Happy "Focus Got His Wii U Day" Everybody!

Options
focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in IllGaming
\:D/

I think only a couple people have copped so far in the Arcade, so post your Nintendo Network ID's here. I guess we can use this as the official thread for now since the "mods" can't be bothered to make one and sticky it. I don't have my ID yet, doing the update now. Will post later...

And, as always, be sure to let me know who is mad in the comments below :D

Comments

• tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That controller looks like a game gear....
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What games did you pick up with it?
  • focus
    edited January 2013
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

Just New Super Mario Bros U, and it came with NintendoLand of course.

I might get ZombiU tomorrow, and a couple eshop games I think I want. Havent even started playing anything. Just messing around in MiiVerse now.

Nintendo Network ID: Roc-Boy-U

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread about to do joe budden albums sales numbers.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    INB4 I played the Wii U for 30 minutes and its wack so I took it back, but never touched the Wii U in life.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    INB4 I played the Wii U for 30 minutes and its wack so I took it back, but never touched the Wii U in life.

InB4 you get sonned again.

34pmjgn.jpg
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does the update still take hours to complete or did they patch and fix it yet? How big are the save files?
  • tha bause
    Options
    Each update is over 1gb....I have around 17gb dedicated to bf3 right now
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got my girl one

I play the ? outta Mario U
  • focus
    Options
    Does the update still take hours to complete or did they patch and fix it yet? How big are the save files?

They've released one patch addressing the update so far I think. Mine took about 45 mins. Don't know how big the save files are. Since the Wii U accepts any external harddrive I don't think about it.
  • tha bause
    Options
    tha bause wrote: »
    Each update is over 1gb....I have around 17gb dedicated to bf3 right now

? I read that wrong
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    $300+ Just to play a 2D game rofl ...yet this guy stay bashing PS games? All sars >>>>>>>2D Mario and The Last of Us >>>>>>>>> Nintendo as a gaming company, staff and organization. LOL im done sonning this fan boy. ? paying $60 Bucks for a 2D game like its 1984.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did you have to do extra chores to save up your allowance to buy one, or was it like an early sweet sixteen present or something?
  • focus
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    focus wrote: »

Just New Super Mario Bros U, and it came with NintendoLand of course.

I'll might get ZombiU tomorrow, and a couple eshop games I think I want. Havent even started playing anything. Just messing around in MiiVerse now.

Nintendo Network ID: Roc-Boy-U

Save your money.... it's garbage.

I probably wont cop. I downloaded the demo. I wouldnt call it garbage though. Reviews are mixed, but its sitting at a 7.7 on metacritic right now and I think thats about right. It has some good ideas. The gamepad functionality, the permadeath system and the fact that its an actual survival horror game and not an action game. But yea, it has some issues. Its a polarizing game. I can see why some love it and others hate it. I just really wanted DmC so I copped that instead.

New Super Mario Bros U is the ? though! I never really just got into the "New Super" series like that. I played them all and they were...fine. Good games, but I didnt think they ever really re-captured what made the OG 2D marios so great. But NSMBU changes all that, easily the best in the series. Could've been called Super Mario Bros. 4. It feels like Super Mario World. I wish they would've used a different artstyle and music just to distance it from the previous "New Super" games some, but the visuals are so crisp and vibrant that its hard to fault it. The game looks really good and I like how MiiVerse is integrated.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How the gamepad controller feel after lengthy playing periods?
  • focus
    edited January 2013
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

There are no lengthy playing periods. The battery life on the controller is pretty short. Maybe 3-4 hours tops, which would be fine if it was just gaming I guess, depending on the game and person. Its just annoying right now cause I wanna try out all this stuff. You'll be playing a game, then switch to MiiVerse and ? around on there, then maybe switch to the internet, then maybe Nintendo TVii and then boom...battery dies. The gamepad has all these functions that can keep you occupied with it, but doesnt have the battery life to support it. It charges pretty quick though. I'm gonna pick up the extended battery in the near future which is supposed to give it 10+ hours.

As for how the Gamepad feels though, I really wouldnt worry about that even after long play sessions. The controller feels completely normal after a very short amount of time. Its light, comfortable, and the button layout makes sense. It feels just as good if not better than any other console controller. The size and all that becomes an afterthought.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    joshuaboy wrote: »

There are no lengthy playing periods. The battery life on the controller is pretty short. Maybe 3-4 hours tops, which would be fine if it was just gaming I guess, depending on the game and person. Its just annoying right now cause I wanna try out all this stuff. You'll be playing a game, then switch to MiiVerse and ? around on there, then maybe switch to the internet, then maybe Nintendo TVii and then boom...battery dies. The gamepad has all these functions that can keep you occupied with it, but doesnt have the battery life to support it. It charges pretty quick though. I'm gonna pick up the extended battery in the near future which is supposed to give it 10+ hours.

As for how the Gamepad feels though, I really wouldnt worry about that even after long play sessions. The controller feels completely normal after a very short amount of time. Its light, comfortable, and the button layout makes sense. It feels just as good if not better than any other console controller. The size and all that becomes an afterthought.

da+_620eebdda3346e2e03413021dba24569.jpg
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll wait a year or so to buy all new consoles. Company's rush em out the door just to say first and I ain't no dam beta tester. In a year the game pad will have better battery life and probably be smaller
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I almost bout the Wii U for Xmas but it was sold out everywhere.

So I'm holding off a bit longer for more games. Not in any rush.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    I almost bout the Wii U for Xmas but it was sold out everywhere.

So I'm holding off a bit longer for more games. Not in any rush.

I was gonna buy one last week. Store here got them but didn't bring any games. Said there was a mix up with the shipment and the packages didn't arrive together, so I held off.