The NRA Stays On That BullSh!t... NEW AD Pulls Obama's Kids Into 'Discussion'

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    matt- wrote: »
    obama is already pulling everyone elses kids into the discussion. why should his own be off limits? i didn't watch the video, maybe it was in bad taste. I don't know. But generally speaking, its not right for him to be able to politicize other people's children but expect his own to be off limits.

Sure he did. Had he said nothing he would have been an insensitive ? who don't care about white murdered kids.

i'm not saying its wrong what he's doing. i'm saying its wrong to get upset at anyone who involves his own kids in the discussion.

What does his kids have to with the discussion at hand. They were attacking his kids even before all this.

because he's making his argument for gun control based mostly on protecting the children. I know its more than that, but thats his selling point. so obviously his children fall into the discussion about protecting children.

as for them attacking his kids or whatever before this, i don't know but i guess thats another topic alltogether.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh , this has been planned for long time to disarm the masses. They politicize the death of the victims as they did in 9-11 to farther their designs . No one bit on the movie theater shooting (in which several children were killed and same type of weapons were used).
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    BY LAW, the President of the United States and his immediate family (wife and kids) will be protected by the Secret Service

Seriously you got to really have you head up your ass (or be a Right Wing/Tea Party Conservative) NOT to understand the reasons as to why.

Why the hell this is suddenly in question?

• Matt-
    a.mann wrote: »
    obama is already pulling everyone elses kids into the discussion. why should his own be off limits? i didn't watch the video, maybe it was in bad taste. I don't know. But generally speaking, its not right for him to be able to politicize other people's children but expect his own to be off limits.

I'm assuming you referring to the kids that wrote him and THEIR parents approved of them being by the President's side at the press conference

yes those are the ones. He doesn't have to bring children around him, he doesn't have to read their well-crafted letters that they "wrote" , its a political ploy to appeal to people watching on tv. and thats fine. thats a part of the game.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure he did. Had he said nothing he would have been an insensitive ? who don't care about white murdered kids.

i'm not saying its wrong what he's doing. i'm saying its wrong to get upset at anyone who involves his own kids in the discussion.

What does his kids have to with the discussion at hand. They were attacking his kids even before all this.

because he's making his argument for gun control based mostly on protecting the children. I know its more than that, but thats his selling point. so obviously his children fall into the discussion about protecting children.

as for them attacking his kids or whatever before this, i don't know but i guess thats another topic alltogether.
    The underlying factor is his family has always been a target since day one. No matter what this man say or does it will always be the case. It's unfortunate that the kids are the selling point but it's the only thing that's finally awakening the mass to stricter gun control regulation. It's no like the ? is talking about taking guns away.
  • Matt-
    edited January 2013

Is he? I could have sworn it was the dude that murdered a whole bunch of children that pulled kids into this argument.

you completely missed the point. obviously the school shooting amped up the discussion. But now its time for Obama to make the case for legislation. Thats the issue right now. in an attempt to sell his idea to the american public, Obama is using children as his main talking point. So if the talking point is about children, then his own children fall into the discussion.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aone415 wrote: »
    The White kid that killed 20 kids (19 White) is the one who pulled people's kids into this... SMH at the ? logic being applied in this argument

smh @ at it taking children being murdered for obama to even begin to try and act high and mighty about gun control. He came from Chicago and as much as he ignores it, i'm sure he has a pretty good idea about gun violence in america. He began his term in 2008 and he waits 5 years to bring up a serious discussion on gun control? FOH. Why does he need to surround himself w/ little kids and their letters about guns when he could have just picked any of the thousands of adults and children in his former city who lost people to gun violence. But no that's not polarizing enough to the public. He's gotta wait for white kids to get murdered before he says enough is enough.

This has been the most lax President on gun control period he is a smart politician because he knew if he would tackle gun control in his first term there would not be a second term for him. To be honest he probably would had left gun control off the table in both of his terms if that Aurora shooting in the movie theater and sandy hook elementary school shooting did not happen.

• a.mann

I'm assuming you referring to the kids that wrote him and THEIR parents approved of them being by the President's side at the press conference

yes those are the ones. He doesn't have to bring children around him, he doesn't have to read their well-crafted letters that they "wrote" , its a political ploy to appeal to people watching on tv. and thats fine. thats a part of the game.

so he should ignored them?

I listen to a fair amount of Conservative radio, I know were you going with this. It's a weak opposition to take.

look those kids wrote him, in return he extended an invitation to them to the White House, again THEIR parents decided to bring them.

they not the first or last kids to be invited to meet the President

• Matt-

so he should ignored them?

