Metal Gear Rising: Revengence

Options

Comments

• grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vaas wrote: »
    I'll just wait till afro samurai 2 drops.

thats was a good joke..

quick question to those that dont like this...

DID YALL LIKE BAYONETTA, VANQUISH OR ? HAND?

Vanquish is one of the best games this gen.

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bayonetta was good combat-wise and I had fun with it. The story was ass cheeks tho; Actually, I still don't know WTF that game was about (shout out to Rage). Never played Vanquish aside from the demo, or ? Hand. ? of War Ascension, as far as MP, will be mediocre at best. Hopefully it doesn't hurt the story TOO much.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? of War games only worth 1 playthrough and has the worst combat system of the three: DMC/Baoyonetta, NG, GOW
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    ? of War games only worth 1 playthrough and has the worst combat system of the three: DMC/Baoyonetta, NG, GOW
    Well, I usually playthough them twice, once on hard, and then again on the hardest difficulty (which is still easy) to get trophies and such, but co-sign the rest. I'm not gonna say the combat is wack, but compared to those other games, it's extremely lacking. Matter of fact, Darksiders 2 might even be better combat-wise than ? of War. I still ? with the franchise tho.

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most games that are in development way after their original release date turn out to be pieces of ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

See GOW is about more than combat.It has a Story which the others lack,better characters and production with a better emgine,platforming and puzzle game play, then it has the best boss fights.The combat in GOW is far more rewarding and has more depth with the grapoling syst and enemy types.Also I have played the demo and the game play is far better than mgsr.The others are great action games but gow stands as one of the greatest franchises of all time.I could have taken the easy way out and brought up sales and reviews but I can actually explaim my opinion without that.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    i like it... gon take a bit to get use to the running cause i wanna butt slide every where...

that woulda been awesome... the vanquish butt slide mixed with MGR's sword play...

You actually paying $60 bucks for this?
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Well, I usually playthough them twice, once on hard, and then again on the hardest difficulty (which is still easy) to get trophies and such, but co-sign the rest. I'm not gonna say the combat is wack, but compared to those other games, it's extremely lacking. Matter of fact, Darksiders 2 might even be better combat-wise than ? of War. I still ? with the franchise tho.

I agree that the other games have deeper combo systems but they lack in every other aspects of gaming.Dante is a cheesy character and Beyonetta is a lame character and all of them minus Darksiders only have combat to focus on.Besides NG3 was trash and both it and Beyonetta as well as Darksiders show.obvious influence from GOW.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just tried to play this ? . HOW THE ? DO YOU BLOCK?
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    Just tried to play this ? . HOW THE ? DO YOU BLOCK?

You don't lol I still dont know how to throw a grenade. Game is real cheesy
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Naw there's definitely a way to block. Me and my ? took tuns playing the ? and the one ? that is a fighting spammer made fagdien block for a split second.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    And i agree the way they designed sub weapons is ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    I'm assuming no since you can't post up against walls and the game will frequently create zones where you have to beat all the enemies to continue.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Demo is up on XBOX Live
    This and Dead Space 3

Oh SHIET
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »

I agree that the other games have deeper combo systems but they lack in every other aspects of gaming.Dante is a cheesy character and Beyonetta is a lame character and all of them minus Darksiders only have combat to focus on.Besides NG3 was trash and both it and Beyonetta as well as Darksiders show.obvious influence from GOW.

Aside from some QTE events, Bayonetta is nothing like GOW, but more like the first Devil May Cry (since the creators from that game helped make Bayonetta). Co-sign on Darksiders taking some elements from GOW, and as far as that garbage know as NG3.....anyway. Not disagreeing with GoW being better overall, just inferior combat-wise. Still copping Ascension tho.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    demo looks good
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    Just played it...don't like it at all. Couldn't finish the demo before I said, ? it.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    Just played it...don't like it at all. Couldn't finish the demo before I said, ? it.

Co sign, i quit at the part where they made me fight two geckos after i just fought one for the first time.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options

Co sign, i quit at the part where they made me fight two geckos after i just fought one for the first time.

lol @ that being the exact part I quit at too
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@ ? being frustrated with two geckos ? wasnt that hard.....yo I ? with this ? heavy after playing the demo
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn y'all really suck at games and I don't consider NG3 cannon