mike light up the floor!!!! And said the kid is not my son!!!! Dude was quoting Maury Povich before Maury even had a show.
  • Kalecrunch
    Kalecrunch Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OkSmooth Criminal had the Arcade and Sega Genesis game first music cat to do that. Then Kriss Kross later. But Thriller is regarded as the best music video in HISTORY.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »

mj32.gif

Hell naw. Dude had some metal ? come up from that ground under his shoe and leaned over. Thats wack lol.
    Thriller was like an actual movie. All these trey sonz, and other r&b n1ggas today still rocking thriller-like jackets when they go out...and little kids be dressing like mike in thriller for Halloween. Dude basically started all the Janet, Chris Brown, Usher, Backstreet Boys etc and anyone else who chreographs dancing in their videos with just Thriller alone. Smooth Criminal if overrated and shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence. Billie Jean would be a much better comparison. Mike light up the floor!!!! And said the kid is not my son!!!! Dude was quoting Maury Povich before Maury even had a show.

^ ^ This

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody not saying thriller couldn't possibly understand the impact that video had.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thriller had me spooked as a kid, true talk especially at the end when he looks back at the camera with them cat eyes

That video also propelled sales of the title album

'Smooth Criminal' which I consider to be the best dance performance in a music video ever is more special for its flawless chereography

I go with Thriller
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

Nothing special? That ? got a government patent behind it...both videos are dope but Smooth Criminal has always been my favorite MJ video
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn this is hard to choose from, I'mma have to go with Smooth Criminal because it was apart of one of my favorite movies, Moonwalker!

I got a question which one is the better video, Bad or Beat It?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    i was born in 91 so i don't didn't feel the effects when they came out, but i do know i get geeky every year around halloween cuz i know ima see the thriller video. had the whole dance down pat when i was younger.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'ma make it short and sweet. Thriller changed the game while Smooth Criminal didn't really. MJ was peaking when Thriller dropped while in hindsight he was on his was down when Smooth Criminal dropped. I liked Smooth Criminal better though. That movie was a letdown though. I remember being amped to see that and leaving kinda dissatisfied.
  • _Jay_
    _Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
    Options
    Thriller video was more impactful, but out of the two I liked the Smooth Criminal better...that lean killt it, lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.