? of War Ascension: Single Player Demo

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in IllGaming
So now the SP demo is out, all I gotta say is GOTDAYUM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E98OT1bCzog&list=LLxUhyXNdrrY_kXZhg2kQZ0w

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea I only played it twice I had it for a while, its not bad I might buy it if the single player is good
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It looks super repetitive.
  • VIBE
    Options
    It is, there's not too much action either. It's usually 1v1.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a button masher, but GOW never had deep combat controls. It's ok. The 8 player modes are laggy as hell when 5 or more people are in the same area, and if there are only 3 people in the Free for Fall mode, prepare to get jumped and have your kills stolen. I'll probably buy mostly for the single player tho.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another game like AC that time spent trying to make it MP could have been used to make the SP better
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They have 2 seperate teams for sp and mp. The mp is no different than those fps games, they are all repetitive.
  • supaman4321
    supaman4321 Members Posts: 946
    Options
    played one match

deleted

whoever thought adding competitive multiplayer to ? of War would be a good idea should be fired
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    played one match

deleted

whoever thought adding competitive multiplayer to ? of War would be a good idea should be fired

gotta cosign this....if it ain't got nothin to do with guns....I ain interested....multiplayer has become more of curse than a blessing this gen
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    played one match

deleted

gotta cosign this....if it ain't got nothin to do with guns....I ain interested....multiplayer has become more of curse than a blessing this gen

I blame Live and COD. Companies need to compete and MS has turned the US into a bunch of light weight MP gamers.
    People complained before about Sony not focusing enough on MP, then when they do people complain about that.
    Still I personally would rather play this online than generic shooters.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Can't complain about MP so much though, it's what makes gaming more fun.

If you need some thing to blame, it's PC gaming that made ? like this big.
  • VIBE
    Options
    Updated thread and OP, it's the SP demo.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice .............. 1st day
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Holla at me when they drop this demo on PSN because I'm damn sure not buying Total Recall to play a short ass demo...unless the movie is good, lol.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • VIBE
    Options
    Total Recall was ass.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Total Recall was ass.

LOL Yeah I bought it for the demo I seen it in the theatre already though
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    wait wheres the single player demo?
  • VIBE
    Options
    In the OP, but to play it yourself, you need to buy Total Recall and download the demo from that.

I'm sure the demo will be out for everyone soon.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    ‘The Last of Us’ Demo Packaged With ‘? of War: Ascension’

[img]http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Last-of-Us-Demo-? -of-War-Ascension.jpg[/img]

With only a handful of exciting titles left before talk of the next-gen significantly ramps up, and even fewer console exclusives, there was bound to be some camaraderie amongst specific publisher’s games. Games that are unique to a platform or publisher, for example, want to ensure the success of each other in the same way that a Medal of Honor usually includes entry into a Battlefield beta.

In this case, the cooperation is between two Sony exclusives – ? of War: Ascension and The Last of Us – both slated for release before the first half of the year. And the announcement is this: anyone that purchases ? of War will net themselves first access to a Last of Us demo that is to be released at a later date.

Naughty Dog delivered the news earlier today, but unfortunately they were light on details. All we can glean from their post is that the demo will likely not be available when Ascension releases on March 12th, but it will feature an entire chapter from The Last of Us.

Additionally there was no clarification as to whether the demo is exclusive to ? of War: Ascension owners, or if it might become available to PS Plus or regular PSN members at a later date. Granted, if you’re a fan of ? of War you’re likely to be a fan of Naughty Dog, and by extension intrigued by Last of Us, but that doesn’t mean some won’t buy GoW just for the demo.

Also of note is the wording of the post’s headline, which reads ‘The Last of Us Demo Coming First to ? of War: Ascension Owners’ suggests a staggered release plan, but we’re only guessing at this point.

Either way, this will be the first opportunity for gamers to truly experience The Last of Us, and see how it stacks up to the Uncharted franchise. Trailers thus far have showcased an interesting blend of survival and action, as well as some stunning cut scenes, but how it all comes together is what we’re really curious about.

Will you be picking up ? of War: Ascension just for a Last of Us demo? Will a demo convince you Naughty Dog’s latest is worth a buy?

? of War: Ascension is out March 12, 2013 for the PS3. The Last of Us releases May 7, 2013 for the PS3.

-

Source: PlayStation Blog
  • VIBE
    Options
    Damn, so because of that demo, GoW is a MUST buy.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    It was already a must buy, but now I am more excited than I was before. Trust, Ascension is going to be a great game.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    Damn, so because of that demo, GoW is a MUST buy.

LOL! CS this
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i am so ? ready for this.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    i am so ? ready for this.

you mean Lst of Us right?