I listen to a fair amount of Conservative radio, I know were you going with this. It's a weak opposition to take.

look those kids wrote him, in return he extended an invitation to them to the White House, again THEIR parents decided to bring them.

they not the first or last kids to be invited to meet the President

i think what you are saying is pretty much showing that he picks and chooses who he listens to and who he surrounds himself with so long as it supports his political agenda. and like i said, thats the game. i get it. but lets not act like its something other than that
  • Matt-
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    The White kid that killed 20 kids (19 White) is the one who pulled people's kids into this... SMH at the ? logic being applied in this argument

smh @ at it taking children being murdered for obama to even begin to try and act high and mighty about gun control. He came from Chicago and as much as he ignores it, i'm sure he has a pretty good idea about gun violence in america. He began his term in 2008 and he waits 5 years to bring up a serious discussion on gun control? FOH. Why does he need to surround himself w/ little kids and their letters about guns when he could have just picked any of the thousands of adults and children in his former city who lost people to gun violence. But no that's not polarizing enough to the public. He's gotta wait for white kids to get murdered before he says enough is enough.

This has been the most lax President on gun control period he is a smart politician because he knew if he would tackle gun control in his first term there would not be a second term for him. To be honest he probably would had left gun control off the table in both of his terms if that Aurora shooting in the movie theater and sandy hook elementary school shooting did not happen.

thats true. if he really cared about gun control from day one, its a shame he's waiting 5 years and waited for an elementary school to get shot up before he decided it was time to seriously pursue legislation on it.
  • a.mann
    edited January 2013
    The press conference is dealing with gun violence . It was kids getting slaughtered that sparked this, having kids there isn't a "foul"

• GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not gonna be trolled by you...

but I will say this... the vast majority of politicians are White and no way to they give 2 ? about what happens to Blacks and Latinos as it pertains to, well, anything negative (arrests, imprisonments, death, etc)... However, 20 little kids was the catalyst for all of this talk about Gun violence... Dude in Aurora capped 50+ people killing like 13... politicians didn't care. Little kids... apparently they are the limit that people will tolerate.

As far as Obama's kids having armed protection, this has been the norm since the creation of the Secret Svc... no one, including the NRA had a problem with it until now...
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

What? Obama has always been big on gun control. Hell that was one of the things southern whites were trying to use against him when he was running for president again. They were constantly trying to paint the picture that if he was re-elected, everyone would lose their right to own guns. Obama has already gone on record as saying that he wished that it were possible for guns to be taken away altogether, but he understands it's a constitutional right and he has not plans on trying to take away such rights.
  • Matt-
    BY LAW, the President of the United States and his immediate family (wife and kids) will be protected by the Secret Service

Seriously you got to really have you head up your ass (or be a Right Wing/Tea Party Conservative) NOT to understand the reasons as to why.

Why the hell this is suddenly in question?

i'm not sure what you are talking about but i've heard it mentioned that their school is protected by armed personel. and that was the case before the obama's showed up. obviously they have extra security now with the kids there, but they are not the reason the school is "armed"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    INB4 Obama is re-inaugurated while surrounded by dozens of Secret Service members carrying "assault weapons".

They're good enough to protect him, but not us regular folk.

obama-riding.jpg?42e305
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he's lost touch with reality. he sits up there comfy and protected... and thinks that removing legally purchased firearms from people will solve gun violence...

this is illogical as ? .

The original assault weapons ban that President Bill Clinton passed back in the 90's was written by then Senator Joe Biden so now that Joe biden is vice president the days of legally acquiring guns is about to be scrutinized to the last letter.
  • Matt-

I'm not gonna be trolled by you...

but I will say this... the vast majority of politicians are White and no way to they give 2 ? about what happens to Blacks and Latinos as it pertains to, well, anything negative (arrests, imprisonments, death, etc)... However, 20 little kids was the catalyst for all of this talk about Gun violence... Dude in Aurora capped 50+ people killing like 13... politicians didn't care. Little kids... apparently they are the limit that people will tolerate.

As far as Obama's kids having armed protection, this has been the norm since the creation of the Secret Svc... no one, including the NRA had a problem with it until now...

lol i'm not trolling. i'm just saying what i believe to be true. and his daughters attending an 'armed' school has nothing to do with their secret service detail. and nobody has a problem with the school being armed. expect people who don't want to arm schools.
  • The Prodigalson
    NB4 us regular folk feels we're on an even field with the president of the United States.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that they're going to ban all guns?
  • a.mann
    edited January 2013
    NB4 us regular folk feels we're on an even field with the president of the United States.

too late :(

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    Why is everyone jumping to the conclusion that they're going to ban all guns?

Because people love arguing against straw men.

Banning all guns has never even been an option, yet that continually seems to get thrown around.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal..."

lLGyC.png

I guess we're back to the three-fifths days.
  • The Prodigalson

too late :(

Super_FUUU_Face.jpg?1318992465