Metal Gear Rising: Revengence

Options

Comments

• JeromeChance
    JeromeChance Members Posts: 5
    Options
    If you can beat it in one-sitting, then ? Gamefly, you might as well redbox that ? .
    true

• scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    Options
    just beat the game yesterday it was ok it deals with the aftermath of mgs4 war economy and child soldiers as new recruits in vr training and nanomachines play a heavy part in this game too. theres some past mgs references like a solider hiding in a cardboard box and raiden says i wonder who he learned that from and other stuff that i wont spoil, the story cutscene wise is about 2 hours long.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was the game good?
  • scoop1215
    Options
    Vaas wrote: »
    Was the game good?

it was good i will say that not great. raiden has a devil trigger lol called jack the ripper mode that happens at the start of the 2nd boss battle. the final boss is hard. the music in this game sounds like something from a japanese anime i wish it had a classic metal gear soundtrack to the game and not that.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    Was the game good?

it was good i will say that not great. raiden has a devil trigger lol called jack the ripper mode that happens at the start of the 2nd boss battle. the final boss is hard. the music in this game sounds like something from a japanese anime i wish it had a classic metal gear soundtrack to the game and not that.

Sounds like the ? substance less game I knew it would be. I did not even know it came out already and neither did the rest of the universe.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eh.. i'll rent it only because i'm a metal gear fan
  • scoop1215
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Was the game good?

Sounds like the ? substance less game I knew it would be. I did not even know it came out already and neither did the rest of the universe.

i got it early from a local mom and pop store it comes out tomorrow and ps3 get 30 extra vr missions as a dlc exclusive

• scoop1215
    Options
    this fight happens the 1st 10 minutes of the game
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j86Bi_8Pac
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • scoop1215
    edited February 2013
    Options
    does it explain what the ? happened to his lower jaw?

from the metal gear wiki

As a prisoner, the Patriots used Raiden as a test subject for experiments in exoskeletal enhancement surgery, during which he had his head and spine excised from his body from his lower jaw down and subsequently grafted into an enhanced synthetic body. this happened before mgs4
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    does it explain what the ? happened to his lower jaw?
    Did you play MGS4? They explained it in the game
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reviews have been positive. These are XBOX 360 scores because, of course, its rated higher on 360

GameTrailers - 9.2
    An amazing action game that offers a level of exacting fidelity that few can match. The short length isn’t a detractor--you’ll definitely come back for seconds given everything it has to offer. Hacking enemies to pieces hasn’t felt this good in a long time. Don’t be surprised if this isn’t the last we see of Raiden.

Destructoid - 9.0
    These animations are fantastic, with some crossing the line into total (joyful) absurdity, and most end with the opportunity to completely obliterate your target by cutting them into a hundred pieces. How many games are there where the player could, at a moment's notice, find themselves running across the tops of missiles to destroy a military helicopter with a sword?

GameSpot - 8.5
    Revengeance is ultimately a departure from the old way of doing things. Almost every scenario demands conflict rather than silent infiltration, and instead of conforming to his environment, Raiden can transform it in a matter of seconds.

IGN - 8.5
    Whether or not you have ever enjoyed Metal Gear, this is a must for anyone who appreciates melee-combat. It’s simple, fast, and clean, with enough supporting content like additional weapons and secrets to encourage a campaign replay – or more, if you find yourself obsessed with the idea of a no-? run.
  • scoop1215
    edited February 2013
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Reviews have been positive. These are XBOX 360 scores because, of course, its rated higher on 360

GameTrailers - 9.2
    An amazing action game that offers a level of exacting fidelity that few can match. The short length isn’t a detractor--you’ll definitely come back for seconds given everything it has to offer. Hacking enemies to pieces hasn’t felt this good in a long time. Don’t be surprised if this isn’t the last we see of Raiden.

Destructoid - 9.0
    These animations are fantastic, with some crossing the line into total (joyful) absurdity, and most end with the opportunity to completely obliterate your target by cutting them into a hundred pieces. How many games are there where the player could, at a moment's notice, find themselves running across the tops of missiles to destroy a military helicopter with a sword?

GameSpot - 8.5
    Revengeance is ultimately a departure from the old way of doing things. Almost every scenario demands conflict rather than silent infiltration, and instead of conforming to his environment, Raiden can transform it in a matter of seconds.

IGN - 8.5
    Whether or not you have ever enjoyed Metal Gear, this is a must for anyone who appreciates melee-combat. It’s simple, fast, and clean, with enough supporting content like additional weapons and secrets to encourage a campaign replay – or more, if you find yourself obsessed with the idea of a no-? run.

until u see the last boss of the game thats why i said its good not a great game in terms of final metal gear boss battles go this one is wack. oh since u want to start a console war ps3 got exclusive dlc for this game with 30 extra missions
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Looks like my type of game.

Thanks @ t/s for the advertisement.

Jedi Mind tricks?
  • focus
    edited February 2013
    Options
    oh since u want to start a console war ps3 got exclusive dlc for this game with 30 extra missions

I dont "start console wars". I state facts that some people catch feelings over.
  • scoop1215
    Options
    oh since u want to start a console war ps3 got exclusive dlc for this game with 30 extra missions

I dont "start console wars". I state facts that some people catch feelings over.

whats this then "These are XBOX 360 scores because, of course, its rated higher on 360."

anyway heres a real fact about the game if you input the classic konami code at the title screen you unlock very hard and revengeance mode.
  • focus
    Options

whats this then "These are XBOX 360 scores because, of course, its rated higher on 360."

A fact.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A fact.
    Post the lanks
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I couldn't make it through the first walkthrough on youtube. ? is terrible and platinum games should feel bad about it.
  • ocelot
    Options
    This game go hard!!!
  • scoop1215
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    This game go hard!!!
    u listen to all the codec calls they talk alot about the past the sears program, solidus, etc.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The camera, blocking, and dodging are ? . They should do something more simple for such a fast pace game. Just made it to the fourth stage and I'm hanging it up. I'll finish this game when the Gray Fox skin is available for americans.
  • ocelot
    Options
    This game go hard!!!
    u listen to all the codec calls they talk alot about the past the sears program, solidus, etc.
    Nah not yet... I just beat the second chpt... Normally when I play a Metal Gear I listen to the codec for hours... But I went right in the action... This game is beautiful... It reminds me of how I felt when I played Ninja Gaidan on the Xbox.
  • scoop1215
    Options
    This game go hard!!!
    Nah not yet... I just beat the second chpt... Normally when I play a Metal Gear I listen to the codec for hours... But I went right in the action... This game is beautiful... It reminds me of how I felt when I played Ninja Gaidan on the Xbox.

im on my 3rd playthrough i beat it on normal and hard now im on revengeance mode im trying to 100% this game but its so hard. the 4 trophies/achivements u have to beat stages with all s ranks and take no damage from bosses in reveneance mode. u get very hard mode and revengeance modes by doing the old school konami code at the title screen